Katie Price has had her Baby

Comments

• LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janna's on holiday? I'm worried the knitting might take a back seat.

You know what, if all the DSers on this thread knitted a square, we could put them together to make a lovely baby blanket for KP in her hour of need.

We could embellish said squares with cwystals. :)

Please send your best efforts to me for assembly. Your KP needs you!

Will get cracking on my square today....think I have some NEON pink wool the kind with glitter threads running through it.....I know little Jett is a boy but i'm sure he will just have to put up with it as KP loves pink/glitter/sparkles so what KP wants she has to have....:D
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    Will get cracking on my square today....think I have some NEON pink wool the kind with glitter threads running through it.....I know little Jett is a boy but i'm sure he will just have to put up with it as KP loves pink/glitter/sparkles so what KP wants she has to have....:D

Neon pink? How perfect!
    That's the spirit.
    And the sort of CAN, oops, I mean, can do, resourcefulness that KP herself would be proud of.

I can't help but feel there's something biblical about all this. I mean, poor, wee Jett was nearly born in a stable/horsebox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janna's on holiday? I'm worried the knitting might take a back seat.

You know what, if all the DSers on this thread knitted a square, we could put them together to make a lovely baby blanket for KP in her hour of need.

We could embellish said squares with cwystals. :)

Please send your best efforts to me for assembly. Your KP needs you!

I will do a braw tartan one!
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    I find it sad that this millionaire has stooped so low that she is asking for freebies for her sick baby in hospital,she has no limits where money is concerned,she should hand her head in shame,disgusting.

Shame not a word she would be familiar with!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see who she chooses because the first supplier to respond was Kiddicare who, as someone on Twitter has pointed out, were also the sponsors of her 'What Katie Did Next' TV Show. Coincidence?

Kiddicare .. I bought a few things from there for little lion, mostly a rocking cradle and a car seat - Its very affordable!

I wonder if she is holding out for mamas and papas... I am guessing baby dior have already declined :D:D:D

Besides... I thought she had her own 'successful' babywear business??? (although it appears to be down for maintenance) http://www.kpbaby.co.uk/

surely she has some of her own tat to dress little Jett in... unless she knows that it is nothing but cheap tacky rubbish of such low quality she wouldn't dream of putting her own child in it?
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    lion5 wrote: »
    Kiddicare .. I bought a few things from there for little lion, mostly a rocking cradle and a car seat - Its very affordable!

I wonder if she is holding out for mamas and papas... I am guessing baby dior have already declined :D:D:D

Besides... I thought she had her own 'successful' babywear business??? (although it appears to be down for maintenance) http://www.kpbaby.co.uk/

surely she has some of her own tat to dress little Jett in... unless she knows that it is nothing but cheap tacky rubbish of such low quality she wouldn't dream of putting her own child in it?

Oh dear- it would appear the site is "currently down for maintenance" :D
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that site,it was all girls clothes,nothing much for lads,so she wouldn't have been able to deck the kid out lol
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    I remember that site,it was all girls clothes,nothing much for lads,so she wouldn't have been able to deck the kid out lol

I wonder if they are the clothes princess only wore once, because she had so many.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I wonder if they are the clothes princess only wore once, because she had so many.
    Good point fredster,she's as tight as a lobsters backside,so i wouldn't put it past her.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    Agree it really is never a good look to beg, she should just get on with actually buying her baby things just the basics on line would do for now. Much better than to beg.

There is really no need for her to beg, does she like embarrassing herself? All that money and time she has and she can't go buy things her little boy will need, selfish cow. Surely any normal mother would have had everything ready for the new arrival. Yes I know it was too early, but she was expecting it to happen early wasn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    There is really no need for her to beg, does she like embarrassing herself? All that money and time she has and she can't go buy things her little boy will need, selfish cow. Surely any normal mother would have had everything ready for the new arrival. Yes I know it was too early, but she was expecting it to happen early wasn't she?

