O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember when Ian tells Jane she is grounded? :o
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm immensely looking forward to David's return and although only heard little scraps so far, I'm extremely positive so far.

Although he was only back for two weeks last time, for me the continuity was spot on to what I remember him and his relationships and character being in the 90's when I was pretty obsessed with him.:o I loved his interactions with Carol on screen in his 2012 return, it was a delight to watch two amazing actors have an enthralling dynamic, and for me anyway, it carried off where it literally left of in the 90's. I'm looking forward to his scenes with Bianca, Ian et al too. he's got a rich history with the show and many characters.

Re Ian and his women. I think it's just one of those things in real life where you know a beautiful and charming woman and then meet her husband and think "....really? How did you ever manage to pull her?". Love is blind. I'm not sure if they'll be a couple forever, but I guess it makes sense for them to have bonded at an emotional time.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Anyone remember when Ian tells Jane she is grounded? :o

Haha!:D No, I don't remember, but I wouldn't put it past him, the cheeky git!:D
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael French lit up the screen in every scene he was in when he returned for those 2 weeks, so I think this time will be no exception.

I'm also one of the 'die hard' David Wicks fans, I had a MASSIVE crush on him in the 90's, and am already very excited by his return.

The look Ian gave David when he walked into Carol's front room last time when he was saying hello to everyone was priceless.

I can't wait to see his interactions with everyone.
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael French lit up the screen in every scene he was in when he returned for those 2 weeks, so I think this time will be no exception.

I'm also one of the 'die hard' David Wicks fans, I had a MASSIVE crush on him in the 90's, and am already very excited by his return.

The look Ian gave David when he walked into Carol's front room last time when he was saying hello to everyone was priceless.

I can't wait to see his interactions with everyone.

Haha! Yes, I remember that! He just ignored him like a sulky child. That was ace.

I'm glad there's a few of us 'die hard fans' from the 90's! Makes me feel less old :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I hope they do resolve things, and I hope Ian treats Bianca like a family member after everything is sorted,

as David was the reason Ian has been treating Bianca like shit all these years!

Why would Ian want anything to do with that braindead banshee?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blue_angel wrote: »
    Haha! Yes, I remember that! He just ignored him like a sulky child. That was ace.

I'm glad there's a few of us 'die hard fans' from the 90's! Makes me feel less old :D

It was a brilliant scene. Haha.

Oh I've always had a soft spot for Mr Wicks. The suaveness on that man. :D
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Why would Ian want anything to do with that braindead banshee?

He can't stay angry forever, they need some sort of closure and development its been 16-17 years?
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope David's return is a success, what worries me though is look what happened with Kat and Sharon, both were dominant forces in there eras...Sharon in the 90s and Kat in the 00s but Kat is only now being restored and Sharon well I think we can all see what is happening there. Ronnie's return has worked our brilliantly but she only left 2 years ago so it wasn't as difficult, my hope for David is he can slot back in easily as he has the Jacksons and history with the Beales, Brannings and you could say the Mitchells as well. The 2 weeks he was back after Pat's death was great however I recall that alot of the old writers were involved in those episodes, I am confident it will go well and at least we have DTC in charge now.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I can't think of any other reason why they have put Denise with Ian after all this time. They just don't make sense as a couple, and let's face it, Denise is a very beautiful woman. As for making up, maybe one day, but not yet.

So just because Denise is beautiful, Ian shouldn't have a chance? Didn't think you were that shallow Val! :D

Maybe Denise sees more in Ian than just looks and I'm not talking about his bank balance either.

I do think that some people get Ian all wrong, he's actually a really sensitive loving person. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »
    Rehashing old storylines is EE's speciality. I can't wait for Philth's next car crash.

Is there any aspect of Eastenders, past or present that you do like? Your posts always seem so negative about it. Don't get me wrong, the show is in a bad place, even the most die hard fan would admit that. But there is still many things good about it, particularly the fact it boasts one of the finest casts across all soaps. Yes there is the odd cast member who could do with a bit more acting coaching, but the majority are superb for soap acting.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    So just because Denise is beautiful, Ian shouldn't have a chance? Didn't think you were that shallow Val! :D

Maybe Denise sees more in Ian than just looks and I'm not talking about his bank balance either.

I do think that some people get Ian all wrong, he's actually a really sensitive loving person. :D

It's not just looks, she is a lovely woman and Ian, well he's just a slimeball. besides there's no love there. Ian just likes a trophy wife and Denise is settling for companionship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    It's not just looks, she is a lovely woman and Ian, well he's just a slimeball. besides there's no love there. Ian just likes a trophy wife and Denise is settling for companionship.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Denise wanting a bit of companionship, but I think it would have to be more than that. She does like Ian, I don't think she'd lead him on if he didn't. Yes there are parts of his personality that irritate her, but she does seem intent on working at their relationship.

I'm not sure in Ians case that it's just about wanting a trophy wife. That was certainly the case with Mel and probably Cindy, Laura was just for convenience there is no doubt about that. But with Jane and Denise he genuinely seems to care for them.

I think it helps that Denise was Ians friend first, they built up a level of trust and camaraderie and went from there.

Since the breakdown, Ian has been more vulnerable, i'm not sure he would get into a relationship lightly. I think that the fact he knows Denise would not treat him poorly has enabled him to be more relaxed around her.

Out of all of Ians wives and girlfriends, Denise actually seems the only one who wants Ian for him and is not with him out of some pretence, for his money or for his ready made family.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE - David Returning

Old famous saying "you should never go back"
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing of interest to me is how Ian and David interact after all these years. They glossed right over it during his last visit.
    There wasn't a lot of time to go into it during his week-long return, but there was a notable emphasis on the awkwardness between David and Ian when he finally turned up at Pat's the night she died. They kept looking at one another through the corner of their eyes but never looked at one another properly; David just said something like 'Ian...' and then left the room after a few seconds. I remember that scene quite well because I thought it was fairly realistic; neither would really want to see the other, but given the circumstances they wouldn't want to cause a scene.

Hopefully they can build bridges now David's back for a longer period of time, but knowing Ian perhaps not. Still, it'll be interesting to see how Cindy's kids are around David.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shows Saviour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shows Saviour!

Well said! I totally agree.