Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Can I just squee and jump at how excited I am at the thought of a Carter wedding?! <3 Definitely don't want them to have a baby, it would be so wrong! Although when I was watching Carla's rape storyline again the other day (which I sobbed at) I picked up on little things I hadn't at the time like when she stays at Maria's and is buttering little Liam's toast and hands it to him saying "good boy" it made me be all "aww motherly Carla!" although it did seem odd!

As much as it would be completely unrealistic and unknown of in soapland, I would love a happy Carter wedding because let's face it, Carla's had the life from hell and has been through more blokes then I've had hot dinners :p but there is also the little fact that like somebody else said, her husband's never survive..in fact neither do her lovers :') I want them to be happy and have exciting scenes but at the same time I still want them to have their rollercoaster ride because if it gets too settled I fear Ali will get bored of playing Carla and leave :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    'Moving them on'a pace' surely that means moving ahead or a step even. It doesn't sound like a parting of ways statement, or splitting up to me. It sounds like moving forward.

This is how I see it too, and I read the Tracey thing as a separate comment, I didn't assume she'd be involved with the Carter stuff.

Ahh, I'm so excited!
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also there's the added drama of Carla being pregnant with Peter's baby and Kylie possibly being pregnant with Nicks, and where that leaves Leanne.
    True. Perhaps we're going to see Leanne end up alone after the Nick/Kylie stuff comes out, maybe because she leaves him or whatever, and Carla and Peter will get married and Peter will reapply for custody of Simon? Complete stab in the dark but it could kind of work, Leanne alone and regretful and sad and Carla and Peter all happy. Trying really hard not to grin at that image but kind of failing *evil laugh*
    LibbyScott wrote: »
    It looks like Alison K & Chris G were spotted out and about again today ;)

@eeeeeevangeline Just seen Peter and Carla in Wagamamas... I swear there's something going on in real life. https://twitter.com/eeeeeevangeline/status/306393367082852352

@AshHall: Just saw Peter and Carla together!! @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller https://twitter.com/AshHall/status/306401846422024192
    @LauraRachelleT: @AshHall @sazzaspeller no way! Why!? Were they working?
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller I didn't think to look for a camera! They looked so glamorous!
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller actually they were walking towards Granada studios!
    @AshHall: @sazzaspeller @laurarachellet they were in spinningfields, I was we'll excited! They're corrie royalty!

I wonder are they already working on this big storyline?
    Ooh exciting! I hope certain people on twitter don't see that first tweet though! As me and Lisa said last week, they HAVE been filming a lot together lately, so it's possible it's already being built up to, whatever this big storyline is.
    I'd like to think, that the whole New Year Love Square continuation was a combination of leaving it open, getting a new producer and working out what people wanted for the characters after their break.
    Hopefully. I don't know how producers generally go about starting a new job, but if it was me I'd look around on twitter, forums like this, fanpages etc to get a measure of fan reactions to things and to see what the general feeling is about previous storylines. I know they all say they don't write for the fans but let's face it, if everyone is bored of a character or storyline in the spotlight and switch off, they won't have a show or a job. In which case, I can barely think of a single nice comment anyone had about the love square, I think everyone hated it, no matter which side of the petanne/carter divide they were on, so I doubt, if he's done his research, he'd want to repeat that. Oh gosh, what if he read our rants on here? :o
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    'Moving them on'a pace' surely that means moving ahead or a step even. It doesn't sound like a parting of ways statement, or splitting up to me. It sounds like moving forward.
    This is where my inner geek comes out, but it depends a little bit on whether "apace" was a DS typo or what he actually said. They amount to about the same thing, but it's whether he meant apace as in quickly, or a pace as in a step further into their relationship, ie marriage or a baby. The way he's said moving them ON worries me as well because to me, moving a couple on could mean moving them individually on from the relationship, whereas moving ALONG would mean together, progressing as a couple. Although moving them ON does make sense if they stay together as well, moving them on from the whole Leanne stuff, from everything in the past.