I had everything ready by the time I was seven months pregnant, including my hospital bag... I was six weeks premature and I was concerned that little lion was going to arrive before her due date... I needn't have worried though... she was 10 days late in the end...

but as she knew the gender many many months ago, I don't understand why she wasn't fully stocked up, some of my friends haven't bought too much in the way of clothes because they wanted the gender to be a surprise, but to have nothing ready despite having three other kids is ridiculous!

Shopping for things for little lion and getting her nursery ready was the thing I enjoyed most about my pregnancy... I went a bit overboard ... but hey ho.. I guess you do when you are excited... I actually had several boxes of nappies that were too small for little lion, but have managed to donate them to expectant mums so they didn't go to waste...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had everything ready by the time I was seven months pregnant, including my hospital bag... I was six weeks premature and I was concerned that little lion was going to arrive before her due date... I needn't have worried though... she was 10 days late in the end...

but as she knew the gender many many months ago, I don't understand why she wasn't fully stocked up, some of my friends haven't bought too much in the way of clothes because they wanted the gender to be a surprise, but to have nothing ready despite having three other kids is ridiculous!

Shopping for things for little lion and getting her nursery ready was the thing I enjoyed most about my pregnancy... I went a bit overboard ... but hey ho.. I guess you do when you are excited... I actually had several boxes of nappies that were too small for little lion, but have managed to donate them to expectant mums so they didn't go to waste...

Me too Lion, its what genuine loving mums do ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In all honesty, I bought nothing until the week before. I didnt want to tempt fate and was dragged to buy a car seat and other essentials at the last minute. I made up for it when the baby was safely delivered and I enjoyed doing the nursery.

She clearly hasnt bought the things, or there would be no point going on twitter to either seek advice or blag them.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    In all honesty, I bought nothing until the week before. I didnt want to tempt fate and was dragged to buy a car seat and other essentials at the last minute. I made up for it when the baby was safely delivered and I enjoyed doing the nursery.

She clearly hasnt bought the things, or there would be no point going on twitter to either seek advice or blag them.

I didn't buy a single thing until I was 34 weeks as, the same as you, I didn't want to tempt fate. Then, once I gave up work, there were daily deliveries to my house - it was like Christmas :D

I didn't actually pack my bag until I went into labour so I'm obviously not a genuine loving mum then :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

why beg online though? why not do internet shopping??? why not just get friends and family to help out? What advice does KP need though? she has already had 3 kids, baby technology hasn't changed in the last few years... its not rocket science!!!

Given she was begging for free baby things in cream over a month ago, before the 'drama' I am guessing that its not superstition, or thought that is behind the begging! I am guessing that KP was holding out for some freebies... and still is... I for one think it would serve her right if no one gave her freebies for the baby! She and her family and friends are all financially able to pay for the things that the baby needs!

If it does turn out that a company does give her freebies, then I can assure you I will not be giving them my business!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I didn't buy a single thing until I was 34 weeks as, the same as you, I didn't want to tempt fate. Then, once I gave up work, there were daily deliveries to my house - it was like Christmas :D

I didn't actually pack my bag until I went into labour so I'm obviously not a genuine loving mum then :confused:

Were you on the internet looking for freebies?
    Did you travel across Europe in late pregnancy whilst you were having a really bad time? Knowing that there was going to be a big drama.

Did you know where the hospital was that you were going to?

I would say you were a genuine loving mum, you did it all from the comfort and safety of your own home.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Me either...I waited to get my stuff until the week before baby Britain was born ( knew date cos I was having a c section) .. Makes me a bad mum to if we go by the posts on here :rolleyes:
    I also worked until 4 days before my daughter was due .. And had a holiday 6 weeks before she was due ...what a bad mother I am ;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see Katie tweeting asking for freebies... Just asking for advice on best buys etc ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I didn't see Katie tweeting asking for freebies... Just asking for advice on best buys etc ...

She is asking, in the only way she can without actually saying it directly - I can imagine she used to automatically get freebies from companies, but they may no longer see any advantage in having her and her male stripper husband advertise their products. It is just a sign of how things have changed for her.

