Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenilou88 wrote: »
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's a bit odd how that relationship has developed off screen and with her being absent for several episodes. One minute things seem positive, then there's a love triangle, then their married and now this?
    I guess it may involve Puck's dad too, although most of the speculation/spoilers I've seen point to Beiste

It's Glee :) We may, however, find that it's
    not directly related to Shannon and Cooter but could be having an effect on their relationship - ie in her past or in his. However, as far as I am aware, Shannon has been nominated for an Emmy with this storyline so it could simply just be a case of shoehorning some drama into her character for the nomination
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant scene, now if a whole episode was like that, and Rachel was like that all the time, I would start watching again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love it!

It shows that they're still capable of having the occasional 'season 1' moment - it's just a shame they're so few and far between.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant scene, now if a whole episode was like that, and Rachel was like that all the time, I would start watching again.

I know! I feel that is the "real" Rachel, the confident one who gets Finn to do her bidding, doesn't really bow to anyone and all that. I was waiting for the slushiee to get hit.
    Love it!

It shows that they're still capable of having the occasional 'season 1' moment - it's just a shame they're so few and far between.

It's pretty incredible how easy it would be to have more of these moments. I mean put in the do do do da do do (or whatever it really is :p) and a character voice over and it really feels different. I mean the last voice over I can remember was Quinn last season in, was it born this way or prom queen? Where she was looking at the tiaras. Anyway, if you think back to season 1 there were voice overs a lot, and the music in the background. Creates such a different atmosphere.

Oh wait, Becky had the voice over in Yes/No. But that was a bit different..
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, I think it's the music in the background. I was hoping a slushie would hit her, we haven't had one of those for a while!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the music for this week. I SO prefer it when they don't do theme weeks because you get much less variation (whilst I enjoyed the episode, the disco week music just hasn't been appealing me really with the exception of 1/2 stand out tracks...).

Love the contrast of the girls singing "Cell Block Tango" (How amazing is that song?! I can understand why you guys were getting so psyched for it) and "Shake It Out", they are so obviously book end songs to each other and the different perspectives of coping with issues (in this case domestic violence)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know who does the backing singing on the songs?

I've been watching season 1 on E4 and was wondering if the Glee cast sing the backing tracks in the studio or if session singers sing the backing vocals and the cast mime to it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://innypocket.tumblr.com/post/22205689965
    Lea just posted the bottom photo on twitter. Maybe they're doing sit down you're rocking the boat again? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    http://innypocket.tumblr.com/post/22205689965
    Lea just posted the bottom photo on twitter. Maybe they're doing sit down you're rocking the boat again? :D
    I love how everyone looks older, except Kevin who looks basically the same! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how everyone looks older, except Kevin who looks basically the same! :D
    Its really funny, even Chris who looked so young when he started looks so much older and Kevin just stayed the same. :D

Love Rachels dress. The style reminds me of my debs dress. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know who does the backing singing on the songs?

I've been watching season 1 on E4 and was wondering if the Glee cast sing the backing tracks in the studio or if session singers sing the backing vocals and the cast mime to it?

They have studio singers record the tracks and the backing vocals and the cast then sing over the top of those if I remember rightly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quinn's dress is gorgeous, also love Heather's quirky outfit, not so keen on Rachel's and why have they put Amber in that bright purple again, it doesn't do anything for her and the beading at the waist makes her look huge and she's really not. Do love her hair do though and I see Tina's finally remembered she's a Goth!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Quinn's dress is gorgeous, also love Heather's quirky outfit, not so keen on Rachel's and why have they put Amber in that bright purple again, it doesn't do anything for her and the beading at the waist makes her look huge and she's really not. Do love her hair do though and I see Tina's finally remembered she's a Goth!

Really? Rachel's is my favourite I think it's gorgeous :D
    I agree about Tina, I'd forgotten she was a goth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Rachel's is my favourite I think it's gorgeous :D
    I agree about Tina, I'd forgotten she was a goth

I'm not a fan of frilly and it looks like it's got lots of frills, I may prefer it once I actually see it moving if you see what I mean? Also not keen on strapless dresses but I think the colour is gorgeous.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    They have studio singers record the tracks and the backing vocals and the cast then sing over the top of those if I remember rightly.

Thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was the other way round and Santana did the 'squish' verse while Brittany sang the additional parts?

Yep, looks like our vocal coach got it wrong, one of the rare occasions, was indeed Naya singing Squish as well as doing Velma's lines :)

Good episode all round, I'm expecting the various fan sites, Twitter and Tumblr are going to explode with Rachel choking but it made perfect sense to me actually. She'd built it up to such a massive deal and was relying on her go to song that her mind blanked out.
    Been there done that in rehearsals and had a colleague do that in an outdoor production of A Midsummer Night's Dream when I was playing Titania and ended up having to try remember his Oberon lines as well. It's a nightmare and it doesn't matter how many times you practice, when you have the audience there it's utterly different.