And yes I did just sit and analyse the linguistics of a DS quote :p
    And wouldn't Carla and Peter's engagement/run up to an actual wedding be seen as a big story? They are not just any characters are they, or the people around them at the moment. They'd hype it up for sure. I think Corrie would see it as quite a big storyline. And no, it wouldn't be smooth sailing. Soap Weddings aren't. Carla and peter aren't. whatever drama they choose in the run up to it/in the middle of it. Leanne, Simon, Rob, Tracy? Tracy story might be seperate might it? Factory related or something? You'd never get a wedding without something going wrong/happening.
    True. No doubt Tracey would find some reason to object, there'd be all the issues with Carla still feeling shut out by the Barlows (I really hope they come back to that), to everything between her and Simon, the affect it'd have on Leanne, Rob (he still doesn't really like Peter, does he?). Or maybe Peter decides to be clever and track her dad down to invite him and he turns up and things kick off? Another plucked-from-the-air guess but I'd quite like to see that happen.
    If anyone gets cold feet, has doubts finds everything out and does the vanishing act it should be Carla, not Peter. He's the one with the work to do I think.
    I talked about this way back, but definitely. I can see Carla being really reluctant to get married again, even if it to Peter. I know it was different with Frank, but she hated the whole idea of marrying anyone (although mainly him!), and I don't think it'd be a simple case of her immediately saying yes and being totally fine with it. I think there'd be a lot of anxieties there.

Although, I was actually half expecting them to come back from LA engaged, and from the whole way they were together I think it would've worked well, but alas that never happened.
    Can I just squee and jump at how excited I am at the thought of a Carter wedding?! <3 Definitely don't want them to have a baby, it would be so wrong! Although when I was watching Carla's rape storyline again the other day (which I sobbed at) I picked up on little things I hadn't at the time like when she stays at Maria's and is buttering little Liam's toast and hands it to him saying "good boy" it made me be all "aww motherly Carla!" although it did seem odd!
    *joins in with squees* I would absolutely love to see them get married, all the complications aside. For Carla to have a happy day with the man she loves and for him to die/turn out to be a murderer would be a welcome change! I do agree about her having a maternal side, but... Argh I dunno.

This is how I see it too, and I read the Tracey thing as a separate comment, I didn't assume she'd be involved with the Carter stuff.

Ahh, I'm so excited!
    On another site, they split up that quote into talking about Carla and Peter, and then about Tracey. And he mentioned someone else (Stella I think?) right before talking about David and Kylie before, so maybe he was just listing characters and it's not connected at all.

I have one small request. If Carla and Peter do get married, can Suzie come over from LA to be bridesmaid? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something else that makes me feel better as well is that I don't think a Carter split would neccesarily be described as a "big" storyline either, especially considering they've hardly been on screen recently. And the whole wording on DS, you could argue that if he was splitting them up he would say "there are big storyline's coming up for Carla and Peter, we're moving them on apace."

I 100% think it means they're moving their relationship on, and I think that must mean that the new EP is a Carter fan, otherwise I assume he'd be wanting to split them up rather than take their relationship further.
    Forum Member
    LibbyScott wrote: »

@eeeeeevangeline Just seen Peter and Carla in Wagamamas... I swear there's something going on in real life. https://twitter.com/eeeeeevangeline/status/306393367082852352

By no means suggesting Ali and Chris are up to something, but they might genuinely have been there as themselves! I can't remember where but I've seen Ali photographed with a wagamamas bag or something before so she obviously likes that place! They might have been filming together and just popped out for some lunch!
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Well,...I'm going to remain defiantly optimistic about future Carter sls!

You all know my sentiments on a potential Carter baby sl,...that is, I welcome it. And,...I think it could open a whole new dimension for Carla. We all know that it isn't immediately obvious that she is particularly maternal. But, that's what makes it all so interesting, besides the fact that she'd be having Peter's baby. :) So,...I'm not going to go over all that again, and bore you all. I just think, so far so good. :)

I'll keep praying that there's no hint of a return to Petanne. Who knows, when the Kylie/Nick baby saga kicks off, they might all just get through it. Kylie may still have said future with David, and Nick and Leanne will just resolve to work things through together.

I am hoping that when TPTB say that there will be big things for Carla, it might actually have something to do with Hayley's imminent departure also. Maybe, they will remind us about the bond that those two have. Let's face it, Carla and Hayley's interactions have been sorely lacking of late. So, perhaps we will be reminded about how much respect they have for one another, and we get a nice touching story for Hayley's exit.

