Who finds Victoria Derbyshire of 5live annoying?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
She grates she really does,shes biased ,opinionated and bolshy

Comments

• soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that for every person who defends her you will find 10 who feel exactly like you do. Appalling presenter.
  • FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. You missed out patronising as well.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

And what qualities would you suggest for a talk radio presenter on a populist station? Of course she's opinionated! One of the key points about a talk station is that, sometimes, you should be disagreeing with the presenter. They shouldn't always play it safe.

As for biased, perhaps you'd care to substantiate those allegations against the BBC Editorial Guidelines with examples?

Sorry if that sounds like too much homework, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It could've been worse, anand or glover would have been unlistenable for me, terrible pair. However VD's there for the long term it seems. :(
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    I use to find her a bad presenter but over the past year, she has actually improved. I don't know why but she seems to have evolved into a much better presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    I think that for every person who defends her you will find 10 who feel exactly like you do. Appalling presenter.

If you have appalling subject matter you are going to get tarnished by it. That said I cannot listen to her, nor for that matter any of the others.
    Its too painful hearing people phoning in sparring with each other over who can make the most inane contribution.
    What has any discussion on 5 live ever achieved?

A big fat ZERO.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Who finds Victoria Derbyshire of 5Live annoying?

Fi Glover
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who finds Victoria Derbyshire of 5Live annoying?

Fi Glover

That thought puts a smile on my face. Unlike listening to Vic's show. Admittedly since it was trimmed to 2 hours it has improved but at the end of the day you've still got VD.
  • Phil AnderPhil Ander Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she gave Adrian Van Whatsit a hard time this morning particularly over his decision not to move his family to Salford.

I think Victoria has improved since the show went down to 2 hours. There seems to be a better focus these days.
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    She's hardly ever there to present her show anyway, with no reasons ever given for her absence. I'm not aware of any other radio presenter being absent so often from their own show.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Steve Wright
    Chris Evans
    Sarah Kennedy...
  • Phil AnderPhil Ander Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS I thought she handled the Election Debates/Discussions very well.
  • slimjimslimjim Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Vic is an awful broadcaster, banal and often out of her depth.

I particularly remember one interview a few years ago in which her interviewee said something critical of the Labour Party. "Says you!", she replied.
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    She's hardly ever there to present her show anyway, with no reasons ever given for her absence. I'm not aware of any other radio presenter being absent so often from their own show.
    Not as absent as Gabby Logan, who appears for short periods then disappears for longer ones. Each time a bank holiday comes around she's off for another 2 weeks. Does this bint get paid for all the time off she takes? And why not replace either Logan or Derbyshire with Rachel Burden, who covers for them and is a much better presenter than either of them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I know it's subjective, but I find Victoria excellent (a far better listen for me than Nolan, Livesey or Bacon).

She certainly put the 5Live boss on the spot this morning about whether he had been honest at his interview for the job about not moving to Manchester. And guess what, despite being pressed, he failed to give a straight answer.

I think she's an excellent presenter and journalist.

By the way, she's on telly with Lorraine in the morning, reviewing the morning papers.

Phil
  • streaky-baconstreaky-bacon Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    The 'sob story' hour can sometimes be cringe worthy and also when she interviews rappers or her music review sometimes feel wrong. But overall she is one of the better presenters on Five live. She pushed Adrian Van Klaveren probably as far as she could get away with today and he did seem genuinely uncomfortable with some of the questions.
  • slimjimslimjim Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Vic is a bit like listening to a random housewife dragged into a radio studio from LIDL or ALDI to interview people and comment on the news.
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'sob story' hour can sometimes be cringe worthy and also when she interviews rappers or her music review sometimes feel wrong. But overall she is one of the better presenters on Five live. She pushed Adrian Van Klaveren probably as far as she could get away with today and he did seem genuinely uncomfortable with some of the questions.
    She can get away with it, as well as taking plenty of time off, (which she often does) as she's been flinging it with a top BBC exec for some years. As long as that situation continues her job is safe regardless. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kay Burley of radio - awful presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I love her sexy voice.