Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarloJo wrote: »
    Yes!

And hopping across to Norway, Bombo's won me over - I'm a fan of Ina Wroldsen's work, so will say it's down to the songwriting...! Poor Adelén looks so lost, without even starting on the vocals, but it's strangely endearing. Still, hoping for a Margaret Berger win, although I found the song to be a grower which might not be right for Eurovision... Should be interesting either way :D

I've really grown to love Margaret Berger's song over the last couple of days. It didn't grab me on first listen but it really is a quality piece of music.
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    It sounds like a good time for a (maybe pointless) Norway chart update

Adelen is holding firm at 0.66, Margaret Berger's sales have fell away since last night, she's down to 0.27 (from I think 0.34) just ahead of Sirus Eliassen who are selling at 0.21. I can't spot any of the other finalists in the top 100 so I think it's between the three of them now.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    No, that one is Song 5 "Kiss Me" now sung by Kasey, who was hired within the last ten days.

That makes sense. Kiss Me doesn't suit Kasey's voice at all...sounds like it is in the wrong key for her.
    I'd love to hear Melanie's version:(
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    That makes sense. Kiss Me doesn't suit Kasey's voice at all...sounds like it is in the wrong key for her.
    I'd love to hear Melanie's version:(

Melanie actually recorded the song and it was ready to go but then she withdrew at almost the last moment.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listened to MelFest clips. The Housewives sounds brilliant:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my top of the the Irish entries...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoOwl1fM2s&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone saying how fab the Housewives are do realise that there's absolutely zero chance of them making the final don't they? Maybe Andra Chansen at a push.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding Bombo, am I the only one who doesn't think the vocals are as awful as everyone is making out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone saying how fab the Housewives are do realise that there's absolutely zero chance of them making the final don't they? Maybe Andra Chansen at a push.

Since when has being good meant doing well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when has being good meant doing well?

It doesn't. I'm just trying to stop you all getting your hopes up too much as I don't want mass suicides when they don't qualify. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't. I'm just trying to stop you all getting your hopes up too much as I don't want mass suicides when they don't qualify. :p

Banan is a certainty but I think they might do it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Actually, Sean's drifted out to third in most of the betting. Current favourite is Anton Ewald, then Joacim Cans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Started on H15. Loved BEL 87, and was sure it would get 12 p, but already found a song I like better. A song that is in my top 10 all time...

Voting has been very slow this week so far. As for Soldiers of Love, I have been a huge fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Actually, Sean's drifted out to third in most of the betting. Current favourite is Anton Ewald, then Joacim Cans.

I have a feeling Anton may do a Youngblood and only make second chance. It has that sort of vibe to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes :(
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Adelen looked a little lost, she's very young isn't she (?). If she does win, i'm sure she will improve, she has a very catchy song that has the potential to be a summer smash
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im dissapointed with the level of the second swedish semi, i only like anton ewald :o
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding Bombo, am I the only one who doesn't think the vocals are as awful as everyone is making out?
    Some bits are badly sung I guess but for some reason it just makes it sound better to me! The song needs to have a bit of a whiney vocal during the chorus really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great selection of Irish songs.

Son Kez - Nice to see Ireland try something different with the Turkish and Gaelic music influences but the songwords are not nearly good enough and let it down.

Crashing down- Terrific ballad and if her voice on the live stage is up to standard then this will win as the other upbeat songs might cancel each other out.

Fire - I love the beat and it is very current with a David Guetta style production, Mark Mccabe certainly understands dance music.

Only love survives - On first hearing I was not so impressed but listened again and it has hooked me. It actually sounds like something The Wanted would record.

Kiss me - Extremely catchy, I liked the first minute or so but I don't think it goes anywhere which is the disappointing part.

Well done RTE. I wouldn' t mind four out of the five representing Ireland this year. Just a pity some very good songs will be left behind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RogerMilla wrote: »
    What a great selection of Irish songs.

Son Kez - Nice to see Ireland try something different with the Turkish and Gaelic music influences but the songwords are not nearly good enough and let it down.

Crashing down- Terrific ballad and if her voice on the live stage is up to standard then this will win as the other upbeat songs might cancel each other out.

Fire - I love the beat and it is very current with a David Guetta style production, Mark Mccabe certainly understands dance music.

Only love survives - On first hearing I was not so impressed but listened again and it has hooked me. It actually sounds like something The Wanted would record.

Kiss me - Extremely catchy, I liked the first minute or so but I don't think it goes anywhere which is the disappointing part.

Well done RTE. I wouldn' t mind four out of the five representing Ireland this year. Just a pity some very good songs will be left behind.

Agree that the three uptempo songs in a row might cancel each other out and allow Aimee's ballad through. She sounds like the best vocalist in the competition but perhaps one of the others will surprise us on the night.

It's definitely a strong NF. I could see Crashing Down, Fire or Only Love Survives qualifying comfortably from the semi final in Malmo.
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Sweden -- pants this week...the only one I like is the eric segerstedt one but that's prob. because I've just watched Nashville...

Sean Banaan one trick pony -- unimpressed (and I wanted him to win last year -- well 2nd behind Mirakel :o;))...

Swedish House Wives -- compared to the other upbeat songs last week -- not a patch on them!

Am off to listen to Ireland
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    This week, I shall mainly be supporting Tone Damli. Because she's Tone Damli.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time Ireland was offered an Irish Language song to vote for?
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Ireland -- Kiss me there is my fave ... followed by Dolan -- but will have to see how both of them perform...(if they can't hit the notes then it will have to be AImee over either of them!)

Aimee has prob the best chance of qualifying to the final...it's the more accomplished song...even though I prefer kiss me there...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    When was the last time Ireland was offered an Irish Language song to vote for?

Last one to contain Irish lyrics was Out Of Control by Laura Jayne Hunter in 2009 (opening few lines were in Irish).

The last one fully in Irish I believe was An Bon Bon Car in 1999.
This discussion has been closed.