I'm hoping any future factory sls don't actually involve Tracy scuppering things for Carter. But, then again,...this is Tracy we are talking about. So, it's very likely. I suspect she'll start getting ideas above her station and want to get more involved, or should I say, more power in the factory goings on. Let's face it,...she's just made Eva quit! She'll start turning her attentions to Michelle next. I bet Tracy will ask to be a machinist, now that they are one short. And, that will keep her going whilst she's working on compromising Michelle next.

Anyway,....back to Carter,...long may it continue. :)
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I interpreted SB's sound bite as moving them on from the love square and ending their involvement - the square perhaps evolving into a more platt based than Barlow based square.

Anyway, the dialogue suggests that Tracy will play a part in their storyline, whatever that may be. Pregnancy or engagement do seen the mos likely of options, I suppose only time will tell.

Something other, one thing I find utterly adorable and just love is when 'normal' and by that I mean non-ds user/'super' fans of Carla/Ali see her in passing or somewhere and just spasm and regale it euphorically, I think it's utterly wonderful how much everybody just seems to love them! Rarely/never do I see negatives written about them and it really makes me smile :)

And Leah great vid!
  • Karen25!!!Karen25!!! Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Hey Everyone! sorry i havent been on here 4 ages! yay 2 a new thread! hope everyone is well! Xxxxx
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats all on the new thread :D Hope you're all well :)

I'm looking forward to Peter and Carla's new storyline - whatever it is - I miss them a lot and the sooner they're back on screen, the better.
    Forum Member
    Not liking the lack of Carla and Peter we have lately! Considering when they returned from their break they were supposed to come back with a bang they've been very quickly brushed under the carpet :(
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep watching your videos and crying. On the plus side though, you're motivating me to finish the 3 I've got started on my laptop that I never bothered to finish.
    I am hoping that when TPTB say that there will be big things for Carla, it might actually have something to do with Hayley's imminent departure also. Maybe, they will remind us about the bond that those two have. Let's face it, Carla and Hayley's interactions have been sorely lacking of late. So, perhaps we will be reminded about how much respect they have for one another, and we get a nice touching story for Hayley's exit.
    From little hints and slip ups we've had, I'm convinced that Hayley dies now, either from a long(ish) term illness or in some senseless homophobic attack as someone suggested on the main forum, which I actually think done well could be brilliant as well as heart breaking and shocking. Either way, I'm sure we'll be needing plenty of tissues at the end of the year. I do hope Carla is involved in some way or another, ideally a scene similar to when Sally told her about her cancer. I keep saying it but I love their friendship and Julie and Ali obviously love working together, so I think a moving little scene or two is definitely needed before we bid farewell to Hayley.
    I interpreted SB's sound bite as moving them on from the love square and ending their involvement - the square perhaps evolving into a more platt based than Barlow based square.
    This is what I'm hoping as well. That was my original reaction, before the pessimism set in, and it would make sense in a lot of ways to separate the two SLs. Fingers crossed!
    Something other, one thing I find utterly adorable and just love is when 'normal' and by that I mean non-ds user/'super' fans of Carla/Ali see her in passing or somewhere and just spasm and regale it euphorically, I think it's utterly wonderful how much everybody just seems to love them! Rarely/never do I see negatives written about them and it really makes me smile :)
    I love this as well. They definitely seem to be generally liked which is always a bonus. Although I have to admit I do get insanely jealous and slightly angry at people who randomly see them filming and so casually mention it on twitter like it's no big deal, and I'm just sat there wanting to either switch places with them or strange them until they realise how lucky they are :D
    *bows*
    Karen25!!! wrote: »
    Hey Everyone! sorry i havent been on here 4 ages! yay 2 a new thread! hope everyone is well! Xxxxx
    Good to see you back :)
    Not liking the lack of Carla and Peter we have lately! Considering when they returned from their break they were supposed to come back with a bang they've been very quickly brushed under the carpet :(
    I'm still annoyed that their 'big' return was merely an involvement in Leanne and Nick's pointless wedding drama, but part of me is kind of ok with seeing them in the background. I mean, firstly Chris and Ali deserve some down time and can't be filming massive storylines all the time. They have lives and families and especially the hard hitting storylines clearly take their toll. Also the fact that they're kind of in the background at least suggests they're just getting on with things and there's no major tensions or worries in their relationship, which I much prefer to the scenes we had last year of them fighting and generally being in an awful place. But yes it would certainly be nice to have a few little day-to-day scenes, Carla interacting with Simon for example, to enjoy. I loved their scenes in the bistro the other week, and more of those kinds of scenes would be much appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that whilst I miss the fact we haven't seen much of Peter and Carla together it does seem that they can't be having major issues. We saw them having dinner out together a few weeks back and there didn't appear to be any underlying issues. That and the scene when they saw Fiz going back home after her and Tyrone's escapades. Would like to see some Simon interacting with them both, especially after his little outburst at Christmas towards Carla, I think it'd be nice if he realised that Carla was clearly important to his Dad and gave her a chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    It really is a shame that we haven't been seeing much of Carla and Peter lately. There have been so many opportunities for great storylines with them but it looks like Corrie has just looked passed them. One that stands out to me is the whole thing between Carla and Simon. If they had just focused a little bit more on that and made it into a more serious plot line it could have really highlighted the issues that kids have adapting to changes within their families. Though of course, like everyone else, I hope that Simon will give Carla a chance. I think we saw a little flicker of it when Peter was about to run off with Simon and Carla arrived. Simon definitely seemed pleased to see her, calling out her name. But then added something along the lines of "Are you taking me back to my mum?" so maybe I read a little bit too much into that.

