Dallas :season 3, Channel 5

Comments

• bel110bel110 Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Not on Virgin I hope :( I forgot to record it last night.

No, it´s a crappy iptv system ... I¨m sure you´ll be fine with Virgin! There´s a small chance if I reboot it, it might be there tommorrow ... keeping fingers crossed lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Emma..we made love
    john ross..no we just screwed :D
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    No, it´s a crappy iptv system ... I¨m sure you´ll be fine with Virgin! There´s a small chance if I reboot it, it might be there tommorrow ... keeping fingers crossed lol

Hope you can find it online if not.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    With that last episode I don't want Dallas to end...it is a great show with plenty more mileage to it storywise.

That Josh actor is good, he can have his own detective series or something like that. He would have been perfect for Gotham as Gordon instead of the current actor playing him.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness :o I had to close my eyes for the end, I couldn't watch :cry: I actually quite liked Drew, I think he was just unlucky to fall into a bad crowd and always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm glad I didn't watch it late at night and then try to go to sleep soon after, I was a bit traumatised!!

I thought the opening credits might have had new pictures with this sort of being a new season. I liked the long "previously on Dallas" bit at the start, really helped with what was going on.

When they were talking about Bo (who I like a bit more now he tried to save Sue Ellen) did they say his surname is McCabe? Isn't that the same surname as that guy John Ross met in the club who gave him the idea to take Ewing Global public? Or is that just a coincidence?

I actually really felt for John Ross in this ep.

No - Mackay (or (McKay).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With that last episode I don't want Dallas to end...it is a great show with plenty more mileage to it storywise.

That Josh actor is good, he can have his own detective series or something like that. He would have been perfect for Gotham as Gordon instead of the current actor playing him.

There certainly is - there's James to bring back & he has a son, also Lucas & Calley's kid.
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    It sounds really exciting :( Can someone please gie me a rundown of what happened!

I'll try - others please feel free to add things I might miss out. Contains spoilers for anyone who's not seen it yet.

Everyone ended up at the hospital at the same time - Anne told Bobby she'd been at the grocery store but Judith told him that she'd kissed Ryland. Bobby decided they needed some space and Anne had to move out.

Everyone thinks it was Emma who sent Pamela the video, apart from Emma who thinks it was Ryland, and Elena who's realised it was Nicholas.

Pamela was kept on suicide watch and wasn't allowed any visitors. John Ross found the plastic ring they originally got married with in Vegas in his burnt out room and took it to her but she binned it. She said if she'd wanted to kill herself she wouldn't have gone to their hotel room to do it and did it as an act of revenge on him.

Elena and Christopher were getting quite cosy, as were Heather and Bo. Bo said he went in the burning house to try and save Sue Ellen. His spine's now in a bad way.

Sue Ellen thinks she started the fire by setting John Ross and Pamela's wedding invitation alight and then passing out drunk. Actually it was Drew who started it by sneaking in and placing some sort of explosive device in one of the plugs.

Nicholas had Drew shot in the head by one of the dodgy Mexican drug dealers :o Drew said he'd save him a seat in Hell.
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll try - others please feel free to add things I might miss out. Contains spoilers for anyone who's not seen it yet.

Everyone ended up at the hospital at the same time - Anne told Bobby she'd been at the grocery store but Judith told him that she'd kissed Ryland. Bobby decided they needed some space and Anne had to move out.

Everyone thinks it was Emma who sent Pamela the video, apart from Emma who thinks it was Ryland, and Elena who's realised it was Nicholas.

Pamela was kept on suicide watch and wasn't allowed any visitors. John Ross found the plastic ring they originally got married with in Vegas in his burnt out room and took it to her but she binned it. She said if she'd wanted to kill herself she wouldn't have gone to their hotel room to do it and did it as an act of revenge on him.

Elena and Christopher were getting quite cosy, as were Heather and Bo. Bo said he went in the burning house to try and save Sue Ellen. His spine's now in a bad way.

Sue Ellen thinks she started the fire by setting John Ross and Pamela's wedding invitation alight and then passing out drunk. Actually it was Drew who started it by sneaking in and placing some sort of explosive device in one of the plugs.

Nicholas had Drew shot in the head by one of the dodgy Mexican drug dealers :o Drew said he'd save him a seat in Hell.

Thank you very much ... can´t believe my stupid catch up missed such a great sounding episode!!
    Forum Member
    i always get the two names mixed up ( Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe)..wondering who is who, i just know them by there soaps names

Does anyone watch Dallas now its moved to a later slot ? Too late for me so i tape it
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a sort of aversion therapy so that every time he shagged Emma in future he would be reminded of her having a fit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    As a sort of aversion therapy so that every time he shagged Emma in future he would be reminded of her having a fit.

Except for he's dumped Emma now anyway.....
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Just did a 4 episode catch up! :o What the deuce!

The Heather/Christopher/Bo triangle looks to have become a straight line with Christopher gallantly stepping out of the, err, shape.

This paves the way for a (probably) freshly impregnated Elena to find her moral compass and (shallow) buried love for Christopher and reconnect with him, only to discover (after she faints mysteriously) that her lover and brother-killer is also now her baby-daddy.

Pamela (channeling Judiths' words to Emma) takes her hurt, after discovering only 1 of John Ross's many (many) marital detours and will now seek vengeance on the Ewings by reconnecting with her estranged incarcerated pops, filling the void left by the gullible Elena. I also reckon she'll have her 'void' filled with Nicholas to spite John Ross.

Emma will buy another basque and try to get John Ross to come over for another ‘eat as much as you can' buffet. Who knows what will become of the (as yet) DNA-free dress she acquired from the pretend temp ****.

