The Official DS Singles Dating Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe you but thousands wouldn't! :D

He just tinkers. It gives him something to do I guess.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I believe you but thousands wouldn't! :D

He just tinkers. It gives him something to do I guess.

Keeps him out of mischief I guess! My friend's husband also tinkers with cars. The amount of times she's come home and found an engine on the kitchen table! Drives her mad!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be worse...at least he doesn't spend all his time doing his correspondence! :D

e2a I don't even know what I mean. Just wanted to mention correspondence!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be worse...at least he doesn't spend all his time doing his correspondence! :D

e2a I don't even know what I mean. Just wanted to mention correspondence!

That word always reminds me of Gabbi :D

That and "meal for one" :D Clearly before he met Babe :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could I forget the meal for one?! :D

Poor Gabs. I hope he knows we jest out of love. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off for a bit now but lovely to talk to you..catch you soon x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off for a bit now but lovely to talk to you..catch you soon x

Yes, we do jest out of fondness.

Enjoy your evening x
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone :)

Glad to see this topic resurrected again, hopefully we'll manage to keep it afloat this time :)

Not much has changed with me, I'm still single. Only this time I've got fibre optic broadband, lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirela wrote: »

Glad to see this topic resurrected again, hopefully we'll manage to keep it afloat this time :)

Not much has changed with me, I'm still single. Only this time I've got fibre optic broadband, lol :D

Hey you! Good to hear from you again!

And congrats on the fibre optic broadband :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey you! Good to hear from you again!

And congrats on the fibre optic broadband :D

Hiya BG :D

Lol, it's definitely an improvement, happily I haven't had any problems with it so far. Hoping this thread will get back to being like the old days, I remember the laughs we all had!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya BG :D

Lol, it's definitely an improvement, happily I haven't had any problems with it so far. Hoping this thread will get back to being like the old days, I remember the laughs we all had!

We did have a laugh didnt we? Hopefully we can recreate it again. x
  • GabbitasGabbitas Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    I want you all to know I love you too :D xx

Hi Mirela :)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Howdy, nice to see you back on here again. Yeah this single thing sucks, but I suppose it is my fault for not doing much about it.

Get these tests out of the way and then I will try and do something about that.

Glad your fibre is going ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howdy peoples. No work today, which is good, but a long day tomorrow.

I think I may have a wander around town in a buit just to see what is going on.
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabbitas wrote: »

:(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabbitas wrote: »

Hi Mirela :)

*waves* :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Howdy, nice to see you back on here again. Yeah this single thing sucks, but I suppose it is my fault for not doing much about it.

Get these tests out of the way and then I will try and do something about that.

Glad your fibre is going ok

Hello, it's not perfect (still cuts out now and then) but I still prefer it to plain old broadband.

It's weird, I'm not really sad about being single but at the same time I wouldn't complain about meeting someone. Thing is I'm not into dating sites :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice to see you Mirela. I reckon we'll keep the thread going now...hopefully!

We got Fibre Optic broadband last year and it really made a difference to our download speeds.
    It's weird, I'm not really sad about being single but at the same time I wouldn't complain about meeting someone. Thing is I'm not into dating sites :/

Are there any groups near you that you could join?
    howdy peoples. No work today, which is good, but a long day tomorrow.

I think I may have a wander around town in a buit just to see what is going on.

Hope you have/had a nice time in town.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Btw.....

If anyone that's reading this thread hasn't posted here before then please do! The thread started out 3 or 4 years ago as a place for single people to chat about general dating things, give each other advice, even meet-up! etc but as everyone got to know each other it turned into more of a general chat thread and non-single people also joined in.

So if you are single and want to chat dating then please join in or if you are in a relationship and just want to chat please join in too.New members very welcome! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, it's not perfect (still cuts out now and then) but I still prefer it to plain old broadband.

My broadband failed again this morning, I thought it was getting better as I have not had a problem for over 2 weeks, but it seems like I may have to have a look around.
    Sad really as i like to support a local company.
    It is time to email the engineer

i am not sad as such, but sometimes I do get a bit lonley and think it would be nice to have company.

I tried a couple of dating sites, but I have not really put the effort into it. My problem is confidence or the lack of it even at my age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hope you have/had a nice time in town.

I did not go after, i went to see my Dad and then popped into Sainsburys and got some cat food and a steam mop. that is the highlight of my day. :)

I may have a look on Monday.

Flipping warm I know that much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am not sad as such, but sometimes I do get a bit lonley and think it would be nice to have company.

I tried a couple of dating sites, but I have not really put the effort into it. My problem is confidence or the lack of it even at my age.

I don't think anyone is truly really confident, you just have to fake it and remember that everyone else is faking it as well.

Dress smart, keep good eye contact and practise small talk. That's my advice anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone is truly really confident, you just have to fake it and remember that everyone else is faking it as well.

Dress smart, keep good eye contact and practise small talk. That's my advice anyway.

Good advice missy. If you "act" confident, then you feel confident.

I've done that countless times at work. I'm like a swan. On the outside you're confident and serene. Underwater, you're paddling like mad. It works though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You come across as very confident BG. I don't think I'd have had the confidence to go on national tv for a few weeks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You come across as very confident BG. I don't think I'd have had the confidence to go on national tv for a few weeks!

I am now, but I havent always been.

I think confidence comes with age. I think you have to feel comfortable in your own skin and you get to a point where you dont really care what people think about you.....

Long gone are the days when I worried about what I looked like, what I said etc.....now I just do what I want, wear what I want, say what I want (within reason!!). It all comes down to experience/age/confidence...and some people take longer to get all of that.....everyone is different