Should Weed Smokers Protest Next?

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    What do we want?

RIZLAS!

When do we want them?

...Oh ....like whenever it's convenient for you dude..... I don't wanna cause you any hassle or anything.... man.

:D:D:D
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asarualim wrote: »
    I've found the opposite actually. When I'm stoned I'll work for hours on my music, but lack the motivation or creative urge to do so when I'm not stoned.

I'm like this too, when I'm stoned I can actually focus and get into a task, when sober I'm far too scatty and easily distracted to get anything worthwhile done!
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found the opposite actually. When I'm stoned I'll work for hours on my music, but lack the motivation or creative urge to do so when I'm not stoned.

Listening to music is always better when stoned.

Does it improve your ability to write music though? :)
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member

I want to be in your band.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    same. helps me to focus and slows my head down.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I'm like this too, when I'm stoned I can actually focus and get into a task, when sober I'm far too scatty and easily distracted to get anything worthwhile done!

this

yes :)
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do we want?

RIZLAS!

When do we want them?

...Oh ....like whenever it's convenient for you dude..... I don't wanna cause you any hassle or anything.... man.

And certainly after 'Cash In The Attic' has finished - we wont be leaving the house before then. Oh look, Shaun the Sheep's on!!"
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i think it does. The way I write music requires patience and the ability to listen to the same loop over and over again, making small changes to get it perfect. There's no way I can do that straight, so being stoned really helps. Also, the initial creative spark comes a lot easier when I'm stoned. I've tried doing it without and I can get a few ideas down, but it's not until I've had a smoke that I'll really focus and get a lot done.

Of course, it does result in music that sounds better to the listener if they're stoned too. ;)

I've tried writing music on acid too, but it ended up so dark, with samples of babies crying, that it started to freak me out a bit so I had to stop. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    I want to be in your band.

More the merrier mate. It is funny on the rare occasions when none of us in the band have any weed how little we all get done when we try to jam. We also discovered that coke is poor substitiute, though it did make us all play a lot heavier and faster than normal. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... when's this protest happening? :)
  • rob1973rob1973 Posts: 4,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The meek shall inherit the earth!!!"

Far out man, they can have it. I don't want any hassle from the meek! :D
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really come to the protest until after homes under the hammer is on. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... when's this protest happening? :)

I think it's turning nto a jam session :o:D bloody stoners!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do it tomorrow.........as long as it's not before noon.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legalising cannabis wasn't in the Lib Dem manifesto at all - they scrapped it a few years ago, and replaced it with something about pursuing a "science-based drug policy".

You can protest about that though, as the new legal highs law the government is supposedly proposing was a Tory manifesto promise, wasn't in the coalition agreement, and is most certainly not science-based.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just poted about how the police reform bill plans to effectively disband the ACMD and rewrite the MDA to include personal harm rather than societal harm. Draconian prohibitionism is back

IDS wants to introduce abstinence based drugs treatments too, the heartless, clueless, puritan tosspiece.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/political-science/2010/dec/08/proposals-banning-drugs?CMP=twt_fd

excellent article on it there.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the words of the late great Marlon Brando when asked "what are you rebelling against" ...what have ya got?

HELL yeah I am in,...well I am with ya in spirit anyway, it's just that I have this comfy chair stuck to my arse at moment
    :D
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rob1973 wrote: »
    "The meek shall inherit the earth!!!"

well it's about time they got something, and don't forget, blessed are the cheese makers as well,
    :cool:
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just poted about how the police reform bill plans to effectively disband the ACMD and rewrite the MDA to include personal harm rather than societal harm. Draconian prohibitionism is back

IDS wants to introduce abstinence based drugs treatments too, the heartless, clueless, puritan tosspiece.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/political-science/2010/dec/08/proposals-banning-drugs?CMP=twt_fd

excellent article on it there.
    Thanks for the link, but I really think you should have added a warning that there's a picture of Theresa May on there. It's the eyes. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahahaha Sorry, NSF(ever)
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they legalized the economic deficit would be repaid with munchies alone within a week.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be more like

What do we want?

I don't know do you know why are we here, were's the chocolate
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I'm sure seeing a bunch of stoners rioting on TV would do wonders for their cause and go a long way to removing peoples preconceptions.

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If by protesting you mean getting a pizza and playing on my megadrive then I'm in.

I thought I was the only person alive who still had a megadrive:o
    I mainly play a game called Truxton. But occasionaly play Golden Axe too.. lol oh and Sonic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    golden axe is class, still dont know what the hell is going on on those bonus level bits though, like who are these little elf dudes and whats going on.,