The Face

haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody watching this?
It looks like a hybrid between Next Top Model and the X factor so far.

Comments

• VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Anybody watching this?
    It looks like a hybrid between Next Top Model and the X factor so far.

I watched the US version months ago and heard they are doing a UK version but i have no idea when. Thanks for reminding me though. :)
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the first episode! The format's a good twist on next top model which is beginning to feel as though it's just going through the motions now. And it's fun seeing Naomi Campbell on her best behaviour, wonder how long that'll last :p

Hope it stays as good :)
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first episode. It seems fresher than the last season of 'Next Top Model'.

The panel are interesting, you can see Naomi is reigning in her feistiness at the moment but she is more likeable so far than I thought she would be. Erin seems to have the best 'people' skills out of the three.

The bit where they were trying not to laugh at one model's strange walk was funny.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I really enjoyed it and agree it did seem more fresher than Britain NTM which the last series I felt lost the plot somewhat.

Very interesting to have 3 supermodels as the mentors and Ms Campbell did come over very well in the first ep. the girls too seem to have some very good potential already.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I think I have taken a dislike to Emma already, the one who was moaning about Chloe. I think Chloe is one of the ones I will probably be rooting for. She has an interesting look and a good personality. I do not see anything special about Emma. She isn't striking looking, or pretty and comes across as having a nasty personality in opinion.

I did feel bad for the blonde mentor, because most of the girls did not pick her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wasn't into the first episode, I'll watch it and see if I can but it just seemed so bleugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Naomi:
    Racquel is a striking looking woman but nowhere near as pretty as Naomi.
    Emma came across as a bit bitchy but she has an interesting look.
    Chloe Jasmine, pretty face but her figure isn't the best, comes across as very attention seeking.
    Jessica - she's a bit short, not sure about her yet.

Team Erin:
    Eliane - doesn't do it for me. Her lips are a bit too big.
    Sienna - a real contender, she has a lovely face.
    Natalie - the most memorable of all of them, really beautiful.
    Nina (with the brown hair) - she's OK looking.

Team Caroline:
    Brooke - doesn't do it for me.
    Elaenor - pretty but not outstanding
    Nina (the Swedish model) - she's a very pretty girl
    Nadine - like her looks too.

Despite the fact that Naomi finished collecting a team first I don't think her team is the strongest. They were the most memorable in terms of personality though.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it although I think Naomi's pretend calm will not last. She won't be able to suppress her notorious diva bad temper :D

Wonderful to see Erin, who I think is fabulous, clever and very likeable.

The third one is a bit stupid, beautiful of course, but meh.
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Erin too, she's all you say Sofakat :)

Loved the second episode but the elimination showed up the potential fatal flaw of the show, that Max Factor could end up with the worst of the 12 as their face, if the mentors eliminate based on who's the biggest competition instead of who deserves to go.

But my god, entertaining tv! And if I were a young girl dreaming of being a model I think I'd learn a huge amount from this show. I've been a great fan of NTM for a long time, but this is much more engaging than the last few series have been. Loving it :)
  • VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Found the first episode boring - usually find the selection process boring in ANTM too, so hopefully the next one will pick up.
  • japarajapara Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like this programme so far but hated the pettiness shown in elimination. Naomi miscalculated who to put up for elimination although I can see her reasoning that the blonde mentor (name?) had rated the girl but I hated the fact that the mentor could be so spiteful. "I always get my revenge"!!!
    These are young girls careers they are messing with. I know that this is a TV show for entertainment but the training and experience is very important to these girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its very watchable as a gameshow type senierio with the eviction but it is peoples careers they are messing or potential careers should I say, getting rid of strong girls cause they are competition seems a bit petty. Think they should of re-thought this and have someone in the fashion industry, some un-biased third party person to choose out of the two girls. Or put a phonevote lol and let us mess with their careers, nah that probably wouldn't work either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    I quite like this programme so far but hated the pettiness shown in elimination. Naomi miscalculated who to put up for elimination although I can see her reasoning that the blonde mentor (Caroline) had rated the girl but I hated the fact that the mentor could be so spiteful. "I always get my revenge"!!!
    These are young girls careers they are messing with. I know that this is a TV show for entertainment but the training and experience is very important to these girls.

