Options

Fallout New Vegas

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
What are peoples opinions here on this game? I bought it the other day because it's quite cheap and spent around an hour playing it but I'm not sure I want to commit any more time as I have too many other fun games to be playing.

Is it a slow burner and does the game get better as it goes on?

Comments

• Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive done about an hour and to me its seems the worst game ive ever played :-(
    I was really hoping it did gey better after all the hype but not