Options

Melissa and Joey

Comments

• Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Anyone else spot that Paul Wagner in today's episode was Alimi Ballard aka The Quizmaster from Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As im on US pace, I saw the first ep of S4 (the halloween episode) and it was a laugh. So silly but entertaining :p
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »
    Anyone else spot that Paul Wagner in today's episode was Alimi Ballard aka The Quizmaster from Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
    Haven't watched it yet but I didn't realise that's who it was. He's been in a few shows since though :)
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone finding the audio on E4 tinny? Its most notable with the "live but sounds like canned" laughter.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Isn't the doctor in the Halloween one played Aunt Zelda? I'm sure she shows up in series 3 as well
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone finding the audio on E4 tinny? Its most notable with the "live but sounds like canned" laughter.

I've noticed this when the earlier seasons of The Big Bang Theory are shown on E4 too. It sounds echoey and strange. :confused:
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i couldn't take my eyes off Joey's "hair" :o
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

Its the star of the show! :D

Seriously though, I thought he looked alright with the shaved head back in season one, no doubt several hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted in my opinion.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

Yeah, WTF is going on ? Like the sweepings of a barber's shop glued to the top of his napper.

Melissa looking hot in a blue outfit in todays ep, after her chubby Mummy years she's almost back to her Sabrina gorgeousness.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joeys hair is distracting. He is pretty unique looking.

Mel is gorgeous. She looks so mumsey.
  • Options
    TheBezzaTheBezza Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I've noticed this when the earlier seasons of The Big Bang Theory are shown on E4 too. It sounds echoey and strange. :confused:

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Whether it's on C4 or E4, Freeview or Sky, any episode of TBBT form the first couple of seasons has what I call the gargle effect. It makes the shows quite unwatchable. However, I haven't had any problems so far with Melissa & Joey.

I think I've got used to Joey's hair. I don't find it as distracting as when he first "grew" it. Although with Mel's new boyfriend around I wasn't really paying much attention :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBezza wrote: »
    I think I've got used to Joey's hair. I don't find it as distracting as when he first "grew" it. Although with Mel's new boyfriend around I wasn't really paying much attention :blush:
    Now he's got a barnet worth talking about. ;)

I guess its a good thing the show is now at a later time slot, I've noticed there are less cuts than there were when it was on at lunch time. Although its surprising just what they get away with at 19:00, and more so when you consider its on ABC Family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Anyone notice in last nights episode when Mel was talking about children she mentioned her kids names?

Also how many episodes are in this season?
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong how much I love this show? :D

And loving Mel's style, she looks great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »
    Anyone notice in last nights episode when Mel was talking about children she mentioned her kids names?

Also how many episodes are in this season?

Surprisingly ... 37.

I'm a few eps behind, but I think we're on 10 or 11 at the moment.

EDIT: This is E4 pace.
  • Options
    Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a very weak show imo. No edge and rehashed story lines of previous US sitcomes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Each to their own, of course. I find this miles better than the supposedly "hot" Big Bang Theory.

In fact I'd go as far and call it the second best sitcom on TV right now, after Modern Family.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Surprisingly ... 37.
    Indeed. An odd number; both literally and in terms of usual number of episodes in a US season ;)
    Close enough. Tonight's was 12 :D
  • Options
    TheBezzaTheBezza Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I know it was a couple of days ago but there was a great line I picked up on from Ryder. He got up from the table and left the kitchen while saying something along the lines of:

"I might as well run away from home and built my own house in the woods".

Obviously a reference to the movie "The Kings of Summer" where he and a few friends run away and build their own house in the middle of the woods.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This programme really, really annoys me.

I watched the first episode and almost died from cringing so much.

However, I thought - give it a chance, so I have dipped into the first series, watching maybe another two episodes.

It's horrendous. The acting is terrible - over the top and appalling. The storylines are, at best, the sort of thing I would have expected from Saved by the Bell, California Dreams, Sabrina...not a programme aimed at adults.

I can't believe this tripe is being allowed to continue when other, stronger shows have been cancelled - such as Franklin & Bash, Cougar Town (UK screens only) and Supernatural (UK screens only).

Please...make it stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess Melissa & Joey is the new Mike & Molly to DS....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Is it wrong how much I love this show? :D

And loving Mel's style, she looks great.

Nope, I am just the same. Love this show.
    Surprisingly ... 37.

EDIT: This is E4 pace.

Thanks, I thought it was a longer series.

Two parter tonight.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »

However, I thought - give it a chance, so I have dipped into the first series, watching maybe another two episodes.

It's horrendous. The acting is terrible - over the top and appalling. The storylines are, at best, the sort of thing I would have expected from Saved by the Bell, California Dreams, Sabrina...not a programme aimed at adults.

I can't believe this tripe is being allowed to continue
    when other, stronger shows have been cancelled - such as Franklin & Bash, Cougar Town (UK screens only) and Supernatural (UK screens only).

Please...make it stop.

I couldn't agree more. It's deeply unfunny. Ridiculous and cringy in equal measure.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »

I can't believe this tripe is being allowed to continue when other, stronger shows have been cancelled - such as Franklin & Bash, Cougar Town (UK screens only) and Supernatural (UK screens only).

Please...make it stop.

I'm in agrement with your bit about shows they have cancelled, very upset regarding cougar town and also about the show not being aimed at adults, but I think that's why I love it reminds me of all the rubbish stuff I watched when I was younger in my teens etc. makes me feel young and not nearly 30 lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a fan of The Class, but that was cancelled to make way for The Big Bang Theory. Can't win 'em all.