Hollyoaks - The Lovedays: First Impressions?

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So obviously we haven't yet met Louis or Zack but we've seen Simone appear. Its early days yet but what does everyone think of her and what are we expecting from the other two?

I quite like her so far, its early days yet but I quite like what I've seen, she seems pretty fearless and assertive without being mouthy. Interesting to see a well spoken character in Hollyoaks as there haven't been many in Hollyoaks. Its ages since I've seen the actress in anything, probably not since Grange Hill but I think she could be a likeable character. I think Louis will be pretty good too, the actor was quite good in The Bill from what I remember, haven't seen Zack's actor in anything so cant judge him

Comments

• StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure about her to be honest. I think Simone is on the scene to ruffle a few feathers but she might be a different mother and wife so it'll be interesting to see that side of her but I think she'll end up on the wrong side of some people. I don't know whether you have seen the E4 episode so I'll keep quiet about why I think that but otherwise I'll keep an open mind. I'm sure their storyline will in some part explain why she is how she is.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't caught the latest E4 ep so I'm judging it purely on her scenes with Cindy but she's quite an interesting character, reminded me a little of Heidi Costello but as you say we'll see what she's like with her family, Jacqueline Boatswain's definitely a capable actress though, just hope BK doesn't turn the characters into nutcases like he does half the village

Edit: Watching it now, not sure why Cindy is reacting the way she is, did she not replace Frankie in exactly the same circumstances, just rock up and tell Frankie that Head Office had replaced her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more scenes with Cindy without giving too much away but others are involved.

Regarding what they'll turn into is probably either dependent on their initial storyline or how well they're received. I didn't watch it when they did that cull and revamp and brought in the new families like the Costellos but if I remember rightly, at least one of the families was quite badly received and were removed almost as quickly as they were brought in. As you've not seen the E4 episode I'll not spoil but there is something she's said in it which makes me wonder why she's the manager of a village convenience store.

I think it'll come to light that one of the family has done something which has forced them to move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Edit: Watching it now, not sure why Cindy is reacting the way she is, did she not replace Frankie in exactly the same circumstances, just rock up and tell Frankie that Head Office had replaced her?

I think we're supposed to forget this and I can sort of see it from Cindy's perspective. She's quite good at dishing it out but not so much at taking it and she certainly wouldn't have expected to be replaced just like that (in her mind)
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more scenes with Cindy without giving too much away but others are involved.

Regarding what they'll turn into is probably either dependent on their initial storyline or how well they're received. I didn't watch it when they did that cull and revamp and brought in the new families like the Costellos but if I remember rightly, at least one of the families was quite badly received and were removed almost as quickly as they were brought in. As you've not seen the E4 episode I'll not spoil but there is something she's said in it which makes me wonder why she's the manager of a village convenience store.

I think it'll come to light that one of the family has done something which has forced them to move.

Yes, the Sharpes, probably best known for Gabby's *clip clop* scene. They were axed mainly because Phina Oruche and the other actors were absolutely dreadful.

I've seen the parents in stuff before and liked them in it so I think they'll be alright, provided the writing is okay for them.

Yes I think I know what you're talking about, even the character being so well spoken strikes me as odd for someone who is a manager of a small convenience store. I thought when they were announced they said that Simone was the new owner not the new manager? Strange..

Yeah that seems like a plausible theory, I think either one of them has committed a crime or one of them has witnessed a serious crime.
  • ofthenightofthenight Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Simone seems like an interesting character. So far she's come across as quite a strong, assertive woman but when she heard Cindy say she had had time off for health reasons, she looked like she felt a bit guilty. I think there will probably be a softer side to her. So far I have no complaints about her so hopefully her husband and son will be good characters.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how good or bad the new family are it will only be a matter of weeks before one them is revealed as being gay, another will be kidnapped and blackmailed and another will end up in hospital.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I like Simone so far. However, I don't trust Hollyoaks to keep anyone a good character these days. The actress seems good, but wish Hollyoaks was in a better state right now.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    No matter how good or bad the new family are it will only be a matter of weeks before one them is revealed as being gay, another will be kidnapped and blackmailed and another will end up in hospital.

:D

And the husband probably shags Mercedes.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I like what I've seen so far
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    dubgaz wrote: »

Yawn. What's your next comment? to call it Hollyjokes?