Options

CBS Drama gets better and better!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    CBS actually own the Spelling Television back catalogue but only seem to be airing selected shows from it. I think someone on here emailed them about The Colbys before and they said they'd no plans to air it. I also mailed them about other Spelling shows Savannah and Titans (as well as non Spelling show Central Park West) but they said they had no plans to air them either. I can see 7th Heaven cropping up on it in the future once the current crop of shows finish their runs.

CBS Drama was really promising when it first started but now it's going downhill rapidly. Jake and The Fatman is starting soon - I'm sure that was on CBS Action as well. Boston Legal - that's just been done to death on Living. Charmed - they just seem to be showing Seasons 1 and 2 OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! I'm confident that when Dynasty finishes they'll just show that again as well. It's just getting boring. Surely they can afford shows such as Knots Landing, The Colbys etc. Their Facebook page is full of people that like this sort of thing but they're not really giving them what they want unless the ratings are saying otherwise? Who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS Drama was really promising when it first started but now it's going downhill rapidly. Jake and The Fatman is starting soon - I'm sure that was on CBS Action as well. Boston Legal - that's just been done to death on Living. Charmed - they just seem to be showing Seasons 1 and 2 OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! I'm confident that when Dynasty finishes they'll just show that again as well. It's just getting boring. Surely they can afford shows such as Knots Landing, The Colbys etc. Their Facebook page is full of people that like this sort of thing but they're not really giving them what they want unless the ratings are saying otherwise? Who knows?

I agree...I was really excited last weekend to see that they were repeating Return to Eden, showing two episodes on Saturday and Sunday as I missed it first time around and have been looking out to see if they were going to show it again. So I watched four episodes at the weekend with two left to be shown and assumed they would be showing them this weekend, but see they are showing Roses for the Rich instead. I have scoured the TV mag for this week and can't see that the remaining two episodes are being shown at any time, so what's going on? Was it just a filler as they had nothing else to show? I am very disappointed as I was hoping they were going to repeat the sequel as well, but obviously not.

Very disappointed in you CBS Drama!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I still haven't forgiven them for going back to the start of Judging Amy right after the season 4 finale cliffhanger!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Dynasty finishes its run, I wish they'd show Knots Landing because I've never seen it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    After Dynasty finishes its run, I wish they'd show Knots Landing because I've never seen it.

I do too. But I emailed them a while back asking if they would show KL and they said they had no intentions of showing it at present. I loved Knots Landing...far better than Dynasty, Dallas..etc
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Top 10 shows on CBS Drama for week ending 1st August if anybody is interested:

1 FOOTBALLERS' WIVES (FRI 2201) 65,000
    2 FOOTBALLERS' WIVES (THU 2200) 47,000
    3 FOOTBALLERS' WIVES (WED 2200) 43,000
    4 DYNASTY (FRI 0800) 42,000
    5 DYNASTY (THU 0800) 37,000
    6 DYNASTY (TUE 0800) 35,000
    7 DYNASTY (SUN 1200) 32,000
    8 MODELS INC (SUN 1300) 30,000
    9 DYNASTY (MON 0800) 29,000
    10 FOOTBALLERS' WIVES (MON 2200) 28,000

Source: BARB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »

Oh I absolutely lurvvvvvved Knots Landing :D I haven't seen that for years, probably back in the days when it used to be shown on a Monday afternoon on BBC1 and I used to record it and watch it the same evening :D

Gary Ewing (Ted Shackleford?) was my favourite...there was just something about him that I really really liked... :p:D
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have waiting for 1am to watch Days Of Our Lives :((
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I still haven't forgiven them for going back to the start of Judging Amy right after the season 4 finale cliffhanger!

agree there!!!!!!!! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

Models INC is doing well, especially as it's been shown onve before last year. I expect Footballers' Wives to lessen in figures now as its on a repeat run and I think these will be the end of the run.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree...I was really excited last weekend to see that they were repeating Return to Eden, showing two episodes on Saturday and Sunday as I missed it first time around and have been looking out to see if they were going to show it again. So I watched four episodes at the weekend with two left to be shown and assumed they would be showing them this weekend, but see they are showing Roses for the Rich instead. I have scoured the TV mag for this week and can't see that the remaining two episodes are being shown at any time, so what's going on? Was it just a filler as they had nothing else to show? I am very disappointed as I was hoping they were going to repeat the sequel as well, but obviously not.

That's a pain. I also assumed they'd air the last two segments of the miniseries this Saturday and then maybe start showing the series which I've never seen before.
    Models INC is doing well, especially as it's been shown onve before last year. I expect Footballers' Wives to lessen in figures now as its on a repeat run and I think these will be the end of the run.

I'm surprised Models Inc is doing so well considering it is so bad but I suppose it makes good hangover TV on a Sunday.

