Louis Smith Appreciation Thread (2)

Comments

• daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Hahaha! Guess you've figured it out, red! If not, I was prepared to use the first part of your name as the second clue!!! ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Hahaha! Guess you've figured it out, red! If not, I was prepared to use the first part of your name as the second clue!!! ;):D

I have only just got some sort of competence on this ipad so the intricacies of Twitter is really a step too far!
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pray tell, what is Louis wearing on his head?!:confused::rolleyes:

http://instagram.com/p/Xx5SipsXy8

My guess is either he's wearing two hats (a woolly one with his NY cap on top) or else he's grown a full beard overnight.
    Forum Member
    Just back from a friend's baby christening and have had three glasses of champagne! :eek: So can't be held responsible for what I might post tonight! :cool: ;)

Wouldn't really call this a 'breaking news' article but its got pics of him in it, so I guess it qualifies. :rolleyes: :p

http://www.fashionmagazine247.com/photos/39342/louis-smith-shops-at-spar.php
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you're among friends, please feel free to post whatever is on your mind, the more candid the better! :eek::eek::p:eek:
    Forum Member
    Lol, Korky! :D:o

Still on the train and it taking some effort to pay attention so I don't miss my stop! :eek: Posting on here helps. ;)

Seems the gang are already on their way back! So either they are cutting the holiday short by a day or Nicholas can't count! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mission is to keep Daisy awake. :cool:

Louis has just been spotted at Heathrow and so he may be quite near to you! Close your eyes and try to get his vibes!! :D Don't go to sleep though! :eek:
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »
    Mawnin lindy and daisy .. And all. :)
    Daisy the hug was so gentle it didn't hurt one bit ;) tamuchly.

Lindy .. I'm a Slimming World consultant :) And opened a new group at Easter ....

Ah...it all makes sense now! I really rate Slimming World, lost quite a lot of weight with them some years back.....have put it all back on now :( but at least I started from a lighter base, if you see what I mean! :p And yes, I know I should have kept it off!! My main probs are a) a love of chocolate and b) a husband who loves food and who cooks for me........I really must make more effort though :)

Are you still awake daisy? :D
    Forum Member
    Pic of Louis flashing his chesticles!!!! :eek::o:eek::p:cool:

http://statigr.am/p/428768598503168262_28582021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ogling that pic should keep you awake, Daisy. :p Who has removed Louis' shirt? (Give that girl (boy?) a medal! ;):o) Lou, why the constant two fingers?

Daisy - you've missed your stop! You're on your way to Peterborough! :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    I'm home!! :)
    My mission is to keep Daisy awake.

Louis has just been spotted at Heathrow and so he may be quite near to you! Close your eyes and try to get his vibes!! :D Don't go to sleep though! :eek:

Sadly not, as I live closer to Gatwick than to Heathrow..:(
    Well, ogling that pic should keep you awake, Daisy. :p Who has removed Louis' shirt? (Give that girl (boy?) a medal! ;):o) Lou, why the constant two fingers?

Daisy - you've missed your stop! You're on your way to Peterborough! :eek:

1st BIB - Isn't that meant to be some kind of urban version of the peace sign?:confused:

2nd BIB - I wish! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the peace sign (a la Churchill) with the inside of the fingers presented? Louis often shows the outsides, a rude gesture. Maybe he gets muddled.

Anyway, now that you're home, do let us know your innermost thoughts on our Lovely Luscious Louis. ;)
    Forum Member
    OK.....

I wish I was Louis' agent!:o There's so much I would have done differently to Gab! :(

Yes to Strictly Come Dancing, of course.

Yes, to the documentaries, and private charity work. Also the mentoring e.g the schools tour and summer school programmes.

No to him being so over-exposed on all these superficial twatty talk/ game shows. I would have drip fed him every few months or so instead.

I'd have secured him a five or six figure endorsement deal with a major clothing line or men's cologne company, with a huge ad campaign, right after he won Strictly when his stock value was at its highest.

Also I would have gotten him signed to a prestigious modelling agency because I believe he would do very well as a high fashion model. God has blessed him with that face! Use it!!

No to any party or event including celebrities lower than the A or B list.

I would have enrolled him in acting classes a.s.a.p.! There is un-tapped potential there, I can feel it.

:o:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. Perhaps we could all compare views. I agree with most of yours, Daisy.

Yes to SCD and yes to the Tour where he proved outstandingly popular. Then to capitalise on Louis' success.....

Yes to the documentaries, mentoring, summer-schools, Danio, Men's Health (though mishandled imo), Mother of the Year, Comic Relief.

No to any tv where all he did was smile, clap and do a backflip. His worth went down and he really seemed to be everywhere for several weeks which invoked negative publicity. No to the Brits, no to the cooking programmes.

We don't know whether Gab tried for clothing endorsements but if Lou still wants his own line/label these would conflict. He may also be thinking of developing his own fragrance, so can't promote the competition.....or maybe he could in the meantime.

