Options

Ice Bucket Challenge

jimmyladjimmylad Posts: 729
Forum Member
✭✭
But if everyone is too busy pouring water over each others heads who will defend us from the terrorists in Iraq? That's what I wanna know! Also, parents are even getting their kids to do the ice bucket challenge now. By the time these children grow up and realise you can't save the world by pouring water over each other's heads it might be too late... I fear the end is nigh.

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh well, I'm sure you thought a 6th thread about this would be funny
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't heard of it.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is ALMOST making me wish for another round of believers vs atheists.

ALMOST.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I must be missing something.

People are poaring tens of thousands of gallons of clean drinking water over their head as a challenge to get out of donating to charity? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh well, I'm sure you thought a 6th thread about this would be funny

The Islamic state are serious threat, I think you need to take this a bit more seriously. Or are you to busy pouring ice cold water over your head?
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmylad wrote: »
    But if everyone is too busy pouring water over each others heads who will defend us from the terrorists in Iraq? That's what I wanna know! Also, parents are even getting their kids to do the ice bucket challenge now. By the time these children grow up and realise you can't save the world by pouring water over each other's heads it might be too late... I fear the end is nigh.

Honest question, before you hit submit did you really think this was clever?
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't escape these ice bucket challenges on Facebook, now there's no escaping it here!:cry::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIN-MAN wrote: »
    Honest question, before you hit submit did you really think this was clever?

This is a serious issue man.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    What we need to do, is combine the two.

Pour ice buckets over the heads of IS extremists. They're in a hot country, so the chill will probably give them pneumonia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    But if everyone is too busy pouring water over each others heads who will defend us from the terrorists in Iraq? That's what I wanna know!

I'm hoping the terrorists will slip over on the ice cubes and do themselves a mischief.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fortunately (and wisely) I'm not owned by facebook so this has all largely passed me by and I don't feel obliged to join in with the attention-seeking.
    Can't see twitter standing by without excitedly apeing facebook with some other challenge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone:confused: A few idiots.

How many servicemen have you seen taking the challenge, I haven't seen one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a serious issue man.

That couldn't be further from the truth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member

It's training. Think about it. The water can be replaced with acid or smelted lead to throw at the terrorists.

As for the children part, they start them young so why shouldn't we?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping the terrorists will slip over on the ice cubes and do themselves a mischief.

Haha yes that would be funny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people are asked to pour boiling water over their heads, I'll sign that petition.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I can't escape these ice bucket challenges on Facebook, now there's no escaping it here!:cry::p

I came on here to escape fron it but now keep coming on here and finding it
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ...I'm sick of this to be perfectly honest.

If you wanna donate to charity thats fine - why the need to 'nominate' people for this stupid challenge as well? *rolleyessmiley*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    When people are asked to pour boiling water over their heads, I'll sign that petition.

So would you be happy to pour boling water over your head?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So would be happy to pour boling water over your head?

Would who be happy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    Would who be happy?

Its hould have read so would you be happy. My bad.
  • Options
    Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What worries me is the poor africans that would die for just a drop and there we are, selfish humans, just wasting water.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Basil wrote: »
    What worries me is the poor africans that would die for just a drop and there we are, selfish humans, just wasting water.

Here you go, Tom - fill your boots.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hould have read so would you be happy. My bad.

Writing that is a good enough reason for pouring a bucket of boiling water over your head.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ...I'm sick of this to be perfectly honest.

If you wanna donate to charity thats fine - why the need to 'nominate' people for this stupid challenge as well? *rolleyessmiley*

I completely agree :-)