This is the flaw in the programme although it makes for more exciting viewing than NTM. Jess thought she was safe and Caroline sent her home, I must admit that I was surprised especially given that the competition was the Elliane who is very poor in my view.

The danger with this format is that we will end up with the worst girl winning!
    I think most of the girls will be given guidance and signed up to agencies so 'winning the show' (or not) is probably not going to affect their careers too much.

I don't like Natalie's hair brown, she stood out much more as a blonde.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying this so far but I'm not liking the format of the show. Ok, so its a 'competition', but I'd rather lose the team 'blah, blah, blah' aspect and see the three International 'supermodels' collaborate and use their collective abilities and experience to equally mentor each one of them and aim to bring out the best in whoever amongst these girls really does potentially have the ability to be their natural successor.

Maybe it would be too ATNM like but I'd rather see a format where the mentors equally teach each girl their respective skills or strengths each week as appropriate. And then collaboratively decide which girl was the weakest and eliminate her. I don't like the voting against each other, its too X-Factor like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gobsmacked about Natalie being sent home this week as he was one of the prettiest girls IMO. Why on earth was Chloe saved? My guess is that Caroline couldn't face the wrath of Naomi again.

I love the way Naomi make her girls take notes, I find her very amusing :D You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her that's for sure!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I was gobsmacked about Natalie being sent home this week as he was one of the prettiest girls IMO. Why on earth was Chloe saved? My guess is that Caroline couldn't face the wrath of Naomi again.

I love the way Naomi make her girls take notes, I find her very amusing :D You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her that's for sure!

Agree. Chloe is ghastly. What a diva and so deluded :eek: I like the tasks but I think the 'judging' format is seriously flawed. It's just silly to allow the process to become a one upmanship battles between the mentors.

Caroline sent Natalie home because she's competition and dingbat Chloe isn't.

I suspect they have already chosen two who could win so the eliminations are just a 'tension' part of the show designed for entertainment only.

Erin rocks. She is everything I thought she would be, being a heck of a lot more intelligent than either of her rivals. Naomi is so fake it's hilarious! Hardly surprising that she gets through men like used tissues! They all dump her

My favourite model is Racquel. She is amazing and funny. An absolute knock out. Shame she's with Naomi's team :-(
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I did not like the voting format, so did not watch the rest after second episode.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's just madness when you get rid of a girl like Natalie, who yeah was nervous on her first ever catwalk but the girl clearly has huge potential to be a top model, hope she still makes it.

Stupid way of geting rid of them as all the competition to the other teams will go, clearly how Caroline is thinking with this, can't blame her either. This is why it is the wrong format, this has the potential to be better that NTM but falling flat with this format in my opinion.

I like the dynamics of the judges though, you got Erin the nice, wise and fair one, Caroline, the gorgeous competitive one and Naomi the feisty catty one who thinks you have to be unlikable and selfish to get to the top, surely Erin is a great example you don't.

Chloe is over the top I agree but she does have a nice personality and I find her interesting if I'm honest, not sure she is a model but she does have bags of personality.
  • JelakinsJelakins Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Agree. Chloe is ghastly. What a diva and so deluded :eek: I like the tasks but I think the 'judging' format is seriously flawed. It's just silly to allow the process to become a one upmanship battles between the mentors.

Caroline sent Natalie home because she's competition and dingbat Chloe isn't.

I suspect they have already chosen two who could win so the eliminations are just a 'tension' part of the show designed for entertainment only.

