Mary Tamm in EastEnders

chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
Forum Member
✭✭
I was most surprised to catch sight of the original Romana in 'Stends, last night.

It looks like she will be there for a few episodes yet. She has an Eastern European accent, and might be stringing along Charlier Slater for reasons unknown. Big Mo is suspicious of her, anyway.

She's in very good nick, too.

It might be worth watching, for anyone who fancies seeing the classiest Dr Who Girl of all time!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I thought i recognised her! God that accent is awful isnt it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):love Romana and the second one , pity she wasnt brought back to stir up love trouble axanyway she ended up in the east
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I had meant to mention this - she was a guest at Collectormania at the weekend and had mentioned she was appearing in Eastenders. She also mentioned she has an autobiography out soon! Well, someone in the audience asked her about it and she was very grateful he brought it up!

She was a great guest - classy lady indeed.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Considering Bradley (who himself does a stunning Turlough impersonation) is such a big Doctor Who fan, I'm shocked that he hasn't noticed her yet. Then again, I wonder if he's even seen "Dimensions in Time" (not that I recommend anyone do that!) or knew that Leela used to live up the road before he moved in? The EE/DW crossovers are huge!
  • trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the most glamorous companion to have graced the Tardis, ever!

She was my favourite Dr Who companion. Even when she dressed down, she still looked classy.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary Tamm has done loads of stuff, she was also Penny in brookside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trilobite wrote: »
    Probably the most glamorous companion to have graced the Tardis, ever!

She was my favourite Dr Who companion. Even when she dressed down, she still looked classy.

I agree 100% , just watching The Stones Of Blood DVD and she just has "It". Going to see her at a convention in a fortnight too:)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I reckon she was the best-looking classic companion, and with her being a Time Lord (or rather Lady) she was more than a match for the Doctor. Mary worked really well with Tom Baker.