Marvel Secret Wars

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
Is anyone else looking forward to Marvel Secret Wars?

When the different versions of Marvel Universes are combined into Battleworld.It will involve lots of tie-in titles like Planet Hulk,Spider-Verse etc

Im really looking forward to seeing what Marvel do with this event!

Comments

• FrankieThePandaFrankieThePanda Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im gonna check it out, I'm just hoping it's not another cash grab from marvel, the new 52 hasn't worked out for DC so i don't really see what marvel are hoping to gain from a reboot saying that I'm enjoying spiderverse and that's gonna link in with secret wars :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well Secret Wars starts today and I'm planning to pick it up.The free Secret Wars issue 0 was a nice freebie on free comic book day and helped get you excited for the the main event!
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be my jumping off point. I'm probably a bit long in the tooth and this is one crazy cross-over too many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I just want to know when my jumping on point will be. Will everything relaunch at issue 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want to know when my jumping on point will be. Will everything relaunch at issue 1.

Last time I looked, details were very sketchy.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God Emperor Doom!

I enjoyed issue 2 I must say.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yes it was good and then the Cabal turning up at the end on what I guess you can call Doomworld

It was a pity not to see another issue of Secret Wars this week however I did pick up Planet Hulk,Spider-Verse as well as a few other tie ins!
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    It'll be my jumping off point. I'm probably a bit long in the tooth and this is one crazy cross-over too many.

Mine too. After secret wars I'll be done with superhero comics. I've been a big Marvel fan most of my life, but the last few years I've lost interest with all the stories that just seem to round and round. Killing off Wolverine and the fracturing of the X-men meant a big drop in comics that I bought and secret wars will be the perfect end to the rest of them.

I'm not interested in the retreading of classic stories like Future Past, Extinction Agenda, Old Man Logan and the like. I'm not a fan of the art either with crappy fill-in artists on their flagship titles.

The only one I'll probably miss will be Ultimate Spiderman which was constistantly fun and consistantly good art.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    The only one I'll probably miss will be Ultimate Spiderman which was consistently fun and consistently good art.

Same here. USM has been the first comic I read after a trip to my LCS for a good few years. I also liked the recent Ultimate versions of Cloak & Dagger and was hoping to see much more of them. Ah well...

Earlier this week I went through my "not read yet" comic pile and I have almost a year's worth of Xmen, Uncanny Xmen and Batman comics still to get through...
  • Darkwave2Darkwave2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »

It's a (maybe temporary) jumping off point for me too. Been collecting mainly Avengers for about 30 years, and as I too got long in the tooth I slimmed by purchase list down to just 3 Avengers titles (Main/New/World)... but after a few years of this uninteresting Hickman storyline my interest has faded. I bought the first 2 issues of Secret Wars, but the story remains dull to me. I'll jump off here, and see what the Avengers titles are like once this event has passed.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a DCer and know nothing Marvelish but do use comixology.com to check what issues are coming in the future.
    Just checked August and Secret Wars is still happening so you might like to keep an eye on: https://pulllist.comixology.com/marvel/2015/09?start=20, which will show the full Marvel release list when we're closer to September (at the mo it just shows the tpbs)

http://community.comicbookresources.com/forum.php might also have some answers for you. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I'm a DCer and know nothing Marvelish but do use comixology.com to check what issues are coming in the future.
    Just checked August and Secret Wars is still happening so you might like to keep an eye on: https://pulllist.comixology.com/marvel/2015/09?start=20, which will show the full Marvel release list when we're closer to September (at the mo it just shows the tpbs)

http://community.comicbookresources.com/forum.php might also have some answers for you. :)

Or just take up the free month of Marvel Unlimited that's always being pushed and read some classics that Hickman is just trying to emulate. Start with Bendis' first New Avengers series (started 2004, I think). That led to Secret Invasion, Civil War, World War Hulk and Siege without having to reset everything... worth checking out considering it's free for a month.