Fearne Cottons Interview with Morgan Freeman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
Forum Member
✭✭
Fearne Cotton interviewed Morgan Freeman and, like a retard, managed to include a derogatory term which refers to slave labour.

http://entertainme.excite.co.uk/news/9361/Put-a-Cotton-sock-in-it

What are Radio One doing with this silly little girl? Why on earth didnt they give it to Jo Whiley or Edith Bowman.

Comments

• Cola DrinkerCola Drinker Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Fearne Cotton interviewed Morgan Freeman and, like a retard, managed to include a derogatory term

The irony.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she should have just said Cotton as in the stuff inside my daft blonde head.
    Forum Member
    Fearne Cotton interviewed Morgan Freeman and, like a retard, managed to include a derogatory term which refers to slave labour.

http://entertainme.excite.co.uk/news/9361/Put-a-Cotton-sock-in-it

What are Radio One doing with this silly little girl? Why on earth didnt they give it to Jo Whiley or Edith Bowman.

Having read the article, it seems like a mistake anyone could have made. It was clearly not meant to cause offence and I don't think it did, well not major offense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there were severall complaints to R1 about it.

She is a lightweight idiot, who talks in hyperbole.
    Forum Member
    there were severall complaints to R1 about it.

She is a lightweight idiot, who talks in hyperbole.
    All presenters are only human, a guess a similar mistake could have been named by the presenters you named.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with that. Im not even keen on the Jo or Edith but they do have the experience to interview someone such as Morgan Freeman.

If you listened to the show, you would have realised she was clearly out of her depth and unable to engage properly.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman must have been totally bemused. It sounded like he was being interviewed by a hyperactive 10 year old.
    She has no gravitas at all and needs to stick to cosying up to Peaches Geldof and Paris Hilton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I don't think this is a big deal really, I heard it and it was just a simple slip up that most (including me) wouldn't even notice. God help her when the daily Mail gets hold of it though, off with her head!!

She drives me up the wall on radio, every link is about herself, normally saying how bad she looks because she hasn't put any make up on or how she rubbish at everything or has no life and sits in every night. We all know this is not the case. She's good on telly, could be good on radio but really needs to stop going on about herself all the ruddy time. I would have thought she'd have been pulled up about this by now as its been going on for quite a while.
  • BrainofMorbiusBrainofMorbius Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    On BBC Radio 1 this morning, Fearne Cotton described her surname to Morgan Freeman as " Cotton, as in 'Cotton picking' "

Carlsberg don't do radio presenters...:D
  • lilo3116lilo3116 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I like Fearne Cotton & her interviewing style :)
    She seems honest, vivacious and incredibly down to earth.
    I reckon she interviewed Morgan Freeman the same way we would probably do it, he may be a hollywood actor and all that goes with it, but he's human, just like us and should just be treated like everyone else on this planet.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch one of Fearne's ITV2 docs for her wide interviewing technique. The one with Peaches Geldof is rather painful!
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    I caught the end of the interview and thought how awful it must be to do an interview with someone like Morgan Freeman who was so uninterested he didnt have a clue about who was actually interviewing him.
    He seemed totally bemused by her name, which was why the poor girl had to spell it out for him.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I remember that awful interview with Peaches Geldolf too. Whilst Peaches was a pretentious airhead Fearne was just an airhead. All the hints about scientology from Peaches and then Fearne later in the interview said "that's a surprise" Charlie Brooker really laid into it on BBC4.