Options

Thomson PVR3 - "technical fault with this channel" message

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
Forum Member
I recently bought a TV from Currys and got offered a "free" Sky+ box (with free installation!) to go with the one I already had (Pace PVR2). I have multiroom so the Pace went upstairs and the new Thomson in the lounge as it's got a bigger HDD. Its model 4E2110, epg 4.20.a. Ever since the install the Thomson always displays "there is a technical fault with this channel" when coming on from standby, and the picture takes a while to appear. The pace is and always has been fine. Should I be worried? Or is this normal? Everything else seems fine - in fact the picture quality and quietness are much better than the pace, so I'm very happy with it overall. Just a niggling doubt with the issues some people have had with Thomsons.....

Comments

• Options
    DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same box. and yes it does happen, i was going to post about it, i think it is just the harddrive booting up. but with my pace pvr3 its fine. It doesnt bother me after a second it come up
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Thomson box is the same. Like Dickibobboy said, it's just the box waiting for the HDD to boot up before it displays a picture. Should be nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    All Thomsons with versions 4E2108-10 are faulty. It is part of a whole batch of faulty boxes. The 2102-2107 models are fine, so get Sky out, and make sure you get an earlier revision. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Thanks folks. Bit nervous about what you said, Digitalsatman, as I thought I'd read here that model numbers 4E2108-9 were faulty and 10 was OK... Maybe I need to re-read the thread though! Only had it a week, so I'll reserve judgement for now and give it some time to bed in. Like I said, that's the only issue - so far - and I think I can cope with it. The installer also replaced my dish and LNB as he said the old ones were exactly that - old, so that might have helped my pic I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Ringing sky and asking for an older box that has to be a first well an earlier version then they may say ok we will send you an amstrad there is a bad batch of those to isnt there.