Classic Companions Survivor Round Fourteen

Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,420
Forum Member
Thanks to everyone who voted in Round Thirteen :)

It was a close run thing this time around with one companion on their own at the top and two others just one point behind. So, with votes from 45% of you it's the "metal mutt" aka K9 that gets sent off for an early bath.

Four of you predicted K9 for a top five placing and, oddly enough each of you are people who had a clean sheet upto this point so you've all fallen from 5 predictions left to four:-

01=) 5 Predictions Left:

+ allisonbm2
+ Eowyn W
+ Gutted Girl
+ TimCypher
+ WelshNige

+ Wryip

07=) 4 Predictions Left:

+ Analysethis
+ brouhaha
+ carefactornil
+ chuffnobbler
+ crazzyaz7

+ kazzabee
+ Solamenn
+ solgang
+ syramu
+ unit4plus2

17=) 3 Predictions Left:

+ KrisHayward
+ Muttley76
+ SheMoore19
+ Verence

As with the last round then as you now need to pick which of the TWO companions listed below you like the least then send them to me via PM. The one with the most votes will be evicted from the game. If you'd like any that aren't evicted to roll forward into the next round all you need to do is type "auto" with your votes & any that have Survived will automatically roll forward into the next round. In the event of a tie cumulative votes will be taken into account.

Here's the Round Fourteen question:-

Some of the Classic series companions had rather poor send offs, particularly when you consider that most of them had spent months on the TV.

Do you think that the production team should have "done an Adric" with one of the other companions and killed them off?
If so, which companion should it have been and how should they have been killed off?

So, it's time to pick your TWO least favourite companions from:-

01) Jamie McCrimmon
02) Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
03) Sarah Jane Smith
04) Harry Sullivan
05) Leela

06) Romana Mark I (Mary Tamm)
07) Romana Mark II (Lalla Ward)
08) Tegan Jovanka

Remember to submit them via PM!!!

Voting closes at 8pm on Thursday 03rd September

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    K9 voted out....how could you meanies do it? :(

I reakon Ace would have been a good one to kill off, would have made a more dramatic end to the classic series.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should have killed off Mel. Who wouldn't have enjoyed watching her get her deserts? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I think Mel's blood on the wall would have appeased SOME of the haters at least, not that Adric's demise did much to appease his :p
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read once Louise Jameson say that she would have much preferred Leela to have been killed off, heroically saving The Doctor, because it would have been more in keeping with her character than the awful send-off she did get. I definitely agree with her there.

On a purely personal, vindictive level, I'm with the posters above on Mel! And Ace, while we're at it :D
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    K9 out?! Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Even though I voted for the little bleeder, I never for one moment imagined he would go. I've been voting "wasted votes" for several rounds now!

Who could have been killed off? Leela would have had dramatic impact. Her death would have left the impervious fourth Doctor seeming a lot less infallible and confident. When to kill her off, though? Something noble, or something pointless?

Adric's death is a really shocking moment, and I think it has such effect because it's so unique. Kamelion's destruction also has a bit of wallop to it, as the Doctor is forced into "murder".

(Okay, so Sara and Katarina also die, and both deaths are awesome on the soundtrack, but they were only shortlived companions and no-one has seen those scenes since 1965!)

Votes PM'd. Really surprised that K9 has gone, and really surprised that Harry is still there.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing off Jo Grant would have had a big impact on the 3rd Doctor particularly if she was killed while trying to save him
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brouhaha wrote: »
    On a purely personal, vindictive level, I'm with the posters above on Mel! And Ace, while we're at it :D

No, not my lovely Ace! :cry:
  • syramusyramu Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of who I'd kill off, because as much as some companions annoy me, TV shows tend to make me really like a character before whacking them, so I usually feel bad. With a lackluster departure, at least there's a chance the person could encounter the Doctor again and have a better adventure/departure.