Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole - 9pm Channel 5 tonight..

Comments

• acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Decent people change laws rather than break them.

What laws have you changed then?
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I drank legally at 17, I bought a pint of cider with a meal.

Lol
    acid rain wrote: »

**** all probably
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I've stood for the Green Party to support the law changes I want to see put through.

Perhaps you should stand for a party that wants to legalise tobacco use for any age?
    Forum Member
    I've stood for the Green Party to support the law changes I want to see put through.

Perhaps you should stand for a party that wants to legalise tobacco use for any age?

I gave up smoking, over 10 years ago. I guess if you had your way you'd probably ban smoking full stop?

I voted for the green party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up smoking, over 10 years ago. I guess if you had your way you'd probably ban smoking full stop?

I voted for the green party.

Yes I'd like to ban smoking and tobacco growing. It is a nasty industry that causes more problems than it solves.
    Forum Member
    Yes I'd like to ban smoking and tobacco growing. It is a nasty industry that causes more problems than it solves.

Personally I believe in the freedom of choice. Sure people make bad decisions, but that's part of life.

What are your views on marijuana? Do you believe that should be banned or would you permit it on medical grounds?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I'm dreading when that day comes.. I'm fully expecting to lose PIP when I apply for it, at the moment by DLA is safe for a while. My ESA and DLA pay for my meds and helps keep my car on the road i.e. petrol/insurance/tax and RAC. Without that I would not go out at all..

As soon as I get that letter about moving onto PiP around October, I am declining to go on it as I know I wouldn't get it anyway and it's just a matter of sweating it out and seeing how much the benefits will get reduced if I am still on them by then

These benefits effectively pay for my food, bills and rent...I'm not one to squander too much like the less genuine claimants out there, all I want to do is get a nice little job, get off these benefits and go abroad and fulfil my dream of going to meet my friend in Canada

I've known her for about 11 years now and we have often spoken about meeting face to face, so it would be nice to break through this benefits red tape and get over there to see her when it can finally be arranged
    Forum Member

Controlling much!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why they are still making this type of show, we get the message, people are screwing us over, I don't need to watch it every week
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I drank legally at 17, I bought a pint of cider with a meal.

That isnt legal
    For someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult. In this case it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    The funny thing is, that if she stopped working she would probably be capped. So she is costing us more in benefits by working than not.

Who is "us"?
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    Who is "us"?

Certainly not koan!
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she wouldn't as she'd be capped.

rolleyes

I missed that bit. So she got benefits and because she worked 2 nights a week she manages to get extra benefits?

I think she looked to be doing a really good job with the kids that were still at home.

The 2 nights that she worked I'm wondering if they were 'sleep overs'. This is where you put the client to bed and sleep on the couch/spare bed but be available for emergencies. I think it must have been that because she was up all day the next day and if she'd been awake all night she'd have had to go to bed.

What would be more impressive is if she actually worked 2 shifts during the day.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed that bit. So she got benefits and because she worked 2 nights a week she manages to get extra benefits?

I think she looked to be doing a really good job with the kids that were still at home.

The 2 nights that she worked I'm wondering if they were 'sleep overs'. This is where you put the client to bed and sleep on the couch/spare bed but be available for emergencies. I think it must have been that because she was up all day the next day and if she'd been awake all night she'd have had to go to bed.

What would be more impressive is if she actually worked 2 shifts during the day.

Then it wouldn't be worth her while working, because she would need childcare for all those children.
    Even on a sleepover job, you couldn't really relax.
    It can be stressful
    I think she is really good at how she manages her life
  • thesidogthesidog Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    The two mums and their kids seemed poles apart in their attitude but as with any of these types of shows I tend to take it with a grain of salt as it is always easy to play up to the cameras and be the victim of clever editing. (not least the excessive use of the word 'benefits' by the narrator)

That being said the mob down in Hastings seemed horrendous in every way and were lead by a mother that proves that any idiot can breed...
  • Claire_BryantClaire_Bryant Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    To be fair tho,to the posts here saying how our money is paying for her tattoos,they look like they've been drawn on by her kids lol. Who in their right mind would pay for them?
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had to jump through hoops, 2 ATOS assessments to finally get PIP and I still have to pay full council tax yet she gets 25% off, something is wrong somewhere where these baby factories can continue to drop kids and expect the state to pay for the lot whilst disabled people have to fight for every scrap.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The foul mouthed tatoo'd slob is a totally unfit mother, who's kids would be better off in foster care. As young as some of them are they already need to be rehabilitated.

They have her foul mouth, will all be drinking and smoking before they leave school, and with her as a role model what chance do they have of turning out decently. Let's hope social services step in and save them from this horrible excuse for a mother.

She is taking money that should be going to people who are sick, elderly or disabled, not to pay for her chain smoking, alcohol and hideous tattoos.

I really resent the tax I pay going to low life's like her.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Who is "us"?

Makes me wonder how many gems like this I'm missing, since I see this FM's posts only if someone quotes him or her.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's laid eggs people. It's laid ten eggs
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that heavily tattooed woman should have her kids taken off her
    and people choose to have kids they don't choose to be disabled and/or have health problems
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that heavily tattooed woman should have her kids taken off her
    and people choose to have kids they don't choose to be disabled and/or have health problems

She is probably - no definitely - the worst mother we have seen on these shows since day dot. What a dreadful example she is to her children.

Her small kid using the C word right in front of her and she hardly battered an eyelid! Says is all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She is probably - no definitely - the worst mother we have seen on these shows since day dot. What a dreadful example she is to her children.

Her small kid using the C word right in front of her and she hardly battered an eyelid! Says is all.

Of course she didn't bat an eyelid, he obviously learnt to speak like that from her.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Of course she didn't bat an eyelid, he obviously learnt to speak like that from her.

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour from both the Mother and the child. The child's behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with poverty, and everything to do lack of discipline.

Arguably the Mother is probably on more money than a lot of working families.
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    The foul mouthed tatoo'd slob is a totally unfit mother, who's kids would be better off in foster care. As young as some of them are they already need to be rehabilitated.

They have her foul mouth, will all be drinking and smoking before they leave school, and with her as a role model what chance do they have of turning out decently. Let's hope social services step in and save them from this horrible excuse for a mother.

She is taking money that should be going to people who are sick, elderly or disabled, not to pay for her chain smoking, alcohol and hideous tattoos.

I really resent the tax I pay going to low life's like her.

I felt really sorry for her teen daughter who refused to attend school. You could see she had been taught from a young age not to put any value in education. Her mother even said: "You just need to show up for an hour", then she would be marked down has having attended, even if she never even went into a lesson.

She had a meeting at school about her absence, was threatened with going to "jail", and had a change of attitude. I think deep down she wanted to sort out her life. But as soon as she was back at home for a few hours, her mum had sucked any ambition and hope right out of her again. Really sad. I wonder what happened to her in the end.