I'm really looking forward to this summer plot line though! And if I remember correctly on twitter someone mentioned that Michelle would also have a big storyline in the summer. So my guess is that she's somehow involved? (Please let it be Carchelle!!! *wishful thinking*) Anyway I'm pretty sure it will somehow involve Nick and Leanne. If she finds out about Nick and Kylie then perhaps she will go looking for comfort in the arms of Peter? I hope not but it does look like there's unfinished business between the two. If it's a wedding I think we can guess that it's going to be a bumpy road. That's a given. A baby... I'm not totally against it. I think I said this on twitter but if Carla were to have a baby it would definitely be a bit controversial, out of the ordinary for her. At first, perhaps she wouldn't want it, but Peter would. And then there'd be her struggle to cope without alcohol, it being more difficult due to the fact that she can't drink while she's pregnant. Then her struggle to run a business and look after a baby, maybe? Or who knows! Maybe she'd surprise us all and deal with it all brilliantly. Maybe it'd bring out her softer side.

Whatever Corrie has planned, I just hope it's good and does justice to her character. I think it's about time they put Carla in a good light. She's been in the "selfish home wrecker" shadow for too long now. And we all know she's not selfish really! She's always been kind towards people who deserve it. :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popped in to say hello to everyone. I've been on holiday which has been very relaxing though have now gone and spoilt it by only getting about 4 hours sleep last night. :(

Nice video Mad and great you got to meet Ali, Holz.

Hope everyone is well. Will try and do a longer post at some point when I've caught up on things I need to do and on getting some sleep.
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naaat wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this summer plot line though! And if I remember correctly on twitter someone mentioned that Michelle would also have a big storyline in the summer. So my guess is that she's somehow involved? (Please let it be Carchelle!!! *wishful thinking*)

This is what makes me think the storyline could be about the factory. Stuart Blackburn said Tracy will come back to the fore.

I know he didn't give us much to go on but I personally don't think involving Carla and Peter in Leanne and Nick's dramas would be moving them on apace. So, for the moment, I'm going to assume the writers are taking them in a different direction.

I have really missed them but at the same time, I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't seen Carla and Peter lately is because they have a big storyline coming up. So while it currently looks like opportunities may have been wasted, we don't know what the writers have planned for them for the rest of the year.

I completely agree that they could be focusing more on Carla and Simon though. I would like to think that, in time, Simon will accept Carla but so much needs to happen before there's even a hint of that happening. There is long journey ahead, as there would be in the real world because Simon isn't suddenly going to change his mind about Carla.
    But at least the writers have something to work on.

