Remember Me

Comments

• myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I didn't think the second episode was that bad, I mean the first episode was better but I felt that this one was just plodding along from the groundwork set by the first. And if you want to see an example of unneeded padding to drama, watch The Missing on BBC1, Tuesdays 9pm - and that has eight episodes, so be grateful Remember Me has only three.

Again I wasn't that scared, so definitely be tuning in next week. :)
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    The Queen sends cards on the 100th, 105th, then every year. His were for 105 & 110. Where were the ones between?

And let us be honest, if there was a request for 110th birthday card, don't you honestly think someone would have been alerted and a fuss made locally?

I am not usually one of those pedants who find fault with a bus or car being the wrong model for the time a drama was set in, but I did find this a glaring fault that could have been avoided. There would have been many other ways to establish how old he was among all the paperwork in that house.
    Yeah I though that was a bit odd too, and how the three cards for the same person having three different birthdays arrived in the post around the same time! Well perhaps - in some way - it might be explained in the final episode... ;-)
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    Oh right. Thanks mazzy.

I don't remember the first bus journey. :blush: I think I'm going to have to watch the whole two episodes again. :D

It happened so near the beginning that I suspect some might still have been gathering their tea/wine/valium/cushions and settling themselves down.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    It happened so near the beginning that I suspect some might still have been gathering their tea/wine/valium/cushions and settling themselves down.

LOL at this post :p
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Yeah I though that was a bit odd too, and how the three cards for the same person having three different birthdays arrived in the post around the same time! Well perhaps - in some way - it might be explained in the final episode... ;-)

They didn't arrive in the post at the same time, they were in a box of paperwork which the next door neighbour brought to the police station - presumably taken by her sons. I would have liked to see the postmark on the envelopes though.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Again I wasn't that scared, so definitely be tuning in next week. :)

I'm surprised by that as it's the scariest thing I've seen in a long long time.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    I'm surprised by that as it's the scariest thing I've seen in a long long time.

Agree its quite scary in places but for me its the moody dark scenes which makes its very aptmostpheric :o
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying watching the series and it's been very useful reading this thread to pick up the things I've missed. So many great posts from people, thanks.
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Yes - it really freaked me out!

I think I posted "Well that was creepy", but no one responded, so I wasn't sure whether no one else had noticed or whether they didn't think much of it.

I noted your post but didn't recollect At the time, it now makes perfect sense
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My TV magazine says that in the last episode
    Tom is found in a caravan park in Scarborough. Battered and bruised. So surely not a ghost, and surely not Tom Parfitt aged 110+.
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the reflection in the bus window too. :D

Here's a screenshot...

http://tinypic.com/r/2r60jeb/8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I am trying to keep up with the plot after the last episode on Sunday. Who tidied the boy's room? Also for what reason was Shirley killed? So many questions being thrown out there. I really hope the ending is not a huge let down.
    After being initially hooked on watching "Lost" I was disappointed because it eventually lost it's way. It dragged on and on and became boring in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snip

I think you should put that in spoiler tags. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should put that in spoiler tags. >:(

Why? It is published, publicly available, so hardly a spoiler. Anyone can read it, and I expect those with a TV mag have probably already looked. There is masses more on the online TV Guide as well. Not to mention the Radio Times, which gives even more detail. Hardly a spoiler then. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? It is published, publicly available, so hardly a spoiler. Anyone can read it, and I expect those with a TV mag have probably already looked. There is masses more on the online TV Guide as well. Not to mention the Radio Times, which gives even more detail. Hardly a spoiler then. :confused:

Why ? Out of polite consideration for those such as myself who don't want to read spoilers. If it hasn't already aired then it's a spoiler, regardless where you read it. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of polite consideration for those such as myself who don't want to read spoilers. If it hasn't already aired then it's a spoiler, regardless where you read it. >:(

It is NOT a spoiler. That piece of information is out there already, in the public domain, together with a lot more. So if you saw it in the Radio Times, newspaper listings, tv mag, internet etc, would you accuse the BBC et al of providing a spoiler? I don't think so.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    It is NOT a spoiler. That piece of information is out there already, in the public domain, together with a lot more. So if you saw it in the Radio Times, newspaper listings, tv mag, internet etc, would you accuse the BBC et al of providing a spoiler? I don't think so.