Fairly sure they're going down the route of Carmen Tibedeaux hearing Rachel sing at Nationals and giving her another chance for NYADA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite episodes of Glee this season, thought it was emotional, hilarious and shocking.
    Loved the songs too, even like Kurts ones which is a shock.
    Cell block tango / Cry were incredible.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very downbeat episode, but enjoyable nonetheless. It was fairly obvious that Shannon was a) being hit and b) had gone back to Cooter. I wonder how long until this is addressed again?
    I thought the Puck thing was leading up to a full Happy Days style 'teach him in song'. I'm surprised they haven't realised this is a good method for Puckerman.

And where was Quinn? Is she still recovering from being dry-humped by Teen-Jeebus?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened with Puck and his dad? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad episode but I loved it.
    Oh Rachel :( my heart broke for her, I could barely watch it. Have no idea how they can logically still send her to New York next year now. Cry was amazing as well.
    Glad Kurt's audition went well and I enjoyed his song.
    Loved the boys coming together to help Puck. I enjoyed having scenes with a large group and felt very S1like to me.
    I felt horrible for Beiste, I'm not surprised she went back to him, a lot of women do. But I hope she can get herself out again before anything too bad happens. Cell Block Tango was amazing I'd never heard the song before and now I have the proper version on repeat. Although it does emphasis the general issue I have with domestic violence on tv where the man 'always' deserves it when a woman acts violently toward him.
    Overall really enjoyed the episode and looking forward to the prom :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad episode but I loved it.
    Oh Rachel :( my heart broke for her, I could barely watch it. Have no idea how they can logically still send her to New York next year now. Cry was amazing as well.
    Glad Kurt's audition went well and I enjoyed his song.
    Loved the boys coming together to help Puck. I enjoyed having scenes with a large group and felt very S1like to me.
    I felt horrible for Beiste, I'm not surprised she went back to him, a lot of women do. But I hope she can get herself out again before anything too bad happens. Cell Block Tango was amazing I'd never heard the song before and now I have the proper version on repeat. Although it does emphasis the general issue I have with domestic violence on tv where the man 'always' deserves it when a woman acts violently toward him.
    Overall really enjoyed the episode and looking forward to the prom :D

What happened with Puck? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

His father was in it for about 10 seconds, just the clip that was posted on here a few days ago. It was basically motivating him to pass his exams and graduate so the boy's helped him revise but he didn't pass :(
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Puck needed to pass Geography to graduate from High School. He didn't really care about it until he ran into his dad who was a high school drop out. He didn't want to end up like him so all the guys pulled an all night study session to help him out. He got an F for the test anyway. :(

A really good episode again I thought. It made me want to hug a lot of people. Poor Bieste, that was a really heartbreaking storyline. The fact that she went back to him was horribly realistic, but I so wanted her to get out of the situation. I loved how Sue and Roz were supporting her. Those characters were still snarky, but sympathetic and worked really well.

Yay for Kurt that his audition went well! I think he made the right choice of song although he sounded really good on Music of The Night. "Oh god, no more candles" :D

Poor Rachel though. I wonder what's going to happen now? I wonder if NYADA Whoopi will give her another audition? Again there was a sense of realism there that you can plan and plan for something, but it might not work out the way you thought it would.

Other things: I loved Finn's whitboard plan, Blaine's hair talk with Mike and Tina as Christine! They all made me laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that episode. Nice to see Rory pointing out the capital of Ireland. If anyone was going to know most about European georgraphy you'd think it'd be him! Not a fan of Kurt but his song was okay, it's just the random posturing and kicking that annoys me. I know it's part of the character but meh. He sang it well, better than music of the night which for me needs a rougher voice. Blaine was good, not overused and still funny, but then I'm a fan of Darren from his Starkid work so I would think that.

Rachel choking: whilst I hate the fact she did I thought it was realistic. When I was finishing my A levels had a place at my dream University and I self sabotaged and chocked on an exam and lost that place. So I REALLY know what that feels like.You spend all that time making all those plans then poof they are all gone and you somehow have to work out what to do with your life. Also Cry is one of my favourite Kelly Clarkson songs and that whole Album pretty much soundtracked that period of my life...

Bieste: I'd read the spoilers so I knew it was coming but it still made me sad. She's got such soulful eyes. I think we all know that with her going back it's likely to escalate but hopefully she'll get out of there for real soon. I loved the support network of Origional Recipe Sue and Black Sue.

Puck: I was repeatedly struck by how OLD he's looking these days compared with everyone else. Shue will probably find a way for him to graduate anyway.
This discussion has been closed.