John Ross will be 'a better man' for at least 2 episodes. The urges will become too much shortly thereafter and he'll be eating and banging his way around Dallas again with impunity. I reckon he'll do Judith (yick) at some point! Yeah, I said it!

Ann... who cares...

Bobby will rebuild Southfork - with his bare hands. Cue a fight with someone ending up in the pool at the grand re-opening. I reckon Cliffy Barnes will appear at the end, vindicating himself of the murder of Jar with evidence of the set-up to boot, Pamela and Afton staring snarkily at the Ewing clan from behind him as he does his big speech.

Swellin is going to hook up with a buddy who'll keep her on the straight and narrow. Unbeknownst to her, the actual firestarter - Drew, just decorated a warehouse wall with his brains, so racked with guilt, she'll probably stay sober til the season finale when inevitably, something else will tip her over the edge.

I thought my family was bad...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd forgotten that Emma & Drew used to be an item.
    Forum Member
    I was a bit confused when Nicholas went with them all to identify Drew's body. As Carmen only knows him as Joaquim (? not sure how to spell that!) and Bobby was also there but only knows him as Nicholas. It would only have taken one of them to call him by his "name" and his cover would have been blown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit confused when Nicholas went with them all to identify Drew's body. As Carmen only knows him as Joaquim (? not sure how to spell that!) and Bobby was also there but only knows him as Nicholas. It would only have taken one of them to call him by his "name" and his cover would have been blown.
    Perhaps you are paying too much attention :p

Wasn't there a similar problem with him going to Southfork under a new identity when he used to live there also?
    Forum Member
    Haha, maybe I should stop trying to make sense of it and just enjoy the eye candy :D
    Forum Member
    This Emma is like the old Lucy..same long blonde hair, and she is also a floosie :D

oohh so Elena will be preggers with john ross' kid, with the holey contraceptive :p that she didn't notice :D

not bad episode, just watched it
  • Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    Just did a 4 episode catch up! :o What the deuce!

The Heather/Christopher/Bo triangle looks to have become a straight line with Christopher gallantly stepping out of the, err, shape.

This paves the way for a (probably) freshly impregnated Elena to find her moral compass and (shallow) buried love for Christopher and reconnect with him, only to discover (after she faints mysteriously) that her lover and brother-killer is also now her baby-daddy.

Pamela (channeling Judiths' words to Emma) takes her hurt, after discovering only 1 of John Ross's many (many) marital detours and will now seek vengeance on the Ewings by reconnecting with her estranged incarcerated pops, filling the void left by the gullible Elena. I also reckon she'll have her 'void' filled with Nicholas to spite John Ross.

Emma will buy another basque and try to get John Ross to come over for another ‘eat as much as you can' buffet. Who knows what will become of the (as yet) DNA-free dress she acquired from the pretend temp ****.

John Ross will be 'a better man' for at least 2 episodes. The urges will become too much shortly thereafter and he'll be eating and banging his way around Dallas again with impunity. I reckon he'll do Judith (yick) at some point! Yeah, I said it!

Ann... who cares...

Bobby will rebuild Southfork - with his bare hands. Cue a fight with someone ending up in the pool at the grand re-opening. I reckon Cliffy Barnes will appear at the end, vindicating himself of the murder of Jar with evidence of the set-up to boot, Pamela and Afton staring snarkily at the Ewing clan from behind him as he does his big speech.

Swellin is going to hook up with a buddy who'll keep her on the straight and narrow. Unbeknownst to her, the actual firestarter - Drew, just decorated a warehouse wall with his brains, so racked with guilt, she'll probably stay sober til the season finale when inevitably, something else will tip her over the edge.

I thought my family was bad...

Love it :D
  • Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    This Emma is like the old Lucy..same long blonde hair, and she is also a floosie :D

oohh so Elena will be preggers with john ross' kid, with the holey contraceptive :p that she didn't notice :D

not bad episode, just watched it

It could be either Jon Ross's or the dashing Nicholas. I guess that would have been a good story for the new season "who's the daddy" but sadly there isn't going to be one :(
    Forum Member
    Swellin is going to hook up with a buddy who'll keep her on the straight and narrow

oh i do hope it's Lee Majors again..i liked him in it last time, but i still see him as Steve Austin :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think there is an explanation for this. In an earlier episode he was invited to a barbecue or something at Southfork and she was told that he would only be known as Nicholas and should pretend not to recognise him.
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    Actually I think there is an explanation for this. In an earlier episode he was invited to a barbecue or something at Southfork and she was told that he would only be known as Nicholas and should pretend not to recognise him.

Ah I see, thank you. Although the state she was in she could easily have forgotten she wasn't supposed to know him!

I thought this week's episode was brilliant, best one of the season for me. I like how Elena's leaving it up to Pamela whether to free Cliff and restart all the feuding or not.
  • Richard_Noble1Richard_Noble1 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    nothing crappy about the mag250, do yourself a favour invest in a GOOD box then you get GOOD results
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should we have a sweepstake about who's left alive at the end?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look, I realise that Mexico is a corrupt country, but I can't imagine it's so bad that when someone is pardoned of a crime this is not done by the authorities & left up to a member of the public; surely the police & the Mexican version of the CPS would have been alerted to the fact that there were mistakes in the evidence & would have directly released Cliff?:confused:

I'm pleased that Bobby's hypocrisies re lying have been pointed out to him by Anne, but what about Pamela? Has it escaped her mind or the writers' minds that she pretended to be someone called 'Rebecca' & married Christopher, when all along it was a plot by Cliff to steal that work Christopher was doing with methane (which he seems to have forgotten all about & returned to the Ewings' first love - oil). Now Pamela is acting like she's some sort of Mother Teresa.

Why does Emma grease her hair back when going to meet with the Mexican drug lords - does she fancy herself as a 'gangster's moll'?