It is a real shame that relationship has been nothing short of disastrous, so far, but who knows, perhaps SB has a different idea.
    Forum Member
    Naaat wrote: »
    It really is a shame that we haven't been seeing much of Carla and Peter lately. There have been so many opportunities for great storylines with them but it looks like Corrie has just looked passed them. One that stands out to me is the whole thing between Carla and Simon. If they had just focused a little bit more on that and made it into a more serious plot line it could have really highlighted the issues that kids have adapting to changes within their families. Though of course, like everyone else, I hope that Simon will give Carla a chance. I think we saw a little flicker of it when Peter was about to run off with Simon and Carla arrived. Simon definitely seemed pleased to see her, calling out her name. But then added something along the lines of "Are you taking me back to my mum?" so maybe I read a little bit too much into that.

Totally agree with you about Simon and Carla! I know in Simon's eyes she's the one responsible for the breakup of Peter and Leanne, but it annoyed me a little how he was so resentful against Carla and still wanted Peter and Leanne back together, yet as soon as Nick came into the picture he was this amazing person who he was happy to live with and see as a second dad! I loved the little scene when Carla and Peter came back and Simon said if they stayed, he'd be really nice to Carla. It showed that he was aware of what he was doing, but then that went down the drain when she came back the 2nd time and he was all "What's she doing here?!"

I'm quite clueless as to what the big summer storyline for Carla and Peter could be. Part of me thinks it could involve Leanne if she finds out about Nick and Kylie, but then if Leanne gets involved I think I'd worry a little. Everyone keeps saying Leanne and Peter couldn't get back together after what's happened....I'm sorry but were people watching the Christmas episodes?! He so clearly wanted Leanne over Carla which still kills me now, I still feel he settled for Carla as 2nd best, that look he gave her and then when he still chased Leanne into the street and was all "What could I do?!" it just...ugh! I love and still ship Carter but I will forever resent him for that :(
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with you about Simon and Carla! I know in Simon's eyes she's the one responsible for the breakup of Peter and Leanne, but it annoyed me a little how he was so resentful against Carla and still wanted Peter and Leanne back together, yet as soon as Nick came into the picture he was this amazing person who he was happy to live with and see as a second dad! I loved the little scene when Carla and Peter came back and Simon said if they stayed, he'd be really nice to Carla. It showed that he was aware of what he was doing, but then that went down the drain when she came back the 2nd time and he was all "What's she doing here?!"

I'm quite clueless as to what the big summer storyline for Carla and Peter could be. Part of me thinks it could involve Leanne if she finds out about Nick and Kylie, but then if Leanne gets involved I think I'd worry a little. Everyone keeps saying Leanne and Peter couldn't get back together after what's happened....I'm sorry but were people watching the Christmas episodes?! He so clearly wanted Leanne over Carla which still kills me now, I still feel he settled for Carla as 2nd best, that look he gave her and then when he still chased Leanne into the street and was all "What could I do?!" it just...ugh! I love and still ship Carter but I will forever resent him for that :(

That annoyed me with Simon too, resentful of Carla and yet completely happy with Nick. I think that was bad writing. I think it would have been okay if he was happier with Nick, but it was like two extremes.

BIB - I know :( however, I thought the writing around then was RIDICULOUS. Abysmal even. Carla leaves - Peter immediately decides he is still in love with Leanne and doesn't give a stuff about Carla. It was an overnight change. I wanted to both laugh and cry.

And then Carla being near suicidal about living in Weatherfield, a week later all her woes are gone and she's fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just poor writing around Christmas, I don't believe Peter feels that way (i don't even think Petanne fans think he does) if he wanted Leanne he could've had her, but he chose Carla as he has done again and again.
    Forum Member
    That annoyed me with Simon too, resentful of Carla and yet completely happy with Nick. I think that was bad writing. I think it would have been okay if he was happier with Nick, but it was like two extremes.

BIB - I know :( however, I thought the writing around then was RIDICULOUS. Abysmal even. Carla leaves - Peter immediately decides he is still in love with Leanne and doesn't give a stuff about Carla. It was an overnight change. I wanted to both laugh and cry.

