Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• PowerStormPowerStorm Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    What an overreaction. How is it messing it up for all of us when there is plenty of people in the UK that have access to that channel?

No, I agree with the original sentiment. Channel 4 is available to everyone in the UK, Fox to just a minority. Channel 4 could have bought this - and all the signs were that they would - and all those who are enjoying Agents of Shield could have equally enjoyed Agent Carter.

I'm not going to buy myself a Sky subscription just to watch the series.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerStorm wrote: »
    No, I agree with the original sentiment. Channel 4 is available to everyone in the UK, Fox to just a minority. Channel 4 could have bought this - and all the signs were that they would - and all those who are enjoying Agents of Shield could have equally enjoyed Agent Carter.

I'm not going to buy myself a Sky subscription just to watch the series.

One doesn't need a sky subscription. A £7 nowtv, netflix-like, subscription for 1 month would be sufficient.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    good luck with the recovery!

think they should acknowledge that fitz is getting better though.

Thanks so much, it's been a long slog (spent 9.5 months in hospital) but I'm getting there slowly.

I do agree with you re someone should say something about Fitz starting to pick things up again.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    One doesn't need a sky subscription. A £7 nowtv, netflix-like, subscription for 1 month would be sufficient.
    Well it'll be two months at least. (8 eps isn't it?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it'll be two months at least. (8 eps isn't it?)

It depends on the length of catch up. If episodes are available for a month then one could start subbing half way through the run of episodes.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Thanks so much, it's been a long slog (spent 9.5 months in hospital) but I'm getting there slowly.

I do agree with you re someone should say something about Fitz starting to pick things up again.

yeah did notice you had stopped posting as much. stay strong.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »

I also give you good luck towards your recovery
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Does Brain damage work that way?

The short answer is yes.

With training through brain exercises and stress reducing diets, the brain can find alternate neural pathways to access previously stored information and create neuronal networks to the point that the brain damage might not be detectable or in some cases regenerating those pathways through neuronal regenerative chemicals (axonal regrowth factor) or through neuronal growth inhibitors. Certain diets aimed at stress reduction can help with the healing process and certain memory exercises will help, too.

Famous cases of this include Carmelite nuns who had all of the brain damage (plaques) associated with Alzheimer's disease but none of the symptoms and Boris Godunov a ballet dancer who claimed he had a balance problem but none could be found on exam but whose autopsy years earlier showed two strokes that would have crippled or killed normal people.

It's a long road to recovery but it can be done.

Having said that, I doubt Fitz actually had brain damage. He's recovering much too quickly which leads me to believe that Fitz actually had PTSD. I thought so from the start but the events of this season lead me to believe his problem was psychologic and not organic. Re: his mammalian diving reflex should have kicked in so his brain would not have been deprived of oxygen and hence no brain damage. And as we've seen in his subconscious discussions with Jemma, Fitz's neural pathways regarding sensory stimulation, memory and the learning were all intact. But, his only outward disorder was his inability to get out the right ideas or words but his motor functions were otherwise intact. So, his problem is likely emotional, behavioral or psychologic.

I'd have said PTSD... And, transient recovery from that is faster than from organic brain damage but Fitz can and will have flash backs which we've seen of sorts.

So, Fitz did or said something extraordinarily emotionally or psychologically traumatic for him and to emotionally cope with that he had to put up a mental barrier to protect him from facing the consequences of his actions. Now, I'm hoping by next season I get to find out what that was! :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    It depends on the length of catch up. If episodes are available for a month then one could start subbing half way through the run of episodes.
    Sorry. I assumed you were referring to the TV channel, who will show one per week. Though I would think that all the eps wouldn't be made available on catch-up until they've all be shown on TV. But I could be wrong, of course :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. I assumed you were referring to the TV channel, who will show one per week. Though I would think that all the eps wouldn't be made available on catch-up until they've all be shown on TV. But I could be wrong, of course :)

