Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    Dreamer07Dreamer07 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Think the beeb thought car share would bomb so they have made a weird schedule, bet they will regret it after last nights ratings
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    ITV's 9pm horror show just got a whole lot worse: 1.93m for Newzoids and 1.20m for Delivery Man.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a644911/bbc-ones-inspector-george-gently-intrigues-59m-on-wednesday.html
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV (+1 in brackets)

ED - 5.4m (5.6m)
    Corrie - 63m (6.5m)
    GiveA Pet A Home - 2.4m (2.6m)
    Newzoids - 1.8m (2m)
    The Delivery Man - 1.1m (1.2m)
    News - 1.3m (1.3m)
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    It does seem very odd that Car Share is on again tonight especially with the lead in. I wonder what they are thinking?

I didn't come up with the term BSI for nothing.... ;-)

I reckon they wanted to avoid a Friday night launch given how they have struggled launching new stuff there. So a midweek 30 min show needs pairing with something at 90 minutes. Hence they have presumably earmarked it for pairing with Gently (a 5/6m banker). The scheduling of another 90 minute programme tonight presumably too good to miss given Gently is only 4 episode.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Car Share would have worked perfectly on Sundays at 7.30 after SOAH finished.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    ITV's 9pm horror show just got a whole lot worse: 1.93m for Newzoids and 1.20m for Delivery Man.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a644911/bbc-ones-inspector-george-gently-intrigues-59m-on-wednesday.html

Newzoids dropped to 1.77m (8.0%) excluding plus 1

is that 8% share the lowest that ITV have had for a 9pm show, and only 5.2% for the following show ?
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1:
    Inspector George Gently- 5.85m
    Peter Kay's Car Share- 5.68m

BBC2:
    Alex Polizzi Chefs on Trial- 1.13m
    Nick and Margaret Trouble with Our Trains- 1.02m
    Inside No. 9- 680k

ITV:
    Give a Pet a Home- 2.51m
    Newzoids- 1.94m
    The Delivery Man- 1.20m

CH4:
    The Island with Bear Grylls- 2.43m
    First Dates- 1.44m

CH5:
    Nightmare Neighbour Next Door- 1.24m
    Autopsy- 797k
    CSI Miami- 511k

E4:
    Jane The Virgin- 253k

BBC Three:
    Reggie Yates Extreme Russia- 347k

Great night for BBC1, ITV has a Tuesday like night! Terrible. The Island completely consistent within its usual 2.4-2.5m range for both the men and women's island. First Dates got a boost from it's final episode.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

Well I did not particulary like either of these but they surely dont deserve to be that low?
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Car Share would have worked perfectly on Sundays at 7.30 after SOAH finished.

Not with some of the topics and swearing they have coming up! ;) Car Share is definitely post watershed!
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I did not particulary like either of these but they surely dont deserve to be that low?

They do, believe me.

Itv should change its name to Awful tv.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some terrible weeknight performances for ITV ongoing. Given that the soaps are less effective generally, its not all that much more than the BGT beacon making any kind of noise for them. I know ITV is now business rather than broadcaster but it must be pretty depressing to have so many poor ratings throughout the schedule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    ITV (+1 in brackets)

ED - 5.4m (5.6m)
    Corrie - 63m (6.5m)
    GiveA Pet A Home - 2.4m (2.6m)
    Newzoids - 1.8m (2m)
    The Delivery Man - 1.1m (1.2m)
    News - 1.3m (1.3m)

Thanks Bushmills.

That's terrible for ITV without the soaps. The truth is even if Gently wasn't there I doubt ratings for ITV between 8-10pm would rise that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's just awful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great for Gently on a different day the share and number up on last years - the non existant opposition must have helped mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Newzoids and The Delivery Man definitely don't deserve to be so low. They're not that bad. They didn't establish themselves before George Gently and Car Share arrived however. Nothing they can do now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great for Gently on a different day the share and number up on last years - the non existant opposition must have helped mind.

Is that George Gentlys best overnight rating? I like the show but was pleasantly surprised it did as well as it did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    will people get bored of 2 people in a car driving round and round manchester though which is essentially all car share is - it doesnt even have the charm of the royle family either
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    torpido wrote: »
    will people get bored of 2 people in a car driving round and round manchester though which is essentially all car share is - it doesnt even have the charm of the royle family either

It's hard to tell, I mean The Royle Family was just people watching TV and that was hugely successful.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    It's hard to tell, I mean The Royle Family was just people watching TV and that was hugely successful.

As is Gogglebox which is essentially the same as The Royle Family ........ but with real people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    torpido wrote: »

It's all subjective. I think Car Share has a lot of charm and watching a relationship develop. The Royle Family didn't leave the sitting room for most of it. So your boredom theory when comparing to The Royle Family makes no sense at all. Never could stand that show. Dull as paint.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very strong night there for BBC1 and a horror show for ITV. Sadly I suspect that's it for Newzoids which is a real shame. If I had my way I'd renew it and air the next series at 10.35pm but I bet they won't.

In other news, ITV are apparently doing a 5 part series called BBQ Champ to air this Summer. Sounds like a cookery competition but for BBQing and will be judged by Adam Richman from Man vs Food.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ouch.:o

I presume that kills off any hope of a second series for Newzoids. It's not as bad as the ratings suggest (no doubt some will disagree) but ITV have wrecked it by putting it in the wrong slot. It's a Sunday night at 10:00 show, just like its predecessor was.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopeless again for ITV outside of soaps. Whoever is commissioning all this rubbish needs sacking and fast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Is that George Gentlys best overnight rating? I like the show but was pleasantly surprised it did as well as it did.

Last year GG overnights were 5.3m/5.4m consolidating to around 6.5m/6.6m. The best GG rating I can find is 7.2m so that may have overnighted slightly better than last nights.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way in a millon years that Newzoids should be that low. In theory anyone who watches HIGNFY should have at least watched the first one but they didn't as presumably they assumed it would be rubbish or aren't really interested.

Of course in this thread everything that rates poorly MUST be rubbish that people should be sacked for and it serves them right.

Airing on Sunday would have brought even more comparisons to SI which seemed to be a show stopper for many, plus the lead in from Vera is hardly compatable
This discussion has been closed.