Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    collit wrote: »
    I am trying to steer my 10 year old daughter away from them though. She currently likes Dr Feelgood. :)

Well good luck with that :D What kind of music are you trying to get her into?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comic Relief now ON!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    collit wrote: »
    I don't hate 'them'. I just think their music is for children, so as I'm not a child I don't listen to it.
    I am trying to steer my 10 year old daughter away from them though. She currently likes Dr Feelgood. :)

I'm not picking a fight honestly but if there music is for kids why wouldn't you just let your daughter listen to them? Childhood should be full or these crazy fads and just enjoying what you like, not what you're supposed to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    I'm not picking a fight honestly but if there music is for kids why wouldn't you just let your daughter listen to them? Childhood should be full or these crazy fads and just enjoying what you like, not what you're supposed to!

Even children should listen to real music and not to plastic pop only produced to gain revenues like Cowell does with One Direction. Only stupid children who are not interested in music but think they need a "boyfriend" are interested in One Direction. Their music is so forgettable why should you listen to them?
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They know they aren't the best band in the world, and they don't try to compare themselves to any other band either. They are just a fun, pop band. If their songs weren't great they wouldn't be so successful. If you listen to acoustic performances they sound brilliant. Their performance tonight on Comic Relief will be one to look out for.

Nobody cares for their songs, even if there's nothing or data rubbish on the CD their fans would buy it to look at the cover and inlet. That's all. And that's the problem all people who are really interested in music have with One Direction and the other Cowell garbage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Hahahahaha.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody cares for their songs, even if there's nothing or data rubbish on the CD their fans would buy it to look at the cover and inlet. That's all. And that's the problem all people who are really interested in music have with One Direction and the other Cowell garbage.

Well actually I have bought their music becuase I like it and I am way too old to buy it because i fancy them!

I like all sorts of music from pop,jazz rock, musical theatre and even some classical

I have bought Ollie Murs album again because I liked it so get off your high horse about Cowell garbage. Music is subjective and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is rubbish !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolz!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually warmed to them especially sine Liam had that haircut and looks gorgeous. Kiss You was actually worth listening to and the Comic relief single is fun and they sing it well.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even children should listen to real music and not to plastic pop only produced to gain revenues like Cowell does with One Direction. Only stupid children who are not interested in music but think they need a "boyfriend" are interested in One Direction. Their music is so forgettable why should you listen to them?

See this is where i disagree i grew uup listening to Britney, Christina, S Club 7 the popular manafactured acts at the time but have grown up with a wide range in musical Tastes Kate Bsh, the Smiths, The Jam, Nina Simone, George Michael, and current pop like Katy Perry music is about discovery and in time children if they love music will always seek out to discover and if not its no biggy :)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    I've actually warmed to them especially sine Liam had that haircut and looks gorgeous. Kiss You was actually worth listening to and the Comic relief single is fun and they sing it well.

Nice to hear - but what did the haircut have to do with it? :D

You can watch last night's performance again here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmuqfkjHEA
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    See this is where i disagree i grew uup listening to Britney, Christina, S Club 7 the popular manafactured acts at the time but have grown up with a wide range in musical Tastes Kate Bsh, the Smiths, The Jam, Nina Simone, George Michael, and current pop like Katy Perry music is about discovery and in time children if they love music will always seek out to discover and if not its no biggy :)

Well said. I think a lot of people are simply ignorant. Let the children enjoy their childhood, as long as there is nothing sinister about it, it is healthy.

The kids (teen girls/boys) who never grew up with posters of pop stars on their walls, always turn out weird and emotional when they're older.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Nice to hear - but what did the haircut have to do with it? :D

You can watch last night's performance again here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmuqfkjHEA

can't get enough of how happy they are to perform in front of an appreciative crowd...:D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Well said. I think a lot of people are simply ignorant. Let the children enjoy their childhood, as long as there is nothing sinister about it, it is healthy.

The kids (teen girls/boys) who never grew up with posters of pop stars on their walls, always turn out weird and emotional when they're older.

tell em, mum...;):p
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

except there's something deeply sinister about 1D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sure it ain't only in your mind?;)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of success compared to talent, they are very lucky/hyped.
    Its hard to compare boybands to those who play instruments and are better singers who have no or a small amount of success.
    They are a fashion fad who will be nowhere in 5 years.
    I don't hate them.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

Lol!!:D
    Its hard to compare boybands to those who play instruments and are better singers who have no or a small amount of success.
    I don't hate them.

You know what, some gave them 6 months 2 years ago. Maybe in 5 years you will extend it to 10 years.:p:D
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Well actually I have bought their music becuase I like it and I am way too old to buy it because i fancy them!

I like all sorts of music from pop,jazz rock, musical theatre and even some classical

I have bought Ollie Murs album again because I liked it so get off your high horse about Cowell garbage. Music is subjective and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is rubbish !

You buy Olly Murs and One Direction, because it's rubbish, say no more. Why don't you just transfer the money directly to Cowell's bank account?
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »

People like their music because they changed their haircut.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

can't 100% rule that out, but yeah i'm pretty sure it's real

obviously the effects on this generation of youngsters won't be obvious until adulthood but i think there'll be an epidemic of self-loathing some time around 2020;)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

And what's that then? :D
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them.
    Truth
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them.

They are an inoffensive boy band. What's to hate?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like their music because they changed their haircut.

Er, no I said that I warmed to them as a boyband because one of the guys looked a bit better IMO. And they've just released two good singles. For acts like them it's partly about the image they project.