Options

SUITS - season 2 (US pace)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG Can't believe that Hardman planted the papers that got Donna fired.
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched on way to work, I love this series, I find it well written and the characterisation is really well done - Louis is one of my favourite characters, so many sides to him and all he wants is to 'sit at the cool table' with Mike and Harvey, yet he knows internally that no matter how much he may want it, he really doesn't deserve it, everytime somebody comes close to discovering he is no where near the asshole he would have you believe, he does something to reaffirm their lowly opinion of him

I love the fact that they continually use both tv and film references - loved the line about the pretzels (only because it's almost a mantra in Haversham Towers!, together with 'yes they're real and they're spectacular!)
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Louis' "I always pay my debts. I'm a Lannister" speech.
    He'd fit right into "Game of Thrones" if Aiden Gillen hadn't got there first.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good start to the 2nd part of Season 2.

Although there was a lot of back stabbing going on and moral ambiguity, which I know is one of the main themes of the show.

I do wish they wouldn't have so much dope smoking though. It isn't big and it isn't clever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    A good start to the 2nd part of Season 2.

Although there was a lot of back stabbing going on and moral ambiguity, which I know is one of the main themes of the show.

I do wish they wouldn't have so much dope smoking though. It isn't big and it isn't clever.
    I have no issue with weed (I'm a Judd Apatow fan) but I was surprised at how much there was towards the end of the first half of season 2. I'd be surprised if it got a 12 again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with weed (I'm a Judd Apatow fan) but I was surprised at how much there was towards the end of the first half of season 2. I'd be surprised if it got a 12 again...

Well you have the hypocrisy of Mike not liking the fact that the rich kid had smoked dope while driving, but also he hasn't passed the bar so all his cases will be thrown out if he is found out, plus he was sleeping with a married woman, and then breaking privilege.

It was all a mess, morally, and was just Mike let alone the other characters.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whiny Hypocritical Mike...

Hope there's less of that on Thursday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »

Yes that wasn't very good. Seemed like a character change due to bad writing.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    comedyfish wrote: »

That really annoyed me too. Glad Harvey put him in his place. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harvey was a bit aggressive this week, wasn't he? Unlikeable at times. He REALLY hates to lose. I love how dynamic and three-dimensional the characters are in this show. Last week I was rooting for him and this week I felt more for Mike and Louis.

I found it funny that Jessica's heart-to-heart with Louis wasn't the overriding factor in persuading to stay, instead it was Mike getting beaten up. :D Rachel was pretty cold to Mike at the end, will they get back together?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good episode this week, some good humour in it, especially loved all the stuff with Louis and the posters on the walls.

Less whiney Mike made a difference. Donna continues to make the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good episode. I loved the mini-war between Louis and Katrina. :D Was good to see Rachel get a half-decent storyline of her own.

Next week is looking like it might be a great episode, judging by the preview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of Louis in this episode which is always good to see.
    Given that Rick Hoffmann and David Costabile have played some of the most obnoxious characters in TV history, I wonder if they ever go out in daylight?:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis is brilliant "You must have accidentally somehow gotten the file of pictures of me photoshopped as various American presidents"

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/suits/features/president/

She got Litt up! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still watching the latest episode but just wanted to say. Donna, you go girl. Loved the slaps, and my is she sexy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another good episode. There was nothing really shocking or new in this ep, we knew Hardman would return, but the acting and the writing is so good that it doesn't matter.

Donna was awesome! Hardman is a brilliantly loathsome creature. Louis was excellent in the lift scene. Rick Hoffman does comical and sinister both so well.

Only two episodes left. :(
  • Options
    flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more i watch the more i love the show. It was only by accident i started to watchit in the first place.. now never miss a show. all the characters includeing the rockweiler (think yu know who i mean)are superb. the red headed secretary is great.. she is an excellent support actress for the team of actors. The head of the firm (female) is lovely great actress too. wow does she wear some great clothes.
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching this and have been really impressed. It has a stripped down quality about it rather than the overproduced US Network TV shows, i think its a budget thing but to compensate for this they spent more time on plot and acting and its worked out really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor Rachel. :( That was sweet of Louis to let her think it was about him and Sheila, so she doesn't blame herself. I wonder how she'll cope though, knowing she can't go to Harvard.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Katrina Bennett. She's just annoying. The less screentime she gets, the better.

It was fun to see Hardman struck down again. :D Another strong episode that sets up the season finale nicely. Will this merger happen? Who's going to get their name on the door? I'm glad it's coming back for a third season. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, what an ending to the season! Loved it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much as I love this show, the finale seemed like total gibberish and almost impossible to follow.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    Much as I love this show, the finale seemed like total gibberish and almost impossible to follow.:confused:

I was a little confused as to who was back stabbing whom.

I'm not keen on when Harvey and Jessica fight, and certainly don't know who really won that fight.

Also wasn't keen on Mike going against Harvey again. It doesn't feel right.

There's always Donna though.

What is it with the Americans and Downton Abbey? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought the finale was one of the weaker episodes in season 2. The narrative seemed all over the place to me.

Watching Jessica stomp all over Harvey seemed both unrealistic and unenjoyable, what with her developing a sudden urge to annihilate him. She's deceitful, hateful, and egomaniacal. I quite like Darby though. Harvey was too emotionally motivated, and obviously made mistakes because of this. Seeing him and Mike battered and bruised at the end wasn't nice.

Oh well, at least Mike got the girl in the end, although we ALWAYS knew that was going to happen. Plenty to look forward to in Season 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »

Here it explained on another forum i go to.

Jessica wanted to merge with Darby's firm, but Harvey didn't want that because he didn't want his firm being diluted as well as further put off his imminent upgrade to his "name on the door".

So Harvey sued 3 of Darby's clients and placed a bet with him: if Harvey wins those cases, they won't merge. Jessica said fine, but if Darby wins, Harvey has to stay at the (newly merged) firm, extend his non-compete, and this time earn his way to his name on the door.

When Dana gave Mike a file that would help Harvey win the cases, Jessica threatened Mike with jail and told him to keep the file away (so that Darby would win the cases and Jessica would get her merger). Mike did so, thereby betraying Harvey. But Mike thought that this would only cause a merger, he didn't know that Harvey wouldn't get his name on the door now.

So Harvey got mad and fired Mike, which of course Jessica immediately undid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ataraxia wrote: »
    Here it explained on another forum i go to.

Jessica wanted to merge with Darby's firm, but Harvey didn't want that because he didn't want his firm being diluted as well as further put off his imminent upgrade to his "name on the door".

So Harvey sued 3 of Darby's clients and placed a bet with him: if Harvey wins those cases, they won't merge. Jessica said fine, but if Darby wins, Harvey has to stay at the (newly merged) firm, extend his non-compete, and this time earn his way to his name on the door.

When Dana gave Mike a file that would help Harvey win the cases, Jessica threatened Mike with jail and told him to keep the file away (so that Darby would win the cases and Jessica would get her merger). Mike did so, thereby betraying Harvey. But Mike thought that this would only cause a merger, he didn't know that Harvey wouldn't get his name on the door now.

So Harvey got mad and fired Mike, which of course Jessica immediately undid.

Ahhh, that explains it, thanks for that! I honestly thought I'd missed the beginning of the episode because I couldn't quite follow what was going on!
    Usually everything is very well explained but I felt this finale was a tad confusing.
    Excellent series though, roll on the summer when season 3 starts.