The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Yeah I remember thinking, oh nooooo he's going to do it- how embarassing! And yet by the second night in the tent you were completely drawn into their relationship and its was so perfectly acted- and of course what a bloody good kiss, especially the one outside the laundrette! How ironic that the Greatest Screen Ever should be between 2 men- that's pretty impressive and a great reward for both their acting talents!
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Can I ask FFF were there many men in the cinema? No male I know has seen it and my other half won't watch it with me even though I've said it isn't THAT graphic and it's such a sad story... :o:D

My OH finally gave in and watched it a couple of months ago and, although he denies it, he definately was a bit sniffy during 'Jack...I swear..'

Oh my, the four year reunion kiss .... :D
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad the name of this thread has been changed, and thanks FFF for starting it. It's going to be a nice comfy place to come to talk about Heath without all the horrible comments.
    Loved all the pictures, wow, that man did love his stripes didn't he. I went out and bought a pair of stripey socks this morning in memory of him.
    I've already got a few of his DVD's but I'm going to look out for Candy today.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    I'm so glad the name of this thread has been changed, and thanks FFF for starting it. It's going to be a nice comfy place to come to talk about Heath without all the horrible comments.
    Loved all the pictures, wow, that man did love his stripes didn't he. I went out and bought a pair of stripey socks this morning in memory of him.
    I've already got a few of his DVD's but I'm going to look out for Candy today.

Welcome Jabegy. :) Yes, the other thread has become particularly nasty again.

I saw yesterday HMV have got Candy for £5.49 with free delivery. There's a link further up somewhere. It's a depressing film but it's riveting. Heath and Abbey Cornish are superb in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    veronagirl wrote: »

thats a great article thanks for posting it! makes alot of sense indeed!
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all the replies to my question! Maybe if I keep badgering the OH to watch it with me he might, especially when I say that other men have seen it with their mums/partners etc ;):D
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did he die? What was the verdict? Drugs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pricesout wrote: »
    How did he die? What was the verdict? Drugs?

Read the last few pages of this thread, it's been posted in there.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=734675&page=60
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueEyes wrote: »

can you summarise please. Cannot be bothered to trawl back through pages and pages. Thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueEyes wrote: »

sorry!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He died due to a lethal combination of prescription drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NVM..someone has already replied :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Brokeback Mountain the night before he died... creepy. Anyway, I thought he was great and was absolutely devastated when I heard that he was dead... have loved him since 10 Things... what a loss of such an amazing talent.

He would have been absolutely huge given the chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i first saw him in "10 Things I Hate About You" and although I dont normally like guys with long hair, i found his smile and accent simply gorgeous. I also saw him in "A Knights Tale" and wasnt too impressed with the blond, but loved the look in "The Patriot." I really should see his other films and of course "The Dark Knight."

Beautiful guy and its saddening he lost his life so young. RIP Heath!
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He would have been absolutely huge given the chance.

I dont think he wanted to be huge. He wanted to do roles that were challenging. He'd said that he never got offered the lead roles in blockbusters anymore simply because the studios knew that he'd refuse to do them. He probably only did The Dark Knight because he felt he could something with the role of the Joker, and not because it paid well or because it was high-profile. To be honest, reading between the lines, I don't think he would ever had done 'A Knight's Tale' if he could've rewound the clock. He'd worked hard to disassociate himself with that kind of light-entertainment type film, hence one of the reasons why he took the part in Brokeback Mountain and then Candy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    veronagirl wrote: »

that was a good article, yeah

i still cant believe that he died
  • Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Ned Kelly last week, and I'm suprised it didn't do better at the box office. I thought it was brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    nice to see this thread is still going:).
    I haven't actually seen Candy...the subject matter didn't apeal to me. Has anyone seen it?, is it worth buying?, i'm sure the acting is fantastic if Heath is in it, but is it too depressing?. I'm updating my Heath back catalogue, some of the stuff i have is so old it's on video and the play back is awfull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I just saw something on the news about his cremation... did anyone else see this? :(
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Heath was brilliant, end of.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    nice to see this thread is still going:).
    I haven't actually seen Candy...the subject matter didn't apeal to me. Has anyone seen it?, is it worth buying?, i'm sure the acting is fantastic if Heath is in it, but is it too depressing?. I'm updating my Heath back catalogue, some of the stuff i have is so old it's on video and the play back is awfull.

If you're a Heath fan, then I think you'll like it, despite the subject matter. It's a very intense film, and depressing too, but Heath really is fantastic in it, as is Abbie Cornish. I wanted to get the film out on DVD as it had Heath in it but I was quite cautious when buying it several months back as the subject matter didn't appeal to me at all. But I'm glad I gave it a go as Heath and Abbie really are superb, and there's a great supporting cast too. I wouldn't say that I "enjoyed" the movie (I don't think it's that sort of film), but I really enjoyed the acting performances :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Laura :) are there any sex scenes in it? :o I'm a bit wary of watching them with OH as it really embarrasses me for some reason... :o:D
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I just saw something on the news about his cremation... did anyone else see this? :(

I had read the funeral was expected to be 'Saturday' so I assume so.

Just found this...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/tears-tributes-accompany-heath-ledger-to-his-final-rest/2008/02/09/1202234231953.html

There was a memorial service followed by a very private funeral. It is believed that Heath was cremated.

RIP Heath. You will always be remembered and you will always be loved.

:cry:

I will be lighting a candle for him later on this evening.
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, he's been cremated in Perth after a memorial service. It was on News24 earlier. So that's it.