Capaldi's diction

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
Not all of it was clear, but more clear than Amy's.

Comments

• LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it perfectly fine. Just as I did Amy's.
  • chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    His voice wasn't as dynamic as previous doctors - bit more mild & mellow.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HD sounded more blurred than SD
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I could understand what he was saying perfectly, but there was a definite sound issue with the whole thing, everyone sounded muffled.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Sealeg wrote: »
    I could understand what he was saying perfectly, but there was a definite sound issue with the whole thing, everyone sounded muffled.
    It did seem like there were problems with it.
    I had to turn my telly and amp sound up an extra 5 so have what my normal 'movie' sound level is and this was on BBC HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    chattswho wrote: »
    His voice wasn't as dynamic as previous doctors - bit more mild & mellow.
    yeah,
    you could always hear matt smith as he went up a few ranges when he talked, which I liked :)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hearing problem but managed to hear him and clara absolutely fine. So not sure what anyone else was listening to.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I have a hearing problem but managed to hear him and clara absolutely fine. So not sure what anyone else was listening to.

I doubt that anyone is lying about things...

I also struggled to understand Mr Capaldi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I saw it at the cinema and I struggled at times, particularly at the start. As others have said, I wonder if there was an overall sound problem? The whole episode seemed quieter than I was expecting, especially at the cinema (unless my cinema just messed up :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he spoke up, you could hear him. When he was quiet, he was unclear, but this might have been a sound issue.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it at the cinema, diction was fine, shame the cinema had a techincal breakdown though, epic fail .....
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I had to concentrate really hard to understand some of his lines, I think I will get used to the accent but I didn't find it very clear. I saw/heard it at the Cinema, but thought exactly the same thing when I saw a clip on TV (think it was breakfast TV) earlier today, I ended up rewinding it (Thank you Tivo :) ) to listen again.
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a bit of trouble understanding him in parts. Im Scottish so wasn't the accent, though there was maybe sound problems.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually have my tv volume at 8-10 and I can hear it fine. I had to turn this up to 22. There was definitely an issue with the sound levels being too quiet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there was sound issues. Although, admittedly i am a bit deaf i struggled hear a few lines of Clara dialogue on 5 bars up from normal
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understood every word he said and this thread has me confused somewhat :confused:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody seemed muffled to me.

Strangely enough it happened during the quieter scenes rather than with all the noise and fire/explosions.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy was perfectly understandable. Capaldi, not so much. Some of his first lines sounded like total gibberish, I think that may have been on purpose. :p
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Oh good it wasn't just me then! There are a few sentences I had to ask the OH 'what did he say?' And I don't normally have a problem with these things!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    Amy was perfectly understandable. Capaldi, not so much. Some of his first lines sounded like total gibberish, I think that may have been on purpose. :p

Amy was in it?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »

As did I. For a while I could barely understand a word he said. It seemed only to affect the parts when he was in the nightgown though and I found it had improved nearer the end.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

I never suggested anyone was ! !
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had to whack ours up to 70 & that was via Hd.

Wonder what my Sd copy will be like?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I found it perfectly fine. Just as I did Amy's.
    Same here. And I'm not even Scottish, and I have never lived in Scotland.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only two bits of dialogue I didn't understand:

When Peter reveals himself in the control room of the master droid he laughs with Jenna - thats how you hide, and then says by the way you are ?????????????

When Jenna says they should go for coffee and Peter says he doesn't have any money, Jenna says ??????????????????