Options

Thousands of Chinese pills filled with powdered human baby flesh discovered....

2»

Comments

• Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Reminds me of that fake 'Chinese baby soup' story that did the rounds a few years back.

There was nothing fake about that. I saw the pictures, and interviews :eek:
  • Options
    QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But as such a (admittedly disgusting) practice goes on in China, but not in the UK, what are we meant to do about it?.

So newspapers should only report on UK stories because there is nothing we can do about bad things happening abroad?!

Who is asking you to do anything? Did the Daily Mail say that when they wrote this article? Did i say that something must be done in my OP? :confused::confused:

This is from a newspaper... granted the DM don't often report newsworthy stories but its to inform the people. They aren't asking for action!!

You must really hate looking at newspapers, looking at every story in the World News section saying to yourself, BUT WHAT ARE WE MEANT TO DO ABOUT IT!? :p
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    There was nothing fake about that. I saw the pictures, and interviews :eek:
    It was from a concept art project and has been proved to be fake, as I found out on the first page of results on Google. :) No offence but do you believe there are such things as Bonzai Kittens too? :p
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How reassuring that China is going to become the governing force on the planet...

Yes it was definitely the government and not a few very sick individuals, if it happened at all which it probably didn't. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    So newspapers should only report on UK stories because there is nothing we can do about bad things happening abroad?!

Who is asking you to do anything? Did the Daily Mail say that when they wrote this article? Did i say that something must be done in my OP? :confused::confused:

This is from a newspaper... granted the DM don't often report newsworthy stories but its to inform the people. They aren't asking for action!!

You must really hate looking at newspapers, looking at every story in the World News section saying to yourself, BUT WHAT ARE WE MEANT TO DO ABOUT IT!? :p

How on Earth did you get all that from what I said?.

I asked what we are meant to do about it, other than be outraged at it. I thought it a valid question, just what would you like us to do about it?. You seem to be more outraged at what I posted than what is reported. Why not actually do something, write to the Prime Minister, or even better, the Chinese Embassy in London about it.

Point out where I said newspapers should only report from the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on Earth did you get all that from what I said?.

I asked what we are meant to do about it, other than be outraged at it. I thought it a valid question, just what would you like us to do about it?. You seem to be more outraged at what I posted than what is reported. Why not actually do something, write to the Prime Minister, or even better, the Chinese Embassy in London about it.

Point out where I said newspapers should only report from the UK.

I asked what we are meant to do about it, other than be outraged at it. I thought it a valid question, just what would you like us to do about it?. .

I didn't realise posting a link to an interesting [albeit horrible] article in a newspaper would constitute starting a moral crusade. :rolleyes:

I don't know, do what you like about it! Or don't do anything about it. The daily mail isnt calling for action, it's being outraged, that's what it does, it's giving you some information to do with as you wish.

Here's a suggestion, write to Dave Cam about how bad it is, see what he thinks, ask him what we should do. Here's another suggestion: read it and think, 'urgh gross, never knew that was happening in China / South Korea.' Maybe do that instead. ok, problem solved. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duplicate
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    This is disgusting :mad:
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    That has got to be the disturbing name for a thread so far this year, it gave the shakes :eek:.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Soylent Green is 10 years away.

Seriously though OP, apart from outrage, WTF are we supposed to do? :confused:

I suppose it could be argued that exposing stuff like this (assuming it's real) could help end it.

I mean, I wonder if anybody would actually stand up and say "Yeah, I take baby-pills cos it helps with my blood pressure" or whatever?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I suppose it could be argued that exposing stuff like this (assuming it's real) could help end it.

I mean, I wonder if anybody would actually stand up and say "Yeah, I take baby-pills cos it helps with my blood pressure" or whatever?

One would hope so.

There's various clinics set up that offer "alternative" chinese medicine. It can only be good that stuff like this is exposed to the general public.

Not sure why people have got such a downer on the OP.
    There's been stories before now about the use of endangered species in chinese and other medicines, tiger bones, rhino horns ect.
  • Options
    springtimeloverspringtimelover Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One would hope so.

There's various clinics set up that offer "alternative" chinese medicine. It can only be good that stuff like this is exposed to the general public.

There's been stories before now about the use of endangered species in chinese and other medicines, tiger bones, rhino horns ect.

I think the reason someone was having a go at the OP, is its one of those things that shocks you to the core but there is nothing you can do and feel powerless ... bit like if you were in a aeroplane taking off, looking down at the coast line and see a shark going after a child.

There is nothing you can do and you just wish you had not looked out the window. :o
  • Options
    BK.BK. Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely one of the most disgusting things I've ever read!
  • Options
    maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if the pills do contain ground up human remains, how do they know that they are ground up babies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Just a thought but is this really any worse than the men standing at the side of the road skinning the dogs alive in South Korea?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are these included in the holland and barret penny sale? thanks
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found it odd that Chinese people believe in such peculiar things: so-called aphrodisiacs, ghosts, dodgy medicines.
    They seem to be incredibly superstitious. Maybe that's why they are so fond of gambling.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    It's the Daily Mail so it probably isn't true.

What a moronic statement. I guess it's probably not true because the bbc posted the article either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17980177
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One would hope so.

I just thought it was an article that needed to be shared, if only for the OMG factor!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is this any different from blood transfusions or organ transplants?
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like they watched this, and took it seriously.
  • Options
    springtimeloverspringtimelover Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoopyDog wrote: »
    How is this any different from blood transfusions or organ transplants?

:confused: hmmm :confused:
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It was from a concept art project and has been proved to be fake, as I found out on the first page of results on Google. :) No offence but do you believe there are such things as Bonzai Kittens too? :p

They sure like their disturbing art projects.

Sorry but I do believe that was a true story and sadly this one probably is too.