Totally agree about modelling and I've said it before. He could do that standing on his head (ha ha). Could he model for others if he has his own line though?

Did Gab accept most of the offers just to raise Louis' profile and keep it high? How much was discussed carefully with Lou, or did Lou just rely on his agent's experience and advice? We also don't know how much has been turned down. Maybe they have discriminated.

I too think Louis should be taking acting lessons - not to play Hamlet perhaps but certainly with a view to doing musical theatre. He says he's no good but if he wants to do it then he should and he certainly has the discipline to do the things he likes to perfection.
    Forum Member
    Didn't like most of the Comic Relief stuff if I'm honest!:o I know it was for a good cause but all so very tacky and unfunny! :mad:

Re: the endorsements/modelling for others - I think he could have done it until he was ready to promote his own stuff. And it would have given him some more experience on how that side of the business operated.

Actually I was thinking even beyond musical theatre. No reason he can't do television or film if he turns out to be good enough. He came across very natural in his opening skit on the Strictly tour. And he seems to have a flair for comedy, although one wouldn't think so just by looking at him.

Btw, if I suddenly disappear early for the night, it's because I've fallen asleep! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Comic Relief either. I only watched Louis' bit and thought his personality came out well. Yes, he was interrupted, but he had some anecdotes to tell and he was fluent and amiable - and again very popular.

We know, because he has stated, that he wants to dance some more and that he misses it. We all saw that he is happy when dancing, and he is a 'natural' after all. I hope that he and Gab explore all possible ways to get him back dancing somehow.

I just can't see him going into film or telly as an actor but maybe if he did a little on stage he might one day! From his point of view I think he'd be happiest in a physical job and with his talent and popularity dancing seems to fit the bill. :)
    Forum Member
    Very interesting. Perhaps we could all compare views. I agree with most of yours, Daisy.

Yes to SCD and yes to the Tour where he proved outstandingly popular. Then to capitalise on Louis' success.....

Yes to the documentaries, mentoring, summer-schools, Danio, Men's Health (though mishandled imo), Mother of the Year, Comic Relief.

No to any tv where all he did was smile, clap and do a backflip. His worth went down and he really seemed to be everywhere for several weeks which invoked negative publicity. No to the Brits, no to the cooking programmes.

We don't know whether Gab tried for clothing endorsements but if Lou still wants his own line/label these would conflict. He may also be thinking of developing his own fragrance, so can't promote the competition.....or maybe he could in the meantime.

Totally agree about modelling and I've said it before. He could do that standing on his head (ha ha). Could he model for others if he has his own line though?

Did Gab accept most of the offers just to raise Louis' profile and keep it high? How much was discussed carefully with Lou, or did Lou just rely on his agent's experience and advice? We also don't know how much has been turned down. Maybe they have discriminated.

I too think Louis should be taking acting lessons - not to play Hamlet perhaps but certainly with a view to doing musical theatre. He says he's no good but if he wants to do it then he should and he certainly has the discipline to do the things he likes to perfection.

I'm afraid the reality is that we will have to wait and see. Is it usual to be so close to your agent because he always seems to be with Louis, even on holiday. Who else does he represent?
    Forum Member

We know, because he has stated, that he wants to dance some more and that he misses it. We all saw that he is happy when dancing, and he is a 'natural' after all. I hope that he and Gab explore all possible ways to get him back dancing somehow.

I just can't see him going into film or telly as an actor but maybe if he did a little on stage he might one day! From his point of view I think he'd be happiest in a physical job and with his talent and popularity dancing seems to fit the bill. :)

If Flavia gets a duffer this year and doesn't go very far on the show, we may very well get to see them dance on the Christmas Special! :)
    I'm afraid the reality is that we will have to wait and see. Is it usual to be so close to your agent because he always seems to be with Louis, even on holiday. Who else does he represent?

Here's the list from his website! Interestingly he also represents Max Whitlock! Think if any one gets a gymnastics gold medal in Rio it'll be him!

http://www.gseagency.com/the-talent/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only know about Greg Rutherford. Louis has known Gab for some years and has said that he's a close friend as well as his agent. Maybe there's an element of protecting Louis too, but I am only speculating here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    OK.....

I wish I was Louis' agent!:o There's so much I would have done differently to Gab! :(

Yes to Strictly Come Dancing, of course.

Yes, to the documentaries, and private charity work. Also the mentoring e.g the schools tour and summer school programmes.

No to him being so over-exposed on all these superficial twatty talk/ game shows. I would have drip fed him every few months or so instead.

I'd have secured him a five or six figure endorsement deal with a major clothing line or men's cologne company, with a huge ad campaign, right after he won Strictly when his stock value was at its highest.

Also I would have gotten him signed to a prestigious modelling agency because I believe he would do very well as a high fashion model. God has blessed him with that face! Use it!!

No to any party or event including celebrities lower than the A or B list.

I would have enrolled him in acting classes a.s.a.p.! There is un-tapped potential there, I can feel it.

