PSN maintenance

Comments

• claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Kept retrying and managed to get into mp now.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be PSN maintenance on Monday, March 10 from 16.30-22.00 UK time

Users will be unable to log into Account Management and the PS Store. Online gameplay will be available to anyone who has recently signed in.

There may be some additional downtime after the initial maintenance period for testing purposes.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got in at 4:45. It wouldn't let me sign in. Last I was on was last night about 10:30

Was gonna play tomb raider instead but there's a big bright orange light shining on my tv. I think someone mention its called a sun. I have heard of this mythical thing but didn't think I'd ever see it.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy a cloth shield to protect against that :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cloth shield you say. I might look into that. It could also serve to stop neighbours seeing me naked. All this new tech is fantastic. :)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    The only thing i really miss from the Xbox side is the fact they do there maintenance at stupid o clock (GMT) in the middle of the week.

Sony decide to do it when most people start getting home from Work on a Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to sign back in again there on ps4 but I need the store back.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice how these maintenance sessions are always happening during the time Europe are most likely going to want to play online. Never America or Japan etc lol. I'm just wondering if they can keep doing this now that ps+ is becoming mandatory for ps4 online play, no biggie i'm sure but no doubt people will start moaning lol.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Notice how these maintenance sessions are always happening during the time Europe are most likely going to want to play online. Never America or Japan etc lol. I'm just wondering if they can keep doing this now that ps+ is becoming mandatory for ps4 online play, no biggie i'm sure but no doubt people will start moaning lol.

With PS+ being mandatory now Folk will no doubt expect an XBox Live quality service (ie very little downtime) ... & they'll be quite in their right aswell imo! :)
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice how these maintenance sessions are always happening during the time Europe are most likely going to want to play online. Never America or Japan etc lol.

Well, it's a Japanese company and service that we've bought into... unless they stick to only having regional maintenance then this will keep stinging. Worldwide maintenance will most likely always be done on Japanese time, which makes sense considering...

1630-2200 our time is 0130-0700 the next day in Japan so it makes sense for them. Still bad for US users who are bunking off from work/school, though, lol! (1230-1800 Eastern / 0930-1500 Pacific)
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    With PS+ being mandatory now Folk will no doubt expect an XBox Live quality service (ie very little downtime) ... & they'll be quite in their right aswell imo! :)
    On Live, this only started happening after the NXE update which was November 2008. Before that, all those years of being a premium service, when MS did maintenance on Live it took the network down for 24hrs. It was completely offline - no online play for anyone anywhere in the world for 24hrs (or more if maintenance overran).
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Well, it's a Japanese company and service that we've bought into... unless they stick to only having regional maintenance then this will keep stinging. Worldwide maintenance will most likely always be done on Japanese time, which makes sense considering...

1630-2200 our time is 0130-0700 the next day in Japan so it makes sense for them. Still bad for US users who are bunking off from work/school, though, lol! (1230-1800 Eastern / 0930-1500 Pacific)

Regional updates would be a great idea be great if they could do it this way somehow.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I barely notice maintenance time on PSN these days. Almost everything is still usable these days so if Sony didn't announce that maintenance was happening I probably would notice half the time.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regional updates would be a great idea be great if they could do it this way somehow.

All games play globally though. Its only the store that is regional.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't connect to PSN. Just tried it and get an error message [NW-31201-7]
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't connect to PSN. Just tried it and get an error message [NW-31201-7]

Try network settings as if your doing it for the first time as an initial set up and then shut down and restart after the test.

I had some funny errors last night and ended up doing this then signing in manually.

One thing the PS4 needs is the ability to pick your network like a PC without going through the set up every single time!!!
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All fine now thanks mate. I just gave it a while :)
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That error message has come up for me but it won't go away. It's the same for many others too apparently. At first I thought it was me or my internet connection as I only bought my PS4 yesterday.
  • Nigel_WainwrighNigel_Wainwrigh Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Can't sign into psn on my ps3. It keeps telling me my internet connection has failed but i can use internet explorer without any issue. All other devices with internet working without issue.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Is psn down, just got logged out and cant sign back in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just came off and was fine but that's not to say new sign ins are allowed. There was an update to fw today. Not sure if mandatory or not. Maybe that ??
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I just came off and was fine but that's not to say new sign ins are allowed. There was an update to fw today. Not sure if mandatory or not. Maybe that ??

I had an update on sunday (ps3 + member) automatically and everything was ok watching the wwe network then it logged me out and cant sign in on any account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooops soz homer. Assumed wrongly you meant ps4....doh!
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Ooops soz homer. Assumed wrongly you meant ps4....doh!

No, no plans for ps4, plumbing business to pay for first
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A spot of mini-maintenance happening this afternoon, 2:50pm - 4:50pm UK time.