Options

Marvel's Agent Carter on FOX UK

varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From twitter:
ABC Studios UK
Breaking news! The highly anticipated Marvel's #AgentCarter will be airing on @FOXtvUK channel in the UK in July

Hopefully I can watch this via NowTV.

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news! Fox UK - thank you!

They also have the rights to season 2 as well.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time it's just a shame that Channel 4 turned it down as it's supposed to be a companion series of Agents of sheild
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does it start
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does it start

Read the opening post
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed at this news. A freeview channel should have bought the rights. Now only Sky viewers can watch it.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed at this news. A freeview channel should have bought the rights. Now only Sky viewers can watch it.

There is nothing should about it. It's all about who pays the money to show it and fox did just that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    From twitter:

Hopefully I can watch this via NowTV.

Should be ok for now TV. Hopefully as well it will be better on demand service than agents of shield. Only having 7 days to watch it is not enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Should be ok for now TV. Hopefully as well it will be better on demand service than agents of shield. Only having 7 days to watch it is not enough

I expect it'll only be 7 days from the comments on the NowTV community forum. It seems FOX shows have short catch-up periods or none at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect it'll only be 7 days from the comments on the NowTV community forum. It seems FOX shows have short catch-up periods or none at all.

Isn't walking dead 28 days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's also available to other contract subscribers like TalkTalk and VirginMedia and contract free on-demand users on NowTV; this last option at £6.99 for a month isn't too bad in this age of Netflix.

There is an offer at the moment to try the NowTV Entertainment (TV series) pass for 1 month for £1 and if one has a Chromecast then there's a new 3 months for free offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you're right, I was going off comments on the forum so it seems that it can vary quite a lot. I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you can watch The Walking Dead, 28 days later?

:D
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    When does it start

July 12th

At last a legal way of watching this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    July 12th

At last a legal way of watching this.

Source? I've only seen July mentioned in the initial announcements.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I just wonder now if Fox will show Agent Carter season 2 quite close to the American airing like they do with shows like The Walking Dead

I am glad though that a UK channel is showing Agent Carter!
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. I was hoping someone would pick this up.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Wayard Pines was premiered on 14/5 and is available until 30/7 so if other shows are similar then it's pretty impressive.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Plus AoS is not available in HD via Sky On Demand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing should about it. It's all about who pays the money to show it and fox did just that

I'm saying a Freeview channel should have paid the money. This means many of us won't be able to see it, which is annoying when it's a Agents Of SHIELD spinoff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also available to other contract subscribers like TalkTalk and VirginMedia and contract free on-demand users on NowTV; this last option at £6.99 for a month isn't too bad in this age of Netflix.

There is an offer at the moment to try the NowTV Entertainment (TV series) pass for 1 month for £1 and if one has a Chromecast then there's a new 3 months for free offer.

Wish I still had TalkTalk...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm saying a Freeview channel should have paid the money. This means many of us won't be able to see it, which is annoying when it's a Agents Of SHIELD spinoff.

It's not exactly fox fault no freeview channel wanted to pay the fee though. channel 4 have apparently yet to take up the option on season 3 of shield. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up on fox as well and the issue of 1 being on sky and 1 being on freeview won't be 1 for much longer.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's an interesting thought. If Ch4 pass on Season 3 of Agents of Shield then it wouldn't be surprising if it ended up on Fox UK since they've now got Agent Carter for 2 seasons.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unfortunately is it a fact of life that freeview channels cannot afford to pay for these shows.

Lost started on Channel 4 and then moved to Sky, simple reason was Channel 4 could not afford to pay what was asked.

24, Supernatural and House started on freeview channels and then moved to pay channels and the freeview could not afford to meet the cost.

Have to say I watch AOS on RTE the Irish Channel(I get it on Virgin as I am in Northern Ireland), they do seem to be willing to spend the money on shows.

Outlander
    AOS
    Vikings
    OUAT

This is a licence paying channel the same as the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    That's an interesting thought. If Ch4 pass on Season 3 of Agents of Shield then it wouldn't be surprising if it ended up on Fox UK since they've now got Agent Carter for 2 seasons.

I think the series fits their E4 demographic a bit more than their C4 one but I doubt that the cost of the show makes sense given the ratings:

"Heavy Is the Head" #12 1.38M
    "Making Friends and Influencing People" #11 1.58M
    "Face My Enemy" #14 1.27M
    "A Hen in the Wolf House" #8 1.48M
    "A Fractured House" #13 1.29M
    "The Writing on the Wall" #12 1.32M
    "The Things We Bury" #15 1.29M
    "...Ye Who Enter Here" #16 1.31/1.44M
    "What They Become" #10 1.45/1.64M
    "Aftershocks" #14 1.11/1.22M
    "Who You Really Are" 20 0.94/1.1M
    "One of Us" #12 1.27/1.51M
    "Love in the Time of Hydra" #19 1/1.18M
    "One Door Closes" #15 1.06/1.23M
    "Afterlife" #15 1.07/1.19M
    "Melinda" #12 1.15M
    "The Frenemy of My Enemy" #21 0.89 M
    "The Dirty Half Dozen" #18 0.94M
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not exactly fox fault no freeview channel wanted to pay the fee though. channel 4 have apparently yet to take up the option on season 3 of shield. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up on fox as well and the issue of 1 being on sky and 1 being on freeview won't be 1 for much longer.

Channel 4 would be idiots to pass on season 3 of Agents Of SHIELD. It gets them their best viewing figures now they no longer have Big Brother and I'll lose all respect for their channel if they don't show season 3.

Fox UK should make their channel available on Freeview IMO.