Options

EE - Will Charlie make one more appearance?

BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
Forum Member
Even though I don't mind the ambiguity of Charlie's last episode and it leaves it open for a return, I would love him to return as part of the Hubbards' revenge against the Mitchells for an episode where it is revealed Vincent let him live as part of their plan and he surprises Ronnie before taking Matthew and disappearing for good. What does everyone else think? I always wished and hoped for Ronnie to have a child but now she's been shown to be such a nasty and controlling person it would be safer for him to be with Charlie.

Comments

• Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I detest Ronnie at the moment and she's not a safe person to have Matthew. Charlie has looked after him since he was born and is a more than adequate parent. I know it's not Ronnie's fault she wasn't around at the time but she's going more and more loopy and she's downright horrible. If her answer to someone bothering her is to kill them how can she be a decent parent?
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked Ronnie, until now! I can't stand the way she has treated Charlie, OK if she doesn't love him anymore fair-enough but she didn't need to treat him like that, and to suggest he is like his father was pathetic!

Also, she went mad at her sister and him for sleeping together (she did have a point!!) saying how could he with such a young baby etc, but she is happy sleeping with Vincent knowing he has a young baby and wife too!

Really not liking her right now!
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way his exit was set and the fact my own suspicions about Dean having anything to do with it were put to bed (he only found out about Roxy's plans on the Friday and they're now having that abuse storyline), there's clearly going to be room for Charlie to make another few more appearances. There was mystery surrounding whether Phil killed Lisa Fowler in Portugal. She returned in 2003 during Phil's wedding reception to Kate. She got Louise back.

It makes me wonder if Declan Bennett was properly axed OR if it was a mutual decision to leave so they keep the door open. If he was axed outright then DTC may have not set up his exit in such a manner, instead making it more conclusive (if he was kept alive in such a case, a future EP could've brought him back). His exit wouldn't have been written with obvious red herrings if they weren't looking at a future one off return.

The whole set up on Thursday, as well as Dot's suspicions about why he left again, means that he'll be back.

Claudette hates Ronnie and Vincent still wants revenge against Phil. He probably paid off Charlie in secret.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "axing" makes no sense to me. Charlie seemed to be pretty popular at the time it was announced.
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie should make one more appearnce to take Mathew away. He's disappearnce makes no sense unless he was killed.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I don't mind the ambiguity of Charlie's last episode and it leaves it open for a return, I would love him to return as part of the Hubbards' revenge against the Mitchells for an episode where it is revealed Vincent let him live as part of their plan and he surprises Ronnie before taking Matthew and disappearing for good. What does everyone else think? I always wished and hoped for Ronnie to have a child but now she's been shown to be such a nasty and controlling person it would be safer for him to be with Charlie.

I Hope so. Ronnie does not deserve kids because of themis vile, spiteful, selfiah, controlling creature she has become. If not Roxy kills Ronnie!
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

please let this happen the sanctimonious cow deserves it
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    I have always liked Ronnie, until now! I can't stand the way she has treated Charlie, OK if she doesn't love him anymore fair-enough but she didn't need to treat him like that, and to suggest he is like his father was pathetic!

Also, she went mad at her sister and him for sleeping together (she did have a point!!) saying how could he with such a young baby etc, but she is happy sleeping with Vincent knowing he has a young baby and wife too!

Really not liking her right now!

I agree with this.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Dot now also thinks he has gone to look after Yvonne. wouldn't surprise me if she rocks up in a few weeks looking for him and then the penny drops and everyone will be looking at Ronnie. How will she wriggle out of that one.

This could actually turn out to be a good story if Vincent isn't a lapdog and is actually getting one over on Ronnie.
  • Options
    CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Surely there must be more to this to be told in the next few weeks.

Would it not become obvious to Dot and everyone else for that matter when Charlie doesn't come back from visiting his Mum or if he is indeed dead doesn't even call them.

I hope this isn't the end for Charlie and we get a surprise return otherwise it will be another disappointing exit.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Vincent took care of him So maybe he wont come back
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I miss him. One of the only original Slaters I'd love to see back full time
    Him and Mo are proper Eastenders
  • Options
    MinaHMinaH Posts: 3,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie has a masculine approach to situations nowadays. She could be Phil's younger brother. If she was a man then I think she would be considered a second to third tier villain compared to the first tier male villains there have been including Phil.

I think it is because she is a woman that it appears she is a first tier villain. But I don't think so. All those she has been against have done something to her first. Charlie cheated on her when she was in hospital. Ronnie gave Charlie the money so that Charlie could pay off his father. Charlie's father tried to kill Ronnie.

Ronnie is definitely psychologically damaged - she has been through a lot but I don't think she is a first tier villain. Everything she has done has been in one sense or another protective. She won't allow Charlie to take her son ... hence Charlie vanishes.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie should return as a strangely endearing Scottish or Irish nanny called Mrs Doubtfire who inexplicably turns up on Ronnie's doorstep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie cheated on Ronnie when he should have been at her bedside. He also sort of pressurised Ronnie to give him a whole stash of money to meet the demands of his dad Nick Cotton ... and his stupid mother went and burnt it all. So in revenge Nick Cotton tries to kill Ronnie. Talk about missing the target and stupidity.

So Charlie wasn't there when Ronnie most needed him - instead he was busy getting into the underwear of Roxie. From that moment onward the character was ruined for me. Ruined I say. He got his just dessert in the immorality stakes.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie being touted as some sort of strong female is laughable. She always goes begging to a man, sort out your own problems ffs!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Charlie comes back and gets full custody of Matthew. By the time that storyline comes around again I probably won't still be watching, the way it's going at the moment.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinaH wrote: »
    Charlie cheated on Ronnie when he should have been at her bedside. He also sort of pressurised Ronnie to give him a whole stash of money to meet the demands of his dad Nick Cotton ... and his stupid mother went and burnt it all. So in revenge Nick Cotton tries to kill Ronnie. Talk about missing the target and stupidity.

So Charlie wasn't there when Ronnie most needed him - instead he was busy getting into the underwear of Roxie. From that moment onward the character was ruined for me. Ruined I say. He got his just dessert in the immorality stakes.

agreed. Charlie is no saint in all this. His actions haven't actually helped Ronnie's state of mind
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    agreed. Charlie is no saint in all this. His actions haven't actually helped Ronnie's state of mind

so you're giving the baby snatching Murderer the moral high ground?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think it's safe to say Charlie is alive and well. Walford thugs use wads of cash to get rid of all their problems, not violence.

After all that nonsense the week he disappeared about him claiming to be nothing like his father, in a shock unforseeable twist we'll probably find out he chose Vincent's money over Matthew, possibly spilling ketchup on him in the process explaining that sudden change of clothes.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did I say that?

Nick's return was Charlie's fault. He caused the chain of events.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we find out where Charlie is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    God I hope so. I don't criticise EE much they really massacred that character. He could have been great and Declan Bennett deserved so much better than that Roxy/Ronnie/Vincent mess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby snatching - they portrayed her as mentally broken after the death of her baby and it was just chance that she was able to swap babies. And she was being strangled by the person she eventually killed - it was more self defence than murder. Even the actor that played Dirty Den, Leslie Grantham, was a real time murderer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Grantham#Murder_conviction