:o:cool:

Hi Ladies, I'm a bit late to join the discussion but I agree with virtually all the points raised this evening. :)

I don't understand his agent's strategy at all. Trying hard to avoid criticising anyone because we don't know exactly what big projects are in the pipeline. Plus, I appreciate that Louis is only 23 years old, he has achieved a great deal in the past 9-12 months and he has not retired from competition yet.

Daisy - You did a great summary a few days ago of the things Louis has in the pipeline. All good stuff but can we see a clear strategy? :confused: I can't believe Louis is not in the Danio adverts!

With his current popularity and success in the 2012 Olympics and winning Strictly, by now, Louis should have huge endorsements for major fashion labels and a men's fragrance. These would be quick wins and very lucrative deals. Sportsmen / celebs with lower profiles get endorsements.

In commercial terms, there is a very narrow window of opportunity for "the right commercial deals / PR and marketing ventures". I've expressed this view before on this thread. :o So sorry if I sound very impatient or like a pushy parent but I've worked in Marketing and Corporate Sponsorships for over 12 years. In my humble opinion, with the right agent / management team, Louis has huge potential to build a brand, increase his commercial interests and secure his future.

Also, good managers limit their clients' tweets... :eek:

More acting lessons would be great for Louis. He has limited life experiences and general knowledge. Acting lessons will help him to express himself and tap into different emotions. There is an actor within Louis!
    Forum Member
    If Flavia gets a duffer this year and doesn't go very far on the show, we may very well get to see them dance on the Christmas Special! :)

Here's the list from his website! Interestingly he also represents Max Whitlock! Think if any one gets a gymnastics gold medal in Rio it'll be him!

http://www.gseagency.com/the-talent/

A great sports agent may not be a brilliant commercial manager. ;).

The agency represents a great range of Olympians. Clearly, Louis has the highest profile and he should be producing the most revenue. :)
    I wonder what the other 'clients' thinks about their agent going on holiday with Louis and his mates, participating in drinking games and other party antics...?

No judgement - everyone needs to relax and have fun! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a theory about Louis' lack of confidence regarding acting and it is that he would be fazed by concentrating on reading and having to learn a script. Some actors with dyslexia (no, I know that Louis doesn't have this) get round the problem by listening to the lines on tape repeatedly until they have sunk in. We agree that there is definitely an actor in Louis, but he needs to believe it.

Sophie, are you saying that it may be too late for Louis to pursue endorsements as his popularity has already peaked? Also, is his friendship with and loyalty to Gab preventing him realising his commercial potential, whereas another agent would have steered Louis better?
    Forum Member
    Sophie P wrote: »
    A great sports agent may not be a brilliant commercial manager. ;).

The agency represents a great range of Olympians. Clearly, Louis has the highest profile and he should be producing the most revenue. :)
    I wonder what the other 'clients' thinks about their agent going on holiday with Louis and his mates, participating in drinking games and other party antics...?

No judgement - everyone needs to relax and have fun! :cool:

I agree with your comments. Never saw Max Clifford on holiday or boozing with his clients!
    Forum Member
    I have a theory about Louis' lack of confidence regarding acting and it is that he would be fazed by concentrating on reading and having to learn a script. Some actors with dyslexia (no, I know that Louis doesn't have this) get round the problem by listening to the lines on tape repeatedly until they have sunk in. We agree that there is definitely an actor in Louis, but he needs to believe it.

Sophie, are you saying that it may be too late for Louis to pursue endorsements as his popularity has already peaked? Also, is his friendship with and loyalty to Gab preventing him realising his commercial potential, whereas another agent would have steered Louis better?

No, it is not too late for lucrative endorsements but the clock is ticking... The public interest and corporate monies move quickly to the new flavour of the month.

I don't want to criticise his agent because he could have amazing deals /endorsements in the pipeline but so far, we're waiting to hear about them.

In commercial terms, Louis was sizzlingly hot after winning Strictly in last December. I'm sure that fashion brands picked up on his trendy dressing / sense of style... I was very surprised that Louis was not at London Fashion Week for the Spring collections. Straight after the Strictly Live Tour, LFW would have been a great vehicle for Louis, plus good money for him to walk on a catwalk or two, or just to sit in the first round at a few shows of top designers... All lucrative endorsements, great photos, etc. He is a beautiful man - his photos are so amazing. No need for him to say a word! Much better than Louis appearing on chat shows with prats!

I refer to Lewis Hamilton and Andy Murray... They are not the most popular sports personalities. They've had lots of PR disasters over the past 5 years but Simon Fuller and his team at 19 Management get them the best commercial deals / endorsements available. Both are multi-millionaires - far beyond their sporting achievements. Lewis has not won a F1 world championship since 2008 and Andy Murray won his first Grand Slam title at USA Open last September (plus Olympic Gold in August).

It is unusual for an agent to be 'partying / going on holiday' with the client. Simon and the management team attend all the major tennis championships and Grand Prix races but IF they're "partying" with the clients, the details remain private /off twitter.
This discussion has been closed.