Options

My xBox360 Elite Vs New Slim xBox360

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did not include red lights in the latests design, so at least you wont get RROD lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    They did not include red lights in the latests design, so at least you wont get RROD lol :D

LOL! ;) :. I will have to create a fault and see what lights light up with a fault.. LOL..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootycall wrote: »
    LOL! ;) :. I will have to create a fault and see what lights light up with a fault.. LOL..

I think the little power icon on the power button can flash red if any issues occur.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game have confirmed that when you buy the 360 slim it comes with a data transfer cable in the box... useless if your trading your old console for thr new one tho.. !!

Not true, on their webpage it says it's £14.99 for the data transfer cable :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    got mine at gamestation at midnight last night prefer the new one a lot quieter than my old one can hardly hear it when on even is quieter with discs in now also got it because got new broadband yesterday (BT) and have router in different room to xbox and is easier than having the ethernet cables all over the place :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up our new 's' 360s last night (Gamestation @ midnight yay)
    Superbly quiet, liking the bong sound when you press the eject button.
    There is no data transfer cable in the box (I still have mine anyway) but I didn't need it as I had already backup up profile, saves, themes etc onto a USB stick (one each). So no problems there. New power supply is very small and neat, totally different power connector to the console.
    My goodness though it's a fingerprint magnet, almost as bad as my PS3.
    I traded in a Super Elite, 60GB 360, Wii and a stack of games. Good deal for me.
    The DVD drive is almost silent!
    Lovely jubbly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well impressed with it, nowhere near as much noise as the old 360.

I'm so glad I sold my Super Elite and bought this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    The Slim sounds good. Just struggling for money at the moment. Got an Elite which I might trade-in before the trade-in prices drop. What price am I looking at ? :confused:
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    bigbruv11 wrote: »
    The Slim sounds good. Just struggling for money at the moment. Got an Elite which I might trade-in before the trade-in prices drop. What price am I looking at ? :confused:

I got £80.00 for a 60gb pro in game this morning & £14.00 for the wireless adapter.
  • Options
    kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I got £80.00 for a 60gb pro in game this morning & £14.00 for the wireless adapter.

Do Game give different amounts in different stores?

I've asked in a couple and they'll only give me £60 for a 60GB model but £15 for a wireless adaptor. Yet there are a couple of posts on here saying they'll give £80.

Are they franchises that can charge/take what they want or should they have a head office set price for everything?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kingdave wrote: »
    Do Game give different amounts in different stores?

I've asked in a couple and they'll only give me £60 for a 60GB model but £15 for a wireless adaptor. Yet there are a couple of posts on here saying they'll give £80.

Are they franchises that can charge/take what they want or should they have a head office set price for everything?

I think they run two trade in prices one if you trade something in for cash and another price if you are trading in and purchasing something else.
    I hope the link below might help.

http://www.game.co.uk/Tradein/
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigbruv11 wrote: »

For the Elite you'll get £80 Game dropped the value to £80 at the start of July.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=13465&cm_sp=preowned-_-topnav-_-tradein

Those that pre ordered before the change got the £100 trade in value.
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 360 slim is my first console since owning a PS2 many moons ago. I stuck to PC gaming (and still do to an extent) for a long time.
    However, it arrived today free delivery from Amazon at a reasonable £189.99 and i'm very impressed thus far.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a picture of the Xbox 360 and the "new" Xbox 360 next to each other?

I currently have an Elite, 2 controllers, and a wireless n adapter and may see how much it would cost if i trade the lot in as i was looking at upgrading the hard drive for a 250gb version.

I've heard people say this new Xbox feels flimsy and cheap compared to the Elite, is this true?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trade all that in and Im pretty sure you would get almost a straight swap from Gamestation. They gave me £75 for my 60GB Premium plus £6.50 for a wireless headset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a picture of the Xbox 360 and the "new" Xbox 360 next to each other?

I currently have an Elite, 2 controllers, and a wireless n adapter and may see how much it would cost if i trade the lot in as i was looking at upgrading the hard drive for a 250gb version.

I've heard people say this new Xbox feels flimsy and cheap compared to the Elite, is this true?

Try this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT2CKJF4cw0&feature=fvw
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