ALAN306 wrote: »
    I am named after myself

Manc Red .... nowhere near Manchester .. figures

gosh:rolleyes:
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting the 21.6 feed from ITV's studios to Al Jazeera. Signal is only just over the threshold (1m dish in South London). Please, please, please not a drop of rain!

Shame it is only 4:3 SD, but I am chuffed to bits to get anything.
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Intelsat 905 (24.5°W)

Frequency: 11182 - Pol: H - SR: 12891 - FEC: 3/4

Category: Sport - Football

Transmitted in: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)

Comments: Ukraine - England in HD
  • Options
    rparslowrparslow Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote from "http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8300465.stm"

Highlights of Ukraine v England will be on BBC1 at 2215 BST, simulcast on this website and available on iPlayer.

so you those who missed it can watch us loose again :rolleyes::(:(:(:(
  • Options
    HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Intelsat 905 (24.5°W)

Where did you get that info from:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    damn how did I miss that one, I don't think I would have got it 24.5w seems to be weak for me with only three channels.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masteriser wrote: »
    I am getting the 21.6 feed from ITV's studios to Al Jazeera. Signal is only just over the threshold (1m dish in South London). Please, please, please not a drop of rain!

How was it for you? The signal just about held for the game, got a tiny bit blocky in places, but still very watchable. However, as soon as the game was over and they handed back to Matt Smith with Terry Venables, the signal collapsed completely and was as good as gone. How lucky was that?

Incidentally did anyone watch this feed?
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Intelsat 905 (24.5°W)

Was this the BBC's feed? They were lucky not to have that hideously large scoreboard and clock which I presume was there for the benefit of those poor internet viewers.

Did anyone see the roundup during Sky News last night? They obviously had to take their pictures from the internet feed. Yuk, looked like a 15 frames a second picture and very, very soft and blurry. Sky must have a very fast internet connection too, so this must have been as good as it could possibly have got. I feel sorry for those poor sods who actually paid to watch that crappy picture via the net. What a ridiculous price too, even at the lower advance booking rate, they actually managed to make a Sky Sports sub look cheap!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Yes Masteriser, I watched the feed on Eutelsat W6. The signal was steady at 59% throughout, so I wasn't aware that it collapsed after the game was over. Did a heavy raincloud pass over top of you at that time? 59% isn't mega strong but it isn't just over threshold either.

I use a motorised 88cms dish and a Technomate TM6900HD Super, with quite a long cable run.

I was interested in seeing this match, not so much because I'm a football fan; I'm not one really, and England has qualified already.

It was more to do with the unusual (unprecedented?) situation surrounding this match. The idea of watching something that not many other people in the UK were able to watch was quite, er, well... 'nice'!

I feel sorry for anybody who paid to watch though... even if their internet picture quality had been perfect. In my opinion, worth seeing but certainly not worth paying to see!

Last but not least, I walked into my local pub at about 8PM, where they had the big screen on and their Sky Digibox switched in... tuned to BBC Radio 5 Live! Presumably earlier in the evening, a pub full of oiled football fans were watching that static blue screen and cheering along to a radio commentary!

Welcome to the 21st century. Priceless! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the football on in my place and it was such a buzz. Just knowing that hundereds of pubs and homes were not able to watch it and I was able to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Masteriser wrote: »
    How was it for you? The signal just about held for the game, got a tiny bit blocky in places, but still very watchable. However, as soon as the game was over and they handed back to Matt Smith with Terry Venables, the signal collapsed completely and was as good as gone. How lucky was that?

Incidentally did anyone watch this feed?

Was this the BBC's feed? They were lucky not to have that hideously large scoreboard and clock which I presume was there for the benefit of those poor internet viewers.

Did anyone see the roundup during Sky News last night? They obviously had to take their pictures from the internet feed. Yuk, looked like a 15 frames a second picture and very, very soft and blurry. Sky must have a very fast internet connection too, so this must have been as good as it could possibly have got. I feel sorry for those poor sods who actually paid to watch that crappy picture via the net. What a ridiculous price too, even at the lower advance booking rate, they actually managed to make a Sky Sports sub look cheap!

Apparantly it was the 720p cinema feed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad wrote: »
    Apparantly it was the 720p cinema feed!

Thanks for that, I guess the BBC's feed was one of the encrypted ones then.