Options

Is my old cat losing her marbles!

rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭
Shes always been litter trained and never used the carpet for most of her life until this year when its been happening a lot,, She is 15 years of age and we are sure she is suffering a decline:( and things will only get worse

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but it does sound like your cat is suffering from old age a bit but don't lose too much heart, yes your cat is getting older and can't always make it to the litter box or outside but on the plus side even after my cat started this sort of behaviour she still lived a good life for another good few years. It will take alot more care and patience on your part but I'm sure she's worth it. BTW my Cat lived untill she was 22 so this by no means signals the end. just a different level of care such as putting a couple of more litter boxes around the house or getting rid of the carpet for easy clean up.

I wish her well.
  • Options
    curlywurlycurlywurly Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my vet does a clinic for pets in their golden years, it may be worth getting her checked over, it could just be old age, it could be kidney infection or onset of kidney failure, at these golden year clinics an elderly pet at my vet surgery do free check ups and no consultation fee fortnightly..