Sorry but your reveal should have been in tags, thanks for spoiling it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are you arguing ? It's your choice if you choose to read spoilers in TV mags but please show some consideration for others by giving them the choice of whether to read them too by putting your spoilers in spoiler tags, it's easy enough for you to do.
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am afraid that you do not understand what a spoiler is.

There is a lot of publicly available information about forthcoming dramas, but generally speaking they require someone to take steps to read them. Users of this forum expect to be able to read posts about programmes that have been shown without reading information about what is going to happen in programmes that have not yet been shown. They consider such information to be spoilers and that it is bad manners for people to post such information without using the spoiler tags.

I hope that now this has been explained to you that you will realise your mistake.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot it was from the song. Doh!! :)

I'm not sure now whether the 'true lover of mine' was the one who died in the house or Scarborough.:o

When Hannah's in Scarborough she hears whispering and singing. The first line sounds like Tom.

Shall be again ....true lover....don't make me go....

Where are you going?
    We're going to Scarborough.
    Remember me - remember me
    We're going to Scarborough Fair.
    To a bonny Lass there,
    For once she was a true lover to one who lives there.
    A true love of mine

I'm still confused.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised to learn that Hannah's dad died 5 years ago - the way her mother behaves made me think it was recent.
  • dec7000dec7000 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I've already said it looks like Tom is real and possibly the son of the 100 year old Tom. Maybe father/son? The ages would fit as his father would have been born c1900 with Tom the son born in the 1920's and then married in 1950 while in his early 20's.

His father's pension is still being paid as no one has declared him dead and I think it is possible for Queen's telegrams to be sent out without family/friends requesting them as the pensions office informs the Palace officials. Tom as we see him must be real as he's undertaken several medical checks!

It appears the version of Scarborough Fair being sung was composed by a relative of Tom's wife, Dorothea, and could possibly be her father. The ballad infers they will never be together as all the tasks asked of each other are impossible. Perhaps Dorothea's death was punishment?

Did Isha drown when Tom was a boy but continued to look over him? Perhaps as a ghost/spirit she pushed Dorothea ( I think she died in a fall like the social worker did).

Most will be explained with semi-rational explanations and hallucinations. Tom will die but possibly be reunited with Dorothea. Get the tissues out!

Could be way off the mark though!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Five years can seem like no time at all to the bereaved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Sorry but that should have been in tags, thanks for spoiling it

For heavens sake, it is in the public domain. There is a load more information readily available, including stills. None of it gives the ending away. I haven't given any denouement awayeither - cos I don't know any more than you do! A spoiler is giving away the ending, not a bit of published information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    I am afraid that you do not understand what a spoiler is.

There is a lot of publicly available information about forthcoming dramas, but generally speaking they require someone to take steps to read them. Users of this forum expect to be able to read posts about programmes that have been shown without reading information about what is going to happen in programmes that have not yet been shown. They consider such information to be spoilers and that it is bad manners for people to post such information without using the spoiler tags.

I hope that now this has been explained to you that you will realise your mistake.

I am fully aware what a spoiler is, and I don't need you to tell me I have made a mistake.

I haven't, so please don't try to be supercilious with me.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you arguing ? It's your choice if you choose to read spoilers in TV mags but please show some consideration for others by giving them the choice of whether to read them too by putting your spoilers in spoiler tags, it's easy enough for you to do.

I believe the BBC are to blame here for showing spoilers.>:(

Next week's clips were shown in between the credits at the end of the episode. They didn't give a warning or enough time for me to look away. I don't like spoilers either.

Edit- the clips included a battered Tom.