Options

Jedward: 'Florence won't meet expectations'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
Forum Member
Full story: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a294287/jedward-florence-wont-meet-expectations.html

Who do Jedward think they are to come out with this especially because theyre not living up to anyone's expectations with a album that only just scraped the top 20 and their second single only reaching 80. And they are talking about a woman who has had four top 30 hits aswell as a 4 time platinum number one album.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.

Irony abound.
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's Jedward for you - their whole career is based on the 'marmite' type love/hate divide they have in terms of fans. I personally can't stand them....but causing controversy like this is what keeps people writing about them!
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    It's not really controversy, they're just talking rubbish - I would have thought that, considering how well "Lungs" has done, Florence + The Machine have already exceeded the record label's expectations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they serious? Criticising an artist who can actually sing, who is different, and who isn't a prat jumping around stage?

I really do feel sorry for them. After watching their tv show, they are both really really dumb so they probably don't understand anything they say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do come across as genuinely quite confused by the world around them.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    It's not really controversy, they're just talking rubbish - I would have thought that, considering how well "Lungs" has done, Florence + The Machine have already exceeded the record label's expectations.

Quoted for truth.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought the record company would be screaming and shouting about how welll its done considering she had a few flop singles before rabbit heart, and then drumming song flopped after that one. Dogs Days re-release and You've Got the love continued on the success of the album as rabbit heart was now not so much in the rador.

As for the company pushing her to be bigger, i take that statement to mean that florence is trying to break loads of different countries which she has.

She is the biggest british star around atm, well excluding susan boyle. :D
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    Are they serious? Criticising an artist who can actually sing, who is different, and who isn't a prat...

Why not? Simon Cowell does it all the time.
  • Options
    BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well to be fair they kind of have a point, I mean i love florence but her music doesn't have global appeal and thats probably why i like her
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The irony is incredible. Florence is actually a proper artist who can sing and has her own style and Jedward are just daft imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought the record company would be screaming and shouting about how welll its done considering she had a few flop singles before rabbit heart, and then drumming song flopped after that one. Dogs Days re-release and You've Got the love continued on the success of the album as rabbit heart was now not so much in the rador.

As for the company pushing her to be bigger, i take that statement to mean that florence is trying to break loads of different countries which she has.

She is the biggest british star around atm, well excluding susan boyle. :D

Can't agree, Kiss With A Fist, the first release of Dog Days & the US ep A Lot of Love. A Lot of Blood, were hardly promoted & as a result quite limited.

Like a lot of artists (Plan B springs to mind) the singles promote the albums & the surge in album sales confirm this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just gotta laugh, really....

Florence has a big future in front of her, Jedward are probably just jealous.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    this time next year everyone will have forgotten about jedward. they are only just scraping along now because of all the television interviews they do and they are still struggling to sell records...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Florence fan, but Jedward need to STFU. Seriously!
  • Options
    DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to read the story several times over to understand what Jedward were talking about. I don't think they're fit to comment on an artist who's album was near-perfect, while their's was bargain bin cover songs for kids parties.
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Who??
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill them with fire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    Who??

As in who's Jedward or who's Florence?

If it's Florence who you dont know then she was the most highly anticipated female artist of 2009 and received the Critics Choice Award at the 2009 Brits. Her debut album, 'Lungs', reached number 1 and went 4xPlatinum. Her album earned her the mastercard best album award at the 2010 Brit Awards. Her four top 30 hits are: "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)", "Youve Got The Love", "Youve Got The Dirtee Love" with Dizzee Rascal and "Dog Days Are Over". Whilst not being as successful as the four that were just mentioned, "Kiss With A Fist", "Drumming Song", "Cosmic Love" and "Heavy In Your Arms" still all managed to chart within the top 75. So she has had all together eight singles that have charted in the top 75.

Whilst Jedward are two bratty kids from The X Factor, who thanks to Louis Walsh are under the impression that they have talent. Their first single, which featured Vanilla Ice who used to be a credible rapper before this, reached number two and was a mashup called "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)". They went onto release a cover off "All The Small Things", which was a good song until they covered it, it only reached 80 in the chart...ouch! Also their album 'Planet Jedward' reached 17. Basicly they are like gum on your shoe, you just want to get rid off it but its grasping on for dear life.
  • Options
    RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I'd imagine Florence has pretty much met, if not exceeded, the label's expectations. Her album's sales have been phenomenal and she's pretty much cracked America. It's a pretty ridiculous statement to make tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not listen to them. Obviously she has far exceeded her label's (and anyone's tbh) expectations. They so don't know what they're on about. They think she's country fgs!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Because these two numpties aren't at all predictable, are they? :eek::p
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward have the biggest selling album of the year.

In Ireland.

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their first single, which featured Vanilla Ice who used to be a credible rapper before this

Wait.

How did this pass without comment.

:p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Whilst Jedward are two bratty kids from The X Factor, who thanks to Louis Walsh are under the impression that they have talent. Their first single, which featured Vanilla Ice who used to be a credible rapper before this, reached number two and was a mashup called "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)". They went onto release a cover off "All The Small Things", which was a good song until they covered it, it only reached 80 in the chart...ouch! Also their album 'Planet Jedward' reached 17. Basicly they are like gum on your shoe, you just want to get rid off it but its grasping on for dear life.

And not to mention I think Jedward's album was full of cover versions, wasn't it? :eek:
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blatant trolling from Jedward

Their PR people where probably thinking they need them back in the news for a bit so they mulled over something aggravating and out of nowhere for them to say to get a reaction so they thought "I know, lets get Jedward to put down Florence and the Machine".

In fact I hope they keep this up just for the lols, next week I want to see them come out and say that muse are losing their touch when performing live.