And then Carla being near suicidal about living in Weatherfield, a week later all her woes are gone and she's fine.

Agreed with the writing being rubbish around xmas! The Carla hating Weatherfield more than ever was RIDICULOUS, then suddenly a week or so back in the sun made her suddenly want to come back permanently? I guess the writers were trying to give the impression that she'd gone back out there and realised that it wasn't the same without Peter by her side, so she decided she'd rather fight her battles and be with him as oppose to not having him at all.

To be honest I think the writing had sucked for quite some time, it was as though they just couldn't be bothered any more. They made Carla into a total loved up puppy which just wasn't her. I was SO happy to have that Bistro scene the other week where she was all fight-ful and full of attitude. Her 'OAP or not, you're getting a slap!" comment just brought her back to us in that line alone :') [and that wasn't just because me and Holz had met Ali that day ;)]

But no, really, I'm happy for them to take the backseat because like somebody said we can't expect constant drama and it's nice to see them happy, but I'd like to SEE them happy and not just assume :p
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just poor writing around Christmas, I don't believe Peter feels that way (i don't even think Petanne fans think he does) if he wanted Leanne he could've had her, but he chose Carla as he has done again and again.

Exactly.

I’m sure we were supposed to see that - after Carla left him - it was out of sight, out of mind for Peter. But what if Carla didn’t come back when she did and Peter did get back with Leanne, who’s to say Peter wouldn’t suddenly realise how much he missed Carla?

I guess it was open to interpretation but Leanne was a distraction after the woman he loves left him because despite the fact that he did make her think he wanted to be with her, as soon as Carla came back it was, “Leanne who?”
    I personally don't believe Peter really wanted her and although he was convincing, deep down Leanne knew that too.
    If they focus on Peter’s reaction too much when she’s in danger in the Rovers fire, then I might start to have doubts. lol

It’s interesting that Simon accepting Nick straight away and choosing to live with him and Leanne (over his dad & Carla) has meant that we don’t get to see much of them as a family. I suppose that will change when Kylie & Nick’s secret is revealed and all hell breaks loose!
    I think Simon should move in with Peter and Carla when the truth comes out. Perhaps there would be a few changes (for the better) then. But at least the writers have something to build on with Simon and Carla's relationship, surely it can only improve now, which is more than can be said for Simon and Nick's relationship. The chances are, that will eventually go wrong.
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I remember, I noticed Peter never told Leanne he loved her. I do feel like it was done due to convenience, there was no build up really, it was all very quick and rushed. And now Peter seems happy with Carla. I think they didn't know what to do with the love square, and wanted to test the waters and gather a reaction, and from there choose who they coupled up once and for all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too thought Peter's change in attitude was more to do with the fact he had thought he'd lost Carla for good. I never thought his talk with Leanne was based on his feelings for her but rather that he would have quite liked that little family unit back, have his son in his life permenantly, not to mention he'd delight in annoying Nick in any way possible. He had his chance if he truly wanted to be with Leanne that day, but he wasn't the one telling Nick that Leanne had come to his which surely he would have done had he really wanted Leanne back. I think his true motivation over Christmas was Simon, albeit done in the wrong way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, just popping in again. Not doing very well with keeping up with this thread. :o

Welcome newbies :)

Just wanted to add my comments re Christmas. I agree it was bad writing for all the reasons everyone has already given. And it was so inconsistent I think you could argue it either way with Peter's preference for Carla vs Leanne. I do think on balance there is more to support him wanting Carla over Leanne, like the fact that since then they've seemed loved up and no suggestion Peter doesn't want to be with Carla or that he does want to be with Leanne. Though I think he is still a bit arrogant/ selfish in that he prob wants Leanne to still want him even though he doesn't want her. Which actually goes against h loving her because it's too selfish. If he had chosen Carla for some other reason but loved Leanne in a non selfish way he would want her to be happy, not want her to pine for him. Though I know love/ people in love can be pretty selfish.

I disagree that Carla being loved up I'd out of character. Yes she has that sarcastic/ bitchy side but I also think the ability to be loved up I'd part of her when she's in a good enough place with the right man. What about all that (can't remember exact words) about wanting to live to be 100 and wanting to help old ladies across the road when she was with Liam?