Regarding Falcon Crest, it will continue in the 9am weekday slot and Jake and the Fatman takes over its 7pm slot from next Tuesday.
  • Options
    kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kind of surprised melrose place didnt makle it on to that list

Shouldnt that really be called top 3 shows? ;)
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin dont show CBS Drama, the mean things :(:(:(

Theres been some pretty good shows over the years worth repeating such as Dynasty (I am having to rent them from Lovefilm at the mo) the laughable but enjoyable Return To Eden, Sons and Daughters (NOW that is worth repeating) and many others.

WISH Virgin would get their flamin fingers out and transmit this channel after all most of the channels are run by Sky and they are co-operating much more than they were in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

Theres been some pretty good shows over the years worth repeating such as Dynasty (I am having to rent them from Lovefilm at the mo) the laughable but enjoyable Return To Eden, Sons and Daughters (NOW that is worth repeating) and many others.

WISH Virgin would get their flamin fingers out and transmit this channel after all most of the channels are run by Sky and they are co-operating much more than they were in the past.

Sons and Daughters? I didn't know they had showed that...I would love to see that again as well. Haven't seen that since it was originally shown back in the mid-80s (I think it was on ITV)

All together now: "Sons and Daughters, Love and Laughter, Joy and Sadness and Happiness..." (amazing how I can remember the theme tune after all these years) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Theres been some pretty good shows over the years worth repeating such as Dynasty (I am having to rent them from Lovefilm at the mo)

Can I ask you about your Lovefilm account? Is it any good? What sort of choice is there? Is Knots Landing on Lovefilm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good news - I checked the EPG thingy on Sky last night and it seems that CBS Drama have realised their mistake and are now showing the rest of Return to Eden this weekend! :D

For some reason they are repeating episodes 3 and 4 from last week on Saturday, with the final two episodes being shown on Sunday, but hey, so long as I get to see the ending now, I'm happy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask you about your Lovefilm account? Is it any good? What sort of choice is there? Is Knots Landing on Lovefilm?

Hello I have been with Lovefilm for about 4 years now and they are pretty good, and reasonably priced with different packages. I pay about £7.99 a month for 4 DVDs per month, with 2 allowed at any one time. Have a look at their website, just google Lovefilm

And yes, I do think Knots Landing should be available. Must admit I was never a fan, although my former wife was. [/I]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sons and Daughters? I didn't know they had showed that...I would love to see that again as well. Haven't seen that since it was originally shown back in the mid-80s (I think it was on ITV)

All together now: "Sons and Daughters, Love and Laughter, Joy and Sadness and Happiness..." (amazing how I can remember the theme tune after all these years) :D

Sons and Daughters has never been shown on CBS Drama. What I meant was that it could be in the future hopefully. Channel 5 repeated it a few years back, first showing it on a lunchtime for a couple of years, then moving it to a 5 oclock in the morning slot on Saturdays and Sundays (How Daft!) meaning I had to record them to watch them whilst having brekkie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello I have been with Lovefilm for about 4 years now and they are pretty good, and reasonably priced with different packages. I pay about £7.99 a month for 4 DVDs per month, with 2 allowed at any one time. Have a look at their website, just google Lovefilm

And yes, I do think Knots Landing should be available. Must admit I was never a fan, although my former wife was. [/I]

As far as I know only the first1 or 2 seasons are available on DVD anyway.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im glad im not the only one who has been watching footballers wives again!! :D iv watched all 5 series again this year (though i watched the first 2 on Fiver - one per week for like 4 months)
  • Options
    annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having Dynasty on series link is my guilty pleasure!! I remember it first time round as well when I was at school. Although it seems quite clunky now, it's still very enjoyable. You can't beat Joan Collins for value as Alexis. I notice that series 9, which is the last one, is starting next week, and have to agree with other posters that they could show the reunions, or The Colbys next.

Also would love to see Knots Landing again, loved all the neighbours in that more than Val and Gary Ewing. Let's hope someone at CBS is listening!
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news - I checked the EPG thingy on Sky last night and it seems that CBS Drama have realised their mistake and are now showing the rest of Return to Eden this weekend! :D

For some reason they are repeating episodes 3 and 4 from last week on Saturday, with the final two episodes being shown on Sunday, but hey, so long as I get to see the ending now, I'm happy! :D

That's great news. I know what I'll be watching from my sick bed this weekend.

There are so many great shows that CBS could air once their current crop of soaps are finished. My wishlist of programmes for them to air would be Central Park West, Savannah, Titans, Dirty Sexy Money, Paper Dolls, The Colbys, Flamingo Road and Dallas.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I cannot believe that Dynasty gets around 40,000 viewers at 8am in the morning! I thought I was the only one!! No wonder GMTV's viewing figures are hitting the floor at the moment...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know, I cannot believe that Dynasty gets around 40,000 viewers at 8am in the morning! I thought I was the only one!! No wonder GMTV's viewing figures are hitting the floor at the moment...!

Does it count if you sky plus it? (that's what I do)
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it count if you sky plus it? (that's what I do)

i think it does in the final ratings (the ones on this page) but it doesnt on the over nights