Options

Fantastic Four (2015)

13»

Comments

• Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't get Iron Man's origin story in 'The Avengers'.

It was in Iron Man 1.

But like they changed the actor who played Bruce Banner and the look of the Hulk, it didn't matter that we didn't get am origin story for the Hulk.

Movie audiences should be evolved enough to get straight on with the story and know that a new actor doesn't necessarily mean a continuation of the same series of film but can also be a reboot.

Let's not have the same story told again and again. Except where film technology has advanced enough to make the difference worth it.

From the FF trailer I see nothing new that adds to the story in terms of their origin.

But it's not about making an origin film for the sake of wanting to familiarise audiences with the characters, it's about getting it right. At least that's what I hope the intention of the producers is for this reboot. The 2005 film was awful and I don't see why someone shouldn't be allowed a go to get the origin story right with proper characterisation. If this reboot tanks, it won't be so much that it is a reboot that it is a plain bad film.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    You'd give TASM2 an 8/10. Oh that's high. I'd have to drop a point or two off that score. TASM1 was really good but the second was a bit of a mess.

I don't mind the fact this is a reboot. The originals were poor enough so I look forward to this. Could be good, could be horsesh1t. Who knows.

sony interefered alot apaprently but i still really enjoyed it as spiderman was cocky and funny. garfield is alot better than maguire in the role.

also the gwen stacey moment was unspoiled for me completly, i was shocked and it really made the film for me.

electro was better than i was expecting and i love the actor who plays green goblin even if his make up looked abit hokey.

will be a shame if we dont get TASM3 or if garfield is recast for a marvel studios movie.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Its ridiculous having johnny storm played by a black actor.the human torch is WHITE not black.typical politicly correct tinkering with established facts.I bet they would never have white actors play power man,black panther,the falcon,etc.

YAAAAAAAWN. Another comment by a small-minded person. Does it REALLY matter? Its fiction.

All your comment says is that YOU aren't evolved enough to see that it's a story that matters. That's a little sad that you're so set in your ways as to think of a character as being a particular race. Characters have changed genders and races over the past two decades and they've all been hugely interesting and positive changes.

So, how about we learn to be a bit more open minded and be a little more flexible. Especially about our fantasy characters.

Edit: Black characters certainly need to be more prevalent in the movie scene (as there's still a HELL of a lot of racism out there), but I do agree that on occasion a change of race is done purely for PC reasons - but in 90% of the cases, there sure ain't nothing wrong with that :)

Personally, I'd love to see the hideous outcry if someone made Thor or Superman gay. You'd be able to hear the geek cries of OUTRAGE from Uranus!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol jonny storm is white....no hes a comic book character

and comic books have many different universes and dimensions,in this telling of the story he is black.

i have no issue with it, they are step siblings, does not change the storyline. just give it a different dynamic,

also be good for children who are not white to have heroes that are similar to them i would imagine.

now time for those indian super heroes marvel :)