Camerons problems really begin

oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If that poll is correct some interesting views on ITV
316 is a nightmare number really. with it looking likely the libdems are going to be wiped out Cameron would need to rely on DUP/UKIP and they suggested the demands made will make any deal virtually impossible meaning they simply cant govern (the same for labour being so low)

Farage would almost certainly want a vote this year
and god help what the DUP would require

Comments

• MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Nicer problem than Ed's, finding a new job
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    He is in a better position than he and anyone else thought he would be, if the poll is correct.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tories will now tear themselves apart over the Euro referendum whilst the likes of Johnson and May begin the leadership battle
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    To increase seats after 5 years of austerity and months of neck and neck polls is a massive result for Cameron. I don't think an earlier EU vote will be too much of an issue, and UKIP will jump at the chance (just as the Lib Dem's did in 2010) to be at the top table, Farage will know that Deputy PM is the biggest job he will ever get
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    If that poll is correct some interesting views on ITV
    316 is a nightmare number really. with it looking likely the libdems are going to be wiped out Cameron would need to rely on DUP/UKIP and they suggested the demands made will make any deal virtually impossible meaning they simply cant govern (the same for labour being so low)

Farage would almost certainly want a vote this year
    and god help what the DUP would require

DUP want more defence spending - which a lot of Conservatives would agree with, and end to the bedroom tax which might be fudged, and a bit more money for NI which would be well worth it. No problemo.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse, some DUP lunatic as deputy PM!
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    The Tories will now tear themselves apart over the Euro referendum whilst the likes of Johnson and May begin the leadership battle
    It's just a question of whether Boris Johnson or Theresa May are going to succeed Cameron as PM now and whether it is sooner rather than later, forget MIliband, he's finished.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minority government
    Forum Member
    tony321 wrote: »
    Keep dreaming. Cameron would love to fudge the referendum issue by holding early and not having a renegoiation and blaming in on coalition partners. Its the perfect get out
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    Keep dreaming. Cameron would love to fudge the referendum issue by holding early and not having a renegoiation and blaming in on coalition partners. Its the perfect get out

Cameron's gambit was that he would throw the referendum question over the fence to Miliband.

Now he's lost his excuse. If the exit poll is correct, his hands are tied.

The Tories are going to bear responsibility for the referendum. I am delighted.
    Forum Member
    jjne wrote: »
    Cameron's gambit was that he would throw the referendum question over the fence to Miliband.

Now he's lost his excuse. If the exit poll is correct, his hands are tied.

The Tories are going to bear responsibility for the referendum. I am delighted.
    A referendum that the public want. They are on the right side of public opinion, and a forced earlier vote would be ideal for him
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    A referendum that the public want. They are on the right side of public opinion, and a forced earlier vote would be ideal for him

Which is why he carefully avoided offering the referendum years ago.

People may want the referendum now. I have been saying for years that if anyone takes responsibility for this referendum, for good or for ill, it should be the party or parties who have been shaking the cages for decades.

Now I have my wish (if the exit poll is true). As I say, I couldn't be happier.