NP, right now it's not clear what agreement is in place for catch up with the NowTV service. However with The Walking Dead on FOX it was something like 30 days after broadcast for each episode.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Info for Season 3 AoS and AC: panel at San Diego Comic Con 2015

http://screenrant.com/comic-con-2015-agents-shield-agent-carter/

Comic-Con 2015: Marvel Sets ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ & ‘Agent Carter’ Panel

By Molly Freeman
    Marvel’s cinematic universe has been growing on television both on ABC (with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter) as well as on Netflix with Daredevil and the rest of The Defenders. While the Netflix side is newer, Marvel’s TV universe is going strong on ABC with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. set to enter its third season this fall, and Agent Carter to return for a second outing.

While Marvel Studios won’t be appearing at San Diego Comic-Con this summer for its usual Hall H madness, Marvel TV is making sure its agents will be present. Both of its ABC shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, will host a panel at SDCC to be moderated by Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb.

ScreenCrush is reporting that cast and producers of both Agents series will appear for a panel in Ballroom 20 on Friday July 10th at 3PM. For Agent Carter, the show’s stars Hayley Atwell and James D’Arcy will appear with executive producers Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Chris Dingess, and Louis D’Esposito.

Additionally, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain de Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge will appear along with recently promoted series regulars Henry Simmons, Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood and Luke Mitchell. Executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeff Bell will also represent Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at SDCC.

Agent Carter seems to have a smaller presence than its fellow Marvel show at the panel, likely because its second season won’t premiere until early 2016. Perhaps the cast and producers can talk about what fans can expect from the longer season.

On the other hand, since Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 is set to premiere this fall, the show will likely have more to present, either in terms of footage or information about what fans can expect. The season 2 finale left viewers with quite a few questions – not the least of which is the future of Henstridge’s character, Jemma Simmons. Although the cast and producers assuredly won’t be able to give straight answers for many of these questions, they may be able to expand upon the larger story arcs of season 3.

The finale hinted at storyline focused on Skye’s Secret Warriors, so perhaps the executive producers could provide some insight into how that will be developed. Or, with various other storylines expected to develop in season 3, including the potential of a lot more Inhumans undergoing Terrigenesis, there is plenty for the cast and producers to talk about.

That being said, no matter what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter bring to Comic-Con this year, Marvel fans will surely enjoy the presence of at least one part of the MCU – even if it’s not in Hall H.
    Next: Marvel Studios Films vs. TV Shows

The Marvel TV comic-con panel featuring Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter will be held in Ballroom 20 on Friday July 10th @3PM.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns for season 3 on Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 @9PM on ABC. Agent Carter returns for season 2 in early 2016.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know which eps of s2 straddle the Age of Ultron movie ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know which eps of s2 straddle the Age of Ultron movie ?

19 The dirty half dozen and 20 Scars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19 The dirty half dozen and 20 Scars.
    ^thanx for this - I stopped watching cos I knew I wouldn't be seeing the movie at the cinema. This makes restarting simples and saves me having to rewatch EVERYTHING. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^thanx for this - I stopped watching cos I knew I wouldn't be seeing the movie at the cinema. This makes restarting simples and saves me having to rewatch EVERYTHING. :)

Np. The first episode leads directly into the film and the second episode has a big spoiler for the film :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^roll on the September DVD Release :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final ratings in millions (overnight and 28 days later) for the 2nd half of the series:

