Options

Eastenders - Friday 9th October 2015 | Sins Of The Mother

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved the scenes tonight - Ian's so happy now :)

Harry Reid really impressed with tonight with Ben's scenes.
  • Options
    Minute Mart 1Minute Mart 1 Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode of the week, (which I know isn't hard, the bar has not been raised lets face it) It was far from perfect and to too silly for words, but I really enjoyed it. It was gripping and entertaining to watch. Harry Reid owed his scenes.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still watching but I am even more convinced than I just posted on another thread that Kathy is not telling the whole truth.

I predict we will find out the truth xmas 2016
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't felt for the guy in years, but Poor Ben... :(

Kathy 'dying' was, of course, the catalyst for his messed up life.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Harry Reid was incredible.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a very good episode and the reactions were as expected. Kathy is a saint in Ian's eyes and he's desperate for family around him
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I thought that was a great episode! Ben's reaction to seeing Kathy was brilliant. Utter shock and disbelief. Very well acted by Harry Reid. It's the just the reaction I would have expected to see. Adam was also great in expressing Ian's emotional joy in having his mum back in his life again (that kitchen scene was real good). Originally, I would have expected him to have the same reaction as Ben but you know what? It actually makes sense for him to be happy and gleeful since he grew up with his mum. Gillian and Laurie were on top form too!

Jay was also good tonight (having Lola dump him for Dexter on his birthday was cruel though. Didn't like that). I liked his talk with Ben, they still have a tight brotherly relationship. Harry Reid was really on top form! Great episode overall, I really enjoyed that episode. Best one of the week for sure!:cool:

I'm really pleased that I enjoyed it too. Another great present for me! It's made my birthday even better! Now I can continue partying till I see stars! Woooohooooo!:D

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'M GONNA CHUCK MY MOOOOOOOONEY!:D:cool:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Lola is probably ringing Jay to tell him that she's dumping him for Dexter.
    Poor Lola
    CHRIST....way to screw over Lola off screen. Hooking up with bloody Dexter.
    She must be desperate
    The_abbott wrote: »
    How does Lola know Dexter likes her? Noone can understand what he says
    She makes him write it down
    Benth will be angry with Kathy I think
    Benth is angry with most people.
    owen10 wrote: »
    Gavin is an Abuser
    Not so. They are just good friends
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It was better then yesterday but it still feels it could of been so much better.

Harry Reid was fantastic.
    He did not impress me. He was very rude to his mom. >:(
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great OP Harlowe. Voted Yes. :)

Great episode to wrap up the week.

Reflecting back on the week, I have liked how Kathy's reunion with her boys has played out and the contrast in their reactions which are believable and in character.

Ian has been through so much over the past 18 months from losing his only daughter to finding out that his son killed her and his wife moved her body to the common keeping the dark secret from him for ten months. This fragility was inevitable and Ian has turned into a little child that has found his lost mummy. He's lost so many people he loves and cares about that he's just glad that his mummy is alive. He'll ask questions later. His 'surrogate mum' Jane is naturally put out and I hope Kathy wipes the floor with the manipulating maniac.

Ben's reaction was brilliant. Harry Reid was fantastic. His anger was palpable and the dark atmosphere was perfect in symbolising the dark path he has walked down since losing his mother ten years ago. He's messed up and who knows?, some of that may be down to Gavin. His scene with Paul served as the perfect prelude to the reunion whilst also giving some much needed depth to the character of Paul. It was right that Jay and Abi would be on hand to take him home. Little does Sharon know that her daddy is about to come back from the dead a second time. Gavin's got his daughter's husband hostage. I think this hostage plot will lead to the reveal that Gavin is her father and he has deep roots in Walford.

This story is just getting started. Welcome home Kathy.