Erin rocks. She is everything I thought she would be, being a heck of a lot more intelligent than either of her rivals. Naomi is so fake it's hilarious! Hardly surprising that she gets through men like used tissues! They all dump her

My favourite model is Racquel. She is amazing and funny. An absolute knock out. Shame she's with Naomi's team :-(

I love Racquel!! not just because she is stunning but because she understands the ethic and what Naomi is trying to achieve!!

So glad Chloe left today! Her voice annoyed the hell out of me and she really expected Racquel to come to her when she blatantly was more interested in being with the other groups - Emma had her completely in control!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame Chloe has now left as she did have more personality than some of the others, she certainly made sure that she was the one you looked at in the group shots.

Naomi's hissy fit at the end of the episode was comedy gold :D

I think my current favourite is now Nadine out the girls left but I like the way Caroline keeps winning. You can be sure that if she loses next week one of her girls will automatically get the chop though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad Chloe is out. She was so fake and her voice grated on my nerves.

Apologies to those who liked her but we are bound to like some and not others.

Naomi's true diva nature is coming out. I knew she couldn't pretend to be nice for long. She's cow, a beautiful cow, but a cow! :D Worst team leader ever!

Finding Caroline a bit vapid and smug, but Erin just gets better and better. She's stunning to look at but a bit dim.

Still rooting for Raquel but she's having such a hard time with that other sulky blonde bitch Emma that I am worried about her.

Admit I am kind of disappointed with this show. It looks gorgeous, the clothes are to die for and I love the sense of London that you get, but it's all a bit contrived :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jelakins wrote: »
    I love Racquel!! not just because she is stunning but because she understands the ethic and what Naomi is trying to achieve!!

So glad Chloe left today! Her voice annoyed the hell out of me and she really expected Racquel to come to her when she blatantly was more interested in being with the other groups - Emma had her completely in control!

Totally. You and me both! :D
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Just watched Show #2 (I'm a bit behind).

LOVE the reminder of what a psychopath Naomi is.

Note that Naomi purposefully put up a girl she knew wasn't the worst in hopes it would mean she wouldn't go, and THEN turned around and pointed a finger at Erin accusing her of doing the same thing (while not admitting its what she did). Doubly funny because in context its not so clear if Erin really DID think she was a girl unlikely to go, whereas Naomi really WAS banking on that with her girl.

This is classic cutthroat twofaced Naomi. On the US version of The Face she did the same kind of thing. Furthermore, in the US one the "mentoring" challenges had winners picked and Naomi abused that too.

I have one more to watch, but going forward for the whole series rest assured that Naomi will continue to play dirty. Its especially hilarious that even when she produces a show and another person might go out of their way to not appear biased, this is not the case with Naomi. She literally doesn't care. Or rather she does care, but only in the way and with the depth that a petulant child does--she didn't get her way in an attempted manipulation, so for her the next manipulation in line is to try and make someone else "the bad guy" for exactly what she failed at.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst Naomi is obviously a difficult customer, I'm sure she's playing up to it for the show. I'm sure she probably doesn't care about her team, but all of that door slamming and stomping off was clearly just for drama.

The format of the show is flawed. It also makes no sense for people to plead that it's not fair to them. Of course a team could lose two girls in two consecutive weeks - that's likely to happen. It's got nothing to do with fairness. Do they expect the winning mentor to alternate between teams to pick losing girls, for the sake of it being 'fair'? Then that makes a mockery of them picking someone at all. Hence Naomi's outbursts being just for show - if it wasn't fair they wouldn't use that format.

Also it's clearly a contrived format... because they're hardly going to vote out all of Naomi's team in the first 4 weeks and leave her without any models are they? So expect a turnaround of events and she will start winning tasks soon. In addition they'll have to ensure there are reps from each team who make it to the final. So it's all a bit set up IMO, they've probably planned out exactly how it will go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say though Caroline was amazing doing that jumping modelling, really stunning she is, seems to get more beautiful the more you see of her.