BBQ weather this weekend

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And not with one of the silly gas ones either, a proper job half a oil drum, ok half a oil drum cut down a bit in length.
Butchers on Saturday to get some stuff.
Maybe i can sit back on this one and watch someone else do the cooking for a change :)

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I'll be slow cooking a pork shoulder for as long as it can take definitely.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're going to one at my sisters on Saturday. They have a silly gas one though, takes the fun out of it if you ask me.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can never light them. I got a gas one, but you might as well cook indoors, unless you can add some lava rock to it.

I cheat and set up my camping table with a disposable BBQ on it, at least I can light the bugger :D
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big change with rain or cloud for much of the UK this weekend. Thankfully not BBQ weather here. :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I have a gas BBQ and it has lava rocks.

You can also add woodchips to add a smokey flavour.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to be hot, hot ,hot here on Saturday and a bit cooler on Sunday, that is when we are having the BBQ.

I don't know why people have such a problem lighting them, I use lighting cubes, just a two or three under the charcoal to get it going and away it goes.
    My friend where we are having the BBQ got a gas one as well, but we are not using it.

I need to have fun this weekend after the week I have had. :)