Comments

• Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just stumbled on this
    It was really bland, what is the USP
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I thought it was ok but seemed really short.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont think its worthy of a ch4 quiz at that time of day
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it a go yesterday because I like Sandy Toksvic, I lasted 20 minutes before turning it off. Dreadful!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was ok :o but I do have the excuse of watching it at 3am after a bottle of wine, a few JDs and sipping a vodka. hic!

I'll have to watch it sober to see if it comes across the same :p

and child of the 80s :D. Yeah, i'd say she was dressed like the fashion that was about when she was a child. The swinging 60s.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded it because my friend Jackie said she would be on....but she's since posted that they've shown the programmes out of sync....I've told her to tell me when she IS on because I dont think I can cope with taping them all!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the name of the show that used to be on presented by Tim Brooke-Taylor & Graham Garden from The Goodies - anyone remember it?

It was "Beat The Nation".
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought it was ok :o but I do have the excuse of watching it at 3am after a bottle of wine, a few JDs and sipping a vodka. hic!

I'll have to watch it sober to see if it comes across the same :p

and child of the 80s :D. Yeah, i'd say she was dressed like the fashion that was about when she was a child. The swinging 60s.

:D:D I'd keep drinking to watch it :D

I only watched yesterday as I was told Brendan from Coach Trip was on it :o ( I didn't watch today ) I thought he was a contestant and not a 5 second clip :(

I do not think I will bother tbh ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :D:D I'd keep drinking to watch it :D

I only watched yesterday as I was told Brendan from Coach Trip was on it :o ( I didn't watch today ) I thought he was a contestant and not a 5 second clip :(

I do not think I will bother tbh ..

I thought that too! Brendan posted that he would be on the first ep!

My mate Jackie said he was on her show but I'm not sure when her show is on!
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was "Beat The Nation".

They should bring it back.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    An intriguing title, but a fairly tedious quiz with easy questions that are more suited to a quickfire buzzer round. Having Channel 4 presenters ask the questions is just a promotional gimmick. Sandi does manage to keep things mildly entertaining.

The category names on the board are too small unless you have a big HD screen.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the end, This program ends up with more people tuning into Channel 4+1 to watch Countdown. It might of been better been on instead of Deal Or No Deal:

14:35: Deal Or No Deal
    15:20: Countdown
    16:20: 1001 things you should know
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded it because my friend Jackie said she would be on....but she's since posted that they've shown the programmes out of sync....I've told her to tell me when she IS on because I dont think I can cope with taping them all!!

How can they show the programs out of sync when one of the contestants is the previous days winner :confused:
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As mentioned above, I'm going to be on it. When you record it, they tell you what your episode number is. They haven't given us any other communication beyond when the start date for the whole series is.

I'm pretty sure they must be in sequence, though, because don't the questions have numbers, which go up every show ? (I haven't actually watched it yet, but that's what I remember)
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As well as the returning winner, all the "things you should know" questions are sequentially numbered, so I can't see how it is possible to show them out of sync?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can they show the programs out of sync when one of the contestants is the previous days winner :confused:

Sorry...I worded it wrongly....

My friend Jackie said she thought she was on Tuesday...she wasnt.....now she's saying it might be later this week......
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry...I worded it wrongly....

My friend Jackie said she thought she was on Tuesday...she wasnt.....now she's saying it might be later this week......

Ahh, that makes more sense,

When I see Jackie I'll be sure to cheer her on!
    Forum Member
    Watched this again last night (sober this time :D) and I found the show very slow moving.

I agree that it is annoying and pretty pointless having the "hi, i'm xxxx from C4's xxxx". Nothing but promotion. No reason why the host couldn't ask the question.

I also thought the scoring system was weird. 100, 300, 601 :confused:

Also what is the point of the players having a total amount. They don't get that money, they have to play from the prize pot.

If it's just for sequence for the final round then surely the host could just say "xxx is infront so gets the first choice".
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the questions are far too easy. I just had it on in the background as I was doing some cleaning up and whilst I'm no egghead, I was just rattling off the answers to 99% of questions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Ahh, that makes more sense,

When I see Jackie I'll be sure to cheer her on!

Aww thanks. You might recognise her if you ever watched Coach Trip :p
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Boring host with the personality of a gold fish and an equally boring show.

Are C4 really that desperate for new ideas ? :eek:
    Forum Member
    It almost had me stumped the other day. The question before the break was something like what family of animals to lynx and leapoard belong to?

For a second I did wonder if it was a trick question :D
    Surely they can't be serious asking questions like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I like it:o:):).....Sandi Toksvig reminds me of Clive Anderson in a wig:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It almost had me stumped the other day. The question before the break was something like what family of animals to lynx and leapoard belong to?

For a second I did wonder if it was a trick question :D
    Surely they can't be serious asking questions like that

:D:D,,,Thats a question you should know the answer to (hence the title),,,,then they ask a harder question to win the money
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the maths category the cash question was "What is the currency of Sweden?" HOW IS THAT A MATHS QUESTION?!