Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Maltesers advert...

There's a part in it where a woman puts two cupcakes with a malteser on them on her chest to represent boobs - really? REALLY?
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Still no news on Brian yet.

I've just seen the new one. I won't spoil for people wondering about Brian's fate.
  • Deirdre BarlowDeirdre Barlow Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I've just seen the new one. I won't spoil for people wondering about Brian's fate.

Please, tell me they scrapped him! Please!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MaltEaster

It's FEBRUARY so PISS OFF! >:(
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I can only assume that you have had a humourectomy because they are the two funniest adverts on TV

No, I haven't and I completely disagree with the bit in bold.

I've seen past adverts with much better sense of humor. Those adverts aren't even funny in the slightest!

I think they're the worst ones of the year so far. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Is that all you do in this thread have pathetic digs at contributers?

Anyway back on topic hate the cravendale advert, it's just so creepy like the bellend adverts for Elite Single sad sacks.

I agree why would anyone be getting angry at people giving their opinions on what they think are the worst adverts on tv, when the frigging thread is called WORST ADVERTS ON TV!!!
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I hate that one - it makes no sense at all. And Sharon Osbourne is so horrible.
    One can only wonder what kind of person dreams up these things - truly weird.
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Wonder how much she was paid for that brief appearance?
    Yes I wondered about that too - the guy does so much more work and bet he got paid a 100th of what she got
    piggypug wrote: »
    Money Supermarket - Cringeworthy and the guy's facial expressions make me want to punch him.

:D Sorry - but I have to say that I am quite fascinated (in a strange sort of way) by this ad. That is surely a prosthetic bum. :o But the guy is so OTT - I love it! :blush:
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can not stand the whitening toothpaste adverts!!!

Who is dumb enough to believe that Shakira got her bright white teeth from using that toothpaste!!!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MaltEaster

It's FEBRUARY so PISS OFF! >:(

To be fair, Easter is early this year!!! :D:D:D
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick to the back teeth of Kylie Minogue squawking out that "I believe in you" dirge for those NatWest ads!
    How many years have they been using that damn song? Give it a bloody rest already!
    >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Free... winner... BAGELS!!!!!!

On an equally dismal note, Brian the Robot has been saved from the scrapyard :(
  • Deirdre BarlowDeirdre Barlow Posts: 298
    Forum Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quorn advert: just speak clearly!
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    midds wrote: »
    Best laugh I've had for a while.
    Can we make year long saving schemes start just a couple weeks before they are due to end :D

People don't need 12 whole months to budget for Christmas- certainly, when
    I mentioned the Park ads to a group of friends, they said they didn't know
    anyone who started preparing for Christmas before the Autumn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is in two parts though!.:o (Since it has been spoiled)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Sick to the back teeth of Kylie Minogue squawking out that "I believe in you" dirge for those NatWest ads!
    How many years have they been using that damn song? Give it a bloody rest already!
    >:(

I agree. I have never been a fan of KMs voice or anything else to be honest.

She's no Kate Bush!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    He is in two parts though!.:o (Since it has been spoiled)
    Nothing that a bit of Pritt Stick wouldn't handle :D
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I have never been a fan of KMs voice or anything else to be honest.

She's no Kate Bush!.

The wonderful Kate Bush and the bloody awful Kylie should never be mentioned in the same sentence!
    :p
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    The wonderful Kate Bush and the bloody awful Kylie should never be mentioned in the same sentence!
    :p

Sign me up for the Kylie Minogue Disappreciating Society as well! >:(
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of worst commercials has that bas*ard from go compare been killed off?
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed there is now a Black person featured in virtually every single advert.

Please before you start the Backlash just hear me out.

Even Black people & Campaigners should agree, choosing people for parts in TV adverts purely because of their skin colour is RACIST.

and as the country`s population only consists of about 5% black people then they are also over represented.

Please i`m not racist and this is not a racist post. But surely this is unfair
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed there is now a Black person featured in virtually every single advert.

Please before you start the Backlash just hear me out.

Even Black people & Campaigners should agree, choosing people for parts in TV adverts purely because of their skin colour is RACIST.

and as the country`s population only consists of about 5% black people then they are also over represented.

Please i`m not racist and this is not a racist post. But surely this is unfair
    "I'm not racist, but...."

Your post reminds me of David Irving whining about too many black newsreaders
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can not stand the whitening toothpaste adverts!!!
    Not all of them are about using bleachl (plus or minus sand! Simple minty chalk dust always used to work just fine, what happened?).

One I saw last night apparently has some optical reflecto-thingies in it (like you have in the white strips of traffic cones and hi-vis vests) but the caption said something about 'temporary effect immediately after brushing', displayed for at least 0.667 seconds so you know the glare from a thousand mini cats eyes will be over soon enough.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm not racist, but...."

Your post reminds me of David Irving whining about too many black newsreaders

Do you have a response to my point or are you just putting the standard lefty reply in motion #puppet

Edit - and by the way, David Irving is correct
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Money Supermarket - the product of a diseased mind.

Anyone numpty enough to believe they actually get the best price from ANY of these comparison sites need only look at how much advertising they do, and what they must spend on it.

As well as having 2 cars in the household, I run another 4 in my business and I have never found the cheapest quote on any of them. We are now as obsessed with car insurance as Americans are with mattresses.
This discussion has been closed.