I am sure she knows what products she wants from asking friends, researching on the internet etc. But she doesn't to buy them herself with her own money
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    She is asking, in the only way she can without actually saying it directly

In other words .. no, she did not actually tweet asking for freebies lol :D

If she is hinting though that's not unusual for any of the UK's celebs really, one of the perks.

If all of the UK's "genuine loving mums" could get stuff for free by sending an email or tweet do you think they'd be too ashamed or do you think these baby companies email inboxes would be crashing under the strain of so much mail? :o
    Forum Member
    In other words .. no, she did not actually tweet asking for freebies lol :D

If she is hinting though that's not unusual for any of the UK's celebs really, one of the perks.

If all of the UK's "genuine loving mums" could get stuff for free by sending an email or tweet do you think they'd be too ashamed or do you think these baby companies email inboxes would be crashing under the strain of so much mail? :o

She did ask, it is obvious to everyone what these tweets asking for advice about cosmetics, wedding dresses, baby clothes and now baby equipment mean - and it is unusual in that celebrities usually get these things automatically as companies want their products to be seen to be used by people in the public eye. However, this does not appear to apply to Katie any more and she needs to ask.
    It is also unusual as 'celebrities' generally have more pride than to ask on a public forum once their profile has sunk to below that necessary to get products sent automatically. Most would just buy the things themselves
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Asking advice on her twitter account from her fans then, just like shes asked them about other stuff during her pregnancy, dont other expectant mums, celebs or not, ask the same sort of things on twitter ?
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did ask, it is obvious to everyone what these tweets asking for advice about cosmetics, wedding dresses, baby clothes and now baby equipment mean - and it is unusual in that celebrities usually get these things automatically as companies want their products to be seen to be used by people in the public eye. However, this does not appear to apply to Katie any more and she needs to ask.
    It is also unusual as 'celebrities' generally have more pride than to ask on a public forum once their profile has sunk to below that necessary to get products sent automatically. Most would just buy the things themselves

I agree. The only 'celebs' that angle for stuff are those at the lower end of the scale. I really wouldn't have thought someone with supposedly the millions KP has would have to do this. Imo its degrading and embarrassing.

Have to add, l have never seen her lst ex husband do this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The fact is, she didn't ask directly. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the aim though as you say but i don't know - seeing as she's miles away in Spain it doesn't surprise me she has nothing there.

I've seen lots of celebs hint about things on twitter, "pride" isn't a word that goes with reality tv celebrity .... and i also know from personal experience celebs aren't above sending emails to companies asking for stuff - i know a few klass ones, but i'm sure their emails were very solemon ;) - so it isn't quite the case things always get sent to them automatically - on some occasions yes, on others no. A lot of the times they only get loaned stuff actually. There's so many celeb pregnancies nowadays the baby companies would go bankrupt if they were giving out free stock all over the place.

But admittedly, she's no Simon Cowell is she.

The idea it makes her a bad mother is extreme and bizarre to say the least. Mothers all over the UK would jump at the chance if they could. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Have to add, l have never seen her lst ex husband do this

He does it the classier way, with an ofcom investigation :eek:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0005071.html

I always laughed at the tight camera close up on the phone number of the removals van in his moving house episode.
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    Asking advice on her twitter account from her fans then, just like shes asked them about other stuff during her pregnancy, dont other expectant mums, celebs or not, ask the same sort of things on twitter ?

But she has asked about other things too from wedding dresses to cosmetics and baby things. As a mother of 4 who uses the internet all the time and is permanently in shops, I don't think she needs to go on twitter to ask random unknown followers for their advice.
    No, I think she is definitely trying to get things for free - she is always looking to get money - didn't Lisa Benjamin say on IAC, that Katie told her she has mug written on her forehead for exchanging a couple of sentences with a journalist without first negotiating a deal.
    It is OK though, it is her life and I'm not criticising her, the companies do not have to give her anything. I am just surprised she is doing it as it is a bit degrading and makes it clear that she is no longer considered worth giving freebies to. It is surely better to just get a family member to buy the stuff for her than have everyone know this.
This discussion has been closed.