Nick Grimshaw

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
Forum Member
✭✭
Obviously this man is the talk of all things showbiz at the moment and his name crops up in many threads. I'm too old for the Radio 1 so I'm not aware of his radio work but I've read that figures dropped when he took over from Evans. I have seen him on various TV shows and my impression lies somewhere between underwhelming to downright irritating and I don't think I've read a single post here or on other forums/comments of him being popular with the public. But he has friends in very trendy circles, despite not coming from the usual background, and seems to be the darling of TV atm so what has he got? What am I missing? Come on NG fans tell me why he deserves the bright future the media think he has.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, come on, someone must have a good thing to say about him!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    Oh, come on, someone must have a good thing to say about him!

He's an irritating, talentless prick!

Is that good enough? ;-)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've run into him in Camden. I got the impression he was a prick, strange really as he was with another quite famous person who was lovely ;)
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got an odd face, don't you think?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got an odd face, don't you think?

looks quite even to me just butt ugly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may be wrong but I'm guessing you lot are not fans? :D But, seriously, someone must like him. Surely Simon can't be wrong? :D
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    He must have something about him to have been as successful as he is, but damned if I know what that is. He irritates me. But he does have lots of famous mates, who all seem to like him, so he's probably a very sweet bloke underneath the irritating chatter and incessant name-dropping.
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong but I'm guessing you lot are not fans? :D But, seriously, someone must like him. Surely Simon can't be wrong? :D

Why not! since when did Cowell know anything about talent or good taste? :p
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's something about him that makes my skin crawl. He's a name-dropper and comes across as a bit of a creep - two things guaranteed to put me off someone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting embarrassing now. Simons golden boy, friend of the glitterati and yet over 750 views and Joe Public can't find a single good word to say about him. In fact, quite the opposite! Someone out there, some ordinary listener or viewer must like him surely? Come on, don't be embarrassed, speak up, defend the Grimboy!!
    Forum Member
    This is getting embarrassing now. Simons golden boy, friend of the glitterati and yet over 750 views and Joe Public can't find a single good word to say about him. In fact, quite the opposite! Someone out there, some ordinary listener or viewer must like him surely? Come on, don't be embarrassed, speak up, defend the Grimboy!!

What is getting embarrassing is your obsession with getting someone to say something nice about the useless tosspot.

Why do you care so much, is your life really that empty, or maybe you are Nick Grimshaw ? :confused:
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him :) (takes cover). I think he can be witty and looking forward to seeing how he comes across to xf fans and if he can win them over like MelB did. I'm more annoyed about Flackers taking over from Dermot to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I like him :) (takes cover). I think he can be witty and looking forward to seeing how he comes across to xf fans and if he can win them over like MelB did. I'm more annoyed about Flackers taking over from Dermot to be honest.

You may be the exception that proves the rule here...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is getting embarrassing is your obsession with getting someone to say something nice about the useless tosspot.

Why do you care so much, is your life really that empty, or maybe you are Nick Grimshaw ? :confused:

I am an embarrassment and my life is emptier than Kerry Katonas bank account its true. So I amuse myself by coming on forums like this and posting on things that I believe are appropriate. On showbiz it's people in the showbiz news, on pets its, well, pets and so on. You see, I think I've just about managed to grasp how this thing works. What I try to do is be polite and not tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing. If I think a thread is a bit daft, and I frequently do, I just ignore it and move on. Enjoy the rest of your day. :D
  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too old for the Radio 1 so I'm not aware of his radio work but I've read that figures dropped when he took over from Evans.

He took over from Chris Moyles, not from Chris Evans. He goes up against Evans, as far as I'm aware.

Listening figures always drop when there's a new long-term host, but he's obviously doing well enough to stay in the slot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    Listening figures always drop when there's a new long-term host, but he's obviously doing well enough to stay in the slot.

Actually Moyles' figures rose when he first started.

I think NG is one of those people who likes to hang out with the IT crowd and as such the fans of those he hangs with then start to listen and follow him.

He certainly isn't doing the breakfast show because of any talent.
    Forum Member
    I am an embarrassment and my life is emptier than Kerry Katonas bank account its true. So I amuse myself by coming on forums like this and posting on things that I believe are appropriate. On showbiz it's people in the showbiz news, on pets its, well, pets and so on. You see, I think I've just about managed to grasp how this thing works. What I try to do is be polite and not tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing. If I think a thread is a bit daft, and I frequently do, I just ignore it and move on. Enjoy the rest of your day. :D

Touch'e! Good to see that you have a sense of humour. :D
    Forum Member
    Damn, and there was me hoping you really are Nick Grimshaw :( I was going to ask you for Harry Styles' phone number...
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of other "cool" celebs of the past: Terry Christian, Amanda de Cadenet, Mark Lamarr

All very cool for a short while, all get stuck in the minds of the public with a certain era.
    All disappeared off the scene as time passes & regarded as naff relics from times past

I suspect Grimmy will go the same way. If you've alienated a vast swathe of the population you have a problem image wise. I honestly can't see him being a figure on the scene in 10 yrs time. Or even 5.

The "I represent yoof" schtick won't work when you're over 35 & Grimmy will be 31 soon.

Im also not sure how this XFActor thing will go.
    Simon Cowell is a powerful & ruthless showbiz figure, if Grimmy is blamed for falling ratings Cowell will drop him like hot cakes.

As an aside: i find Grimmy CRINGY rather than cool. No definition of cool I've ever known involves relentlessly brown nosing celebs & telling cheesy lame ass jokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The reason Grimshaw's kept his Radio 1 gig is because he does well in the teenage/younger adult demographic that R1 was told it needed to attract. I'm guessing Cowell picked him for that reason too.

If his appeal is limited to that demographic, it would explain why he has few supporters on the DS forums...
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be the only person on DS who likes Grimmy.. 😳😳
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steaming great tw*t.

That is all. 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over 2000 views and 2 likes. I hope Simon has a bad debt account! :D
  • Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him in small bursts, like when he goes on other radio shows. He did Innuendo Bingo the other day, on Scott Mills' show.

Used to love listening to Moyles, but Grimshaw is not for me.
    Forum Member
    I like him in small bursts, like when he goes on other radio shows. He did Innuendo Bingo the other day, on Scott Mills' show.

Used to love listening to Moyles, but Grimshaw is not for me.
    I like innuendo bingo. It's bloody funny!