Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the kid's voice in the ad for Kinder chocolate..
    'Muuum...Teddy's very very not well....I think a kinder chate would make him better.'
    That kid's voice could cut steel.
    Also it's the child manipulating the mother who then condones hos behvior and joins in the deceit. For me it's the worst advert right now

Any advert where they have a child doing the voiceover, squawking in a faked child-like manner, mispronouncing things or whining to Mummy or Daddy makes me want to smash my TV.

Why do they think that adults want to hear somebody else's kid whining about what they want or did on a TV advert?

Parents can barely stomach their own kids' whining, let alone some shrill and annoying little s**t on an advert.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    Simply Be. What's with that awful female 'singing' with all those glottal stops?? Horrible!!!!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    "Teddy's very very not well"
    Me: **** off you irritating urchin gobshite :D
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Any bingo ad, especially the ones with "national treasure" Barbara Windsor squawking like a parrot on helium.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    They're not intended as dolls.

I have all nine of them, bought cheaply on ebay. They're really intended for adult soft toy collectors as a souvenir of Compare the Market. On the bottom is says that they not suitable for children under 10 months and if you are giving it to a child of any age, all clothing, labels and detachable items must be removed. Doing that would make them just an unrecognisable soft toy, not associated with the product at all.

I just hope you're being ironic. If not - then the 'adult soft toys' don't look anything like meerkats, either!
  • Options
    MoFoHoMoFoHo Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    Any advert where they have a child doing the voiceover, squawking in a faked child-like manner, mispronouncing things or whining to Mummy or Daddy makes me want to smash my TV.

Don't forget another very annoying trend (though not as common)....
    The "kids make an advert" advert!

I've seen this used recently for Cheerios, and (I think) Bisto gravy!
    My son has never once wanted to make an advert for cereal or gravy. GRAVY!
    For goodness sake...
    Makes my skin crawl this trope/meme is just so awful.

Oh, and (as has been mentioned previously lots of times) ANY advert with hipsters, especially hipster couples. I'm looking at you Trivago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    ooh here's one thats really getting on my tits at the moment, the iWatch advert!!! The song played in it is just the beginning! But the fact that whoevers using this particular iWatch has scheduled at run for 10:09am, then setting reminders to "meet with Julia" where do Apple users find all this time from???? Get a f*****ing job!!!!
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money Supermarket

Sharon Osbourne is awful and Snoop Dog wasn't much better.

Bring back the 'There are no wolves in Croydon' bloke.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Money Supermarket

Sharon Osbourne is awful and Snoop Dog wasn't much better

Bring back the 'There are no wolves in Croydon' bloke.

I can not bare any of those adverts.
  • Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That advert with the Sound of Music song on it (so long farewell etc) I do like the Sound of music but it so irritates me when a good song is ruined by a trashy advert.
  • Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that totally p*****s me off is the mandatory 30 second adverts you have to watch on Youtube with no option to skip the advert.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't remember what it's for but they've got a girl singing a really wimpy, drippy version of "That's Entertainment" by The Jam. How dare they? >:(. If Paul Weller gave permission then I'm lost for words. What next? drippy covers of "Anarchy in the UK" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit"?
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how some of the most heavily advertised products are, in real life, quite dull:

Insurance:
    Advert: meerkats! stand up comedians! Winston Wolf! You're so cool! You've got a big arse and twerk it! Fun fun!
    Reality: : scroll. click. sigh. type in details. click. scroll. sigh. type in debit card details. type them in again after mis-typing your 16 digit number. Bought and forgotten about immediately.

Cars:
    Advert: fun! young good looking people! open roads, even in the city (which are usually in Spain and never filmed in the UK)! More fun! Other people think you're so cool!
    Reality: rush hour traffic. Bluetooth not really connecting properly. Stuck behind a caravan

Gambling:
    Advert: OMG gambling is amazing, I do it at the bus-stop, while talking to a friend, Jeremy Kyle ad bumpers, I always win! Barbara Windsor!
    Reality: it's no fun, you'll always lose in the end
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert with Paul Whitehouse trying to do quirky funny characters is an instant turn over for me.

That guy used to be good back in the day, now he does some of the worst adverts ever with terrible forced over acting.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Can't remember what it's for but they've got a girl singing a really wimpy, drippy version of "That's Entertainment" by The Jam. How dare they? >:(. If Paul Weller gave permission then I'm lost for words. What next? drippy covers of "Anarchy in the UK" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit"?

There is a big backlash against these wishy washy covers.

They just get some soft spoken English girl to "sing" or speak the words to classic songs, and it is so damn annoying.

Here's some more they could do to annoy us:

Ace of spades - Motorhead
    Black dog - Led Zeppelin
    Smoke on the water - Deep purple
    You shook me all night long - AC/DC
    Paranoid - Black Sabbath
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    This. do people really have a problem with this? I imagine most people go straight from check in to security anyway and whilst sometimes I'll need a couple of seconds to work out which pocket I've put my boarding pass in I can never say it's caused me that much difficulty.

Also the bottom-slapping thing is beyond creepy.

the worst thing about this ad is the smug look on the middle class woman's face
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now before I start I have to admit I like a bit of Green &Black choccie... the ginger one is gorgeous.

BUT how fcuking pretentious is their advert ? A bunch of mediawhore "celebrity" chefs sitting around a dinner table telling us poor ordinary people how fantastic the chocolate is. Just fcuk right off you bunch of knobjockeys.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These things are mostly subjective, if you don't like the person that is featured in the commercial, then it can put you off.
    Personally I cannot stand Joe Pasquale's voice, nails on a chalkboard to me.
    He may be the nicest guy in Christendom, kind to animals, children and elderly people, but when he voices that "underdog" insurance ad, I feel like screaming.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    The new Simply be advert is so annoying, lots of photographs with a background of some terrible drippy out of tune song.

It has taken first place in my list of hated ads, knocking off the top spot the one with ' are you afraid it will feel like a nasty glue???'
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »

Ace of spades - Motorhead
    Black dog - Led Zeppelin
    Smoke on the water - Deep purple
    You shook me all night long - AC/DC
    Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Nothing by Metallica? ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Cars:
    Advert: fun! young good looking people! open roads, even in the city (which are usually in Spain and never filmed in the UK)! More fun! Other people think you're so cool!
    Reality: rush hour traffic. Bluetooth not really connecting properly. Stuck behind a caravan
    Spot on. Also:-
    GPS/Bluetooth/Voice recognition? - certainly sir.
    Spare tyre? Afraid not - here's a can of crazy-foam & glue to repair your shredded tyre instead>:(
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These things are mostly subjective, if you don't like the person that is featured in the commercial, then it can put you off.
    Personally I cannot stand Joe Pasquale's voice, nails on a chalkboard to me.
    He may be the nicest guy in Christendom, kind to animals, children and elderly people, but when he voices that "underdog" insurance ad, I feel like screaming.

I've got the same problem with the Planter shampoo ad. I cannot stand Mariella Frostrup's voice!
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem with the Planter shampoo ad. I cannot stand Mariella Frostrup's voice!

I get what you mean coldcomfort, and I empathise a bit, but being a card carrying raving heterosexual of a certain age, Mariella is like catnip to a cat for me!
    Incidentally, while searching for an example of the commercial, I discovered that it's Plantur, not Planter.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have some kid's channel on right now until the little b*gger goes to nursery. I've heard/seen the annoying ad for some kind of potty training pads that look like sanitary pads with a young girl pretending to be a teacher (badly) and a class full of babies. I'm about throwing the TV out the window right now.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member

But its sold over nine million bottles in Germany alone...
This discussion has been closed.