Options

TRUE BB legends thread..

Comments

• Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nasty Nick has to make the list, he made BB1. I still remember all the fury and outrage he caused, and for something that comes across as rather innocent these days :D
  • Options
    Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    Here is my list!
    Alex Sibley - That's... the way I like it!
    Aisleyne Horgan Wallace - You better know yourself...
    Victor Ebuwa - The Slick Man
    Rex Newmark - "Sorry Dale. Didn't mean to upset your imaginary girlfriend."
    Marcus Akin aka..The Irrepressible Dark Horse.

I've got to admit that was one of the funniest put down lines ever. Completely wasted on Dale though, it deserved a witty reposte.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    I've got to admit that was one of the funniest put down lines ever. Completely wasted on Dale though, it deserved a witty reposte.

Rex was the funniest hm ever - I so missed him this year!
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the definition of a legend (in BB terms)?

Someone who is talked about long after the event
    Someone who provoked strong emotions
    Someone whose involvement was pivotal and unique
    Someone who is ALWAYS brought up in discussions
    Someone who was impossible to ignore
    Someone who is impossible to forget
    Someone who EVERYONE has an opinion about
    Someone like......

Nikki :)
  • Options
    LesleyLuvLesleyLuv Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian D
    Amma
    Alison
    Ticklemeister
    Michelle
    Dan
    Nadia
    Camp Craig
    Makosi
    Science
    Nikki
    Aisleyne
    Brian B
    Mario
    Lisa
    Luke
    Mikey H
    Freddie
    Sree
    Marcus
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »

Someone like......

Nikki :)[/QUOTE]
    Marcus!!
    :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the 6 the thread author said,plus eugene,makosi,angel and jon tickle:):):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone like......

Nikki :)

Although I'm quite a fan of Nikki, that really shouldn't be the criteria for BB legend status.

Otherwise, you could easily say Alexandra is a BB legend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the 6 the thread author said,plus eugene,makosi,angel and jon tickle:):):):):)

Ah I almost forgot... loved Eugene

He was like Freddie without the pompousness
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus
    Tickle
    Freddie
    Jungle Cats
    Jade
    Nikki
    Craig (BB6)
    Rex
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesleyLuv wrote: »
    Although I'm quite a fan of Nikki, that really shouldn't be the criteria for BB legend status.

Otherwise, you could easily say Alexandra is a BB legend.

Join any random bb conversation and toss in the names Alexandria and Nikki - then you will see the difference !
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shanessa's pink dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Join any random bb conversation and toss in the names Alexandria and Nikki - then you will see the difference !

You said...

Alexandra won't be forgotten about by BB viewers any sooner than Nikki will (lets forget the additional exposure Nikki received for her activity outside the house)

Enough said

Alex was the first person to get removed for making threats. Her behaviour in the house determined the course of the series.

Most people on this forum, even those who didn't watch last year, know who Alexandra is. It could be argued "pow pow pow" and "memba I told you" have become things of BB legend in themselves.

Once again, she was the centre of attention in the house and won't be forgotten in a hurry.

I can't imagine anybody being on the fence about her.

My only point is... some people are memorable and court controversy for all wrong reasons. Like Mel Gibson as a film director. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I almost forgot... loved Eugene

He was like Freddie without the pompousness

lol,a classic bb moment was when eugene was telling camp craig he loved nothing better than putting tellys in a tyre,rolling them down a hill,then recording the sound of the resulting explosion! the dumbfounded look on craig's face was priceless!:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said...

Alexandra won't be forgotten about by BB viewers any sooner than Nikki will (lets forget the additional exposure Nikki received for her activity outside the house)

Enough said

Alex was the first person to get removed for making threats. Her behaviour in the house determined the course of the series.

Most people on this forum, even those who didn't watch last year, know who Alexandra is. It could be argued "pow pow pow" and "memba I told you" have become things of BB legend in themselves.

Once again, she was the centre of attention in the house and won't be forgotten in a hurry.

I can't imagine anybody being on the fence about her.

My only point is... some people are memorable and court controversy for all wrong reasons. Like Mel Gibson as a film director. ;)

You cannot serously suggest Alex removal is more talked about then Nikki's return????

