Options

Rovers to be rebuilt larger...

CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
Forum Member
✭✭
...to accommodate more living space upstairs. According to a "source". How, pray tell, are they going to do this? Lob an extension on top of Rosamund St? I thought this would be a good chance to address the issues of the space inside the pub and make them more sensible. Instead it seems we are going to get some kind of Weatherfields own Tardis. Obviously this could be rubbish.

Comments

• Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    ...to accommodate more living space upstairs. According to a "source". How, pray tell, are they going to do this? Lob an extension on top of Rosamund St? I thought this would be a good chance to address the issues of the space inside the pub and make them more sensible. Instead it seems we are going to get some kind of Weatherfields own Tardis. Obviously this could be rubbish.

Barlows are getting evicted, jasons just gonna knock down the walls to extend it:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barlows are getting evicted, jasons just gonna knock down the walls to extend it:D

It's only fair on Stella, after all. :D
  • Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    We've already seen an upstairs living room and kitchen. It was introduced by Kim Crowther then later forgotten about.

If the inside is set to expand ever more then I hope the new outdoor building at least looks like it could house it all. But this defeats past storylines where the pub always had 2 then later 3 bedrooms. Also it was only ever meant to be a grotty pub not some grand mansionette that's why Annie Walker looking down her nose at everyone was so ironic when really the pub was a dive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    We've already seen an upstairs living room and kitchen. It was introduced by Kim Crowther then later forgotten about.

I think that's because it was deemed to be completely ridiculously impossible to exist. :D
    Mind you I suppose the downstairs interior extends halfway to the medical Centre!
  • Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    What do Corrie care about continuity anyway? Annie leaving a pub she never owned to Betty in her will suggests not a lot. :D
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are adding one window to the upstairs of the exterior set.

That's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    What do Corrie care about continuity anyway? Annie leaving a pub she never owned to Betty in her will suggests not a lot. :D

I guess it's just a hit of an instead to viewers really, assumes we are all stupid and/or don't care. That his I feel about it anyway. I think no teeny boppers remember when soaps were meant to be more down to Earth/realistic and generally things were mainly kept within the realms if possibly. The Rovers is a long term anomaly however. That old function room extended to Burnley! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are adding one window to the upstairs of the exterior set.

That's it.

Not what the DS Article says.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Not what the DS Article says.

OK then.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll add the window and then have more scenes upstairs at the Rovers. The current Rovers interior doesn't need expanding at all. The only thing they could do is make the back room more realistic in matching up to the exterior. I think it would help and while they're about to change the exterior set they might as well do it.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    There were also reports that Stella would be replaced by Michelle as landlady which was completely untrue. The Rovers is a small back street pub and I don't believe the producers would plan to move away from that concept.