"Aftershocks" #14 1.11 1.22 w/e 29 Mar 2015
    "Who You Really Are" #20 0.94 1.1 w/e 5 Apr 2015
    "One of Us" #12 1.27 1.51 w/e 12 Apr 2015
    "Love in the Time of Hydra" #19 1 1.18 w/e 19 Apr 2015
    "One Door Closes" #15 1.06 1.23 w/e 26 Apr 2015
    "Afterlife"# 15 1.07 1.19 w/e 3 May 2015
    "Melinda" #12 1.15 1.26 w/e 10 May 2015
    "The Frenemy of My Enemy" #21 0.89 1.05 w/e 17 May 2015
    "The Dirty Half Dozen" #18 0.94 1.08 w/e 24 May 2015
    "Scars" #10 1 1.15 w/e 31 May 2015
    "S.O.S." #15 1.07 1.22 w/e 7 June 2015
    "S.O.S." #11 1.13 1.26 w/e 14 June 2015
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How likely are channel 4 going to repeat season 2. Do they give it another run on e4? As I have only got up to episode 10 I think. I need to catch up before season 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    How likely are channel 4 going to repeat season 2. Do they give it another run on e4? As I have only got up to episode 10 I think. I need to catch up before season 3.

I think they already did repeat Agents so I'm not sure if they'll do it again but I think they did for series 1 before series 2 started.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final ratings in millions (overnight and 28 days later) for the 2nd half of the series:

"Aftershocks" #14 1.11 1.22 w/e 29 Mar 2015
    "Who You Really Are" #20 0.94 1.1 w/e 5 Apr 2015
    "One of Us" #12 1.27 1.51 w/e 12 Apr 2015
    "Love in the Time of Hydra" #19 1 1.18 w/e 19 Apr 2015
    "One Door Closes" #15 1.06 1.23 w/e 26 Apr 2015
    "Afterlife"# 15 1.07 1.19 w/e 3 May 2015
    "Melinda" #12 1.15 1.26 w/e 10 May 2015
    "The Frenemy of My Enemy" #21 0.89 1.05 w/e 17 May 2015
    "The Dirty Half Dozen" #18 0.94 1.08 w/e 24 May 2015
    "Scars" #10 1 1.15 w/e 31 May 2015
    "S.O.S." #15 1.07 1.22 w/e 7 June 2015
    "S.O.S." #11 1.13 1.26 w/e 14 June 2015

regualry 1m viewers. i wonder what current show gets this timeslot on fridays?
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    As we know that Agents Of SHIELD returns in America on the 29th September for season 3.

Channel 4 have yet to announce a premiere date but I'm hoping that we are only a week behind and get it the start of October

However knowing Channel 4 it will properly be the middle or end of October before it starts over in the UK!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    As we know that Agents Of SHIELD returns in America on the 29th September for season 3.

Channel 4 have yet to announce a premiere date but I'm hoping that we are only a week behind and get it the start of October

However knowing Channel 4 it will properly be the middle or end of October before it starts over in the UK!

I would expect them to wait a bit, otherwise they end up in that annoying position of having to take all the annoying breaks. Personally I would rather Channel 4 waited and then was able to show at least the first half in a continued block. However I am patient and don't mind waiting and don't get annoyed that I can't see it straight away. I do understand for those that find that difficult that it can be a bit frustrating that they don't show it quicker.

Swings and roundabouts.
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I would expect them to wait a bit, otherwise they end up in that annoying position of having to take all the annoying breaks. Personally I would rather Channel 4 waited and then was able to show at least the first half in a continued block. However I am patient and don't mind waiting and don't get annoyed that I can't see it straight away. I do understand for those that find that difficult that it can be a bit frustrating that they don't show it quicker.

Swings and roundabouts.

Erm - that's what they do in the US now anyway.

Agent Carter is the 'mid-season' break so they show the whole first half in the US without a break, then have Agent Carter for the next 12 weeks, and then back to Agents of Shield.

So, C4 can start showing it the week after it's been on in the US and not have to split the series up until the bid mid-season break.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well that's what I thought would happen with season 2 but Channel 4 ended up showing the second half of it about a month behind the American showings!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Erm - that's what they do in the US now anyway.

Agent Carter is the 'mid-season' break so they show the whole first half in the US without a break, then have Agent Carter for the next 12 weeks, and then back to Agents of Shield.

So, C4 can start showing it the week after it's been on in the US and not have to split the series up until the bid mid-season break.

Nope, they still took breaks in the first half of last season. Checking Wikipedia there were 2 in part 1.