Forum Member
No one ever is Charity.

Absolutely iconic.

What a night of soap.

Comments

• chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Maybe he was a match for her.

Maybe sneaky Declan out sneaked Charity and made a new Will and found a way round that Pre Nup thingy and sold the house and left any money to Megan.
    and just maybe this new returnee we've been told about will be living in Home Farm.

I hope there is a good twist like this.
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe sneaky Declan out sneaked Charity and made a new Will and found a way round that Pre Nup thingy and sold the house and left any money to Megan.
    and just maybe this new returnee we've been told about will be living in Home Farm.

If the new returnee is the one I'm thinking of that seems unlikely.

I also wonder, did he change his will after he and Katie split up? Be some twist if Katie were the one to inherit!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly that last line just proves that Charity has learnt nothing, hasn't been even slightly humbled by her experience and is as arrogant and remorseless as ever. >:(>:(

Please god Declan changed his will, (although I'm sure he's not dead yet anyway)
    Forum Member

I also wonder, did he change his will after he and Katie split up? Be some twist if Katie were the one to inherit!

I think he changed his Will a few weeks ago.

remember, we saw him on the phone to his Solicitor asking 'That Pre Nup.....is there any way out of it?'

Obviously we didn't hear the voice on the end of the phone, so we don't know what ways out of it there might be.

But he's done something.....must have. be an awful shame if he hasn't outwitted Charity in some way.
    That returnee has a wife.........and in-laws.
    Those in-laws might be rich enough to buy Home Farm.

;-)

Maybe he's rented the place out and because he thought Charity would be dead he was going to disappear after he'd killed her anyway.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like this idea lots.
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I like this idea lots.

I don't think he's dead, do you?

I bet he's sold the house and moved his money to a secret account in The Caymans or something.
    So he could disappear quite easily.
    I think he IS a match for Charity.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre nuptial agreements are not actually legal in this country, and even if they were I imagine Charity and Declan's would be declared null and void after this weeks shenanigans.

I love Charity but if she ends up as lady of the manor after all this I will be very disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    - He managed to almost poison her to death, only to be stopped by her bratty son drinking her wine.

- He tricked her into believing he didn't know about the abortion.

- He would have shot her if Robbie wasn't a giant bag of tools (rip).

I think he did considerably well against her. She was saved by outside forces, not herself. She'll never learn and soon enough she'll tip someone else over the edge. If my name were Samara, I'd be reaching through my TV screen to kill her myself.

*aaaaaand breathe* ^_^
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Sadly that last line just proves that Charity has learnt nothing, hasn't been even slightly humbled by her experience and is as arrogant and remorseless as ever. >:(>:(

Please god Declan changed his will, (although I'm sure he's not dead yet anyway)

Any remorse I had for what I'd done would be gone if the so called innocent party turned into a raving psycho and tried to murder me. :D
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That returnee has a wife.........and in-laws.
    Those in-laws might be rich enough to buy Home Farm.

;-).

Not the one I know of then.

Mind you Emmerdale seems stuck in a loop at the moment; old characters come back, recycling storylines - how many times do we have to go through Dan and Kerry breaking up? - so I'm not overly excited by this news!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    - He managed to almost poison her to death, only to be stopped by her bratty son drinking her wine.

- He tricked her into believing he didn't know about the abortion.

- He would have shot her if Robbie wasn't a giant bag of tools (rip).

I think he did considerably well against her. She was saved by outside forces, not herself. She'll never learn and soon enough she'll tip someone else over the edge. If my name were Samara, I'd be reaching through my TV screen to kill her myself.

*aaaaaand breathe* ^_^

I assume she meant he wasn't as ruthless as her, he had her at his mercy several times and didn't follow through with killing her, when she got the chance she took it big time.

So as it goes not being a match for her isn't bad way to be remembered.

Although to be fair there probably wasn't much else she could have done to protect herself at that point.
  • ReisOreillyReisOreilly Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    He will be alive and tell all about the fire
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,239
    Forum Member

Yes I agree

I loved the episodes and didn't really want Charity to die as she is so enjoyable to watch but this just proves that she will NEVER learn or get a proper comeuppance.

The only thing that could possibly shock her would be Debbie or Noah's deaths but I think she'd get over even them within weeks and be up to her old tricks.

Queen Charity is as invincible as Phil Mitchell in EE.
  • TorchwoodBoyTorchwoodBoy Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was just a metaphor for what Kate Oates is saying to DTC hahaha.

Think both soaps are great, but Emmerdale was fantastic tonight (AND RONNIE WAS IN EASTENDERS AND SHE'S THE GREATEST SOAP CHARACTER AND I STILL THOUGHT EMMERDALE WAS BETTER."
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a better line to end would have been

I made you I can break you.

However is Declan really dead
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    aside from babs unnecessary scebes, eastenders was great. my mum however hates soaps but said Emmerdale was fantastic lol!
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,712
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    No one ever is Charity.

Absolutely iconic.

What a night of soap.

Was very Kim Tate-esque! Brilliiant line!
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be even worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    No one ever is Charity.

Absolutely iconic.

What a night of soap.

Actually it was dire and made what could have been a super episode into a total joke along with Robbie being killed off and possibly Declan.
    Nah, if this is about as far as her comeuppance goes then they can stick it.
    Might be the nail in Oates EPdom that finally gets rid of her. Bit too tacky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he must have made sure that the money is going to Megan, if he hasn't I can't see why she would hang around.

She might come back in a few months with a plan for revenge but unless she is the new owner of Home Farm I can't see why she would be around in the near future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I think he must have made sure that the money is going to Megan, if he hasn't I can't see why she would hang around.

She might come back in a few months with a plan for revenge but unless she is the new owner of Home Farm I can't see why she would be around in the near future.

Jay..
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,956
    Forum Member

Hit the nail on the head, however some people no matter what the circumstances never learn from there experiences and think they are better than everyone else, though i would expect someone like Charity to be humbled even if it is on a temp basis. I suppose what has happened will hit her later on for a short while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In law, if you divorce, any provision made for the former spouse is immediately ‘crossed out’, with the rest of the will valid; if you remarry, your entire will is void, so unless Declan made a new will after his marriage to Charity excluding her, she will get everything.

Then again, laws in soap are literally a law unto their own! Nonetheless, you might find this trivia interesting if you are divorcing or remarrying! ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay..

You mean Jai?

Nah can't see her hanging around for him.

Although maybe he will be so wracked with guilt for thinking she was a poisoner that he will make a special effort to be nice to her.

Surely she will have to find out about him and Leyla soon though.

Talk about kicking a woman when she is down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In law, if you divorce, any provision made for the former spouse is immediately ‘crossed out’, with the rest of the will valid; if you remarry, your entire will is void, so unless Declan made a new will after his marriage to Charity excluding her, she will get everything.

Then again, laws in soap are literally a law unto their own! Nonetheless, you might find this trivia interesting if you are divorcing or remarrying! ^_^

Well we don't know what is in his will, we only know about the pre nup, which as I said is not legally enforceable in UK law.

Don't forget that he also spoke to his lawyer when this all kicked off. I will be amazed if it just all goes to Charity.