Sorry but to the average person outside DS Nikki is and will be remembered long after Alexandria - i guarantee right now you walk down any high st with pics of each and see who is recognised the most......

Has alex won at NTA
    Has Alex had her own show

and 3 years later (will)

alex have a book out
    have an OK column heading into its 3rd year?

Sorry but there is no way Alex has had the impact Nikki has had on BB on or off the forums.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    The BBC has already summed up what history will record in their main news clip announcing the death of the show. Not surprisingly given the lack of quality producing tumbling audiences since no one from anything since BB7 featured - apart from a clip of Lisa and David showing why the show had died. Their choice of HM to show was Nick who started it , Kate who won the most succssful series , Nikki who was certainly memorable and Jade who had most impact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BBC has already summed up what history will record in their main news clip announcing the death of the show. Not surprisingly given the lack of quality producing tumbling audiences since no one from anything since BB7 featured - apart from a clip of Lisa and David showing why the show had died. Their choice of HM to show was Nick who started it , Kate who won the most succssful series , Nikki who was certainly memorable and Jade who had most impact.

Thankyou - i dont recall them using Alexandria either :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot serously suggest Alex removal is more talked about then Nikki's return????

Sorry but to the average person outside DS Nikki is and will be remembered long after Alexandria - i guarantee right now you walk down any high st with pics of each and see who is recognised the most......

Has alex won at NTA
    Has Alex had her own show

and 3 years later (will)

alex have a book out
    have an OK column heading into its 3rd year?

Sorry but there is no way Alex has had the impact Nikki has had on BB on or off the forums.

Whoa steady... no need to give me her CV.

I'm just saying the reason Nikki should be regarded as a BB Legend was because she was an entertaining housemate and made great viewing and this no doubt went a long way in contributing to her success outside the house.

The argument that a housemate is a legend just because they divided opinion and provoke discussion is often condescendingly used by fans of Rex or, for instance, Noirin who can't seem to process the idea that some of us were genuinely bored watching them.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Deleted because I agree with post above me.
  • Options
    titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    I did not like everyone on my list but here is who I think is true legand to BB

Jade
    Nikki
    Makosi
    Victor
    Noirin
    Rex
    Freddie
    Bea
    Marcus
    Charley
    Mario
    Science
    Kate
  • Options
    titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member

I'm just saying the reason Nikki should be regarded as a BB Legend was because she was an entertaining housemate and made great viewing and this no doubt went a long way in contributing to her success outside the house.

The argument that a housemate is a legend just because they divided opinion and provoke discussion is often condescendingly used by fans of Rex or, for instance, Noirin who can't seem to process the idea that some of us were genuinely bored watching them.[/QUOTE]

But that is the reason that they legands is due to the fact that people still talk about them negative or postive. If I was to put a Noirin thread out there now it would get at least 3 pages same with rex. They stay in the memory. I could not stand Rex when he was in the house but a year later I look back and think wow want a great HM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The argument that a housemate is a legend just because they divided opinion and provoke discussion is often condescendingly used by fans of Rex or, for instance, Noirin who can't seem to process the idea that some of us were genuinely bored watching them.

I DO agree with you, i gave a list of attributes - i certainly was not trying to suggest only negative attributes are needed for legendary status - certainly not why i consider Nikki to be so - but i think the networkbabe has proved succinctly why your comparison with Alex is frankly ridiculous - the BBC (not a forum or mag - but the ruddy BBC!!) chose to use a clip of Nikki in their coverage of the end of BB - thats all that needs to be said. imo
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know not alot people liked him but kemal had some classic one liners him and science were brilliant

also derek from the same series and definitely marcus and freddie
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The BBC report showed a clip of Nikki as an example of 'desperate behaviour' seen on the programme. Very tue and not something in which to take pride.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    titfortat wrote: »

I did not like Jade or Nikki but both are legends for the impact they have had.

It might be too early to consider anyone from this years show but I'd hazard a guess that only Marcus and Noirin will stand the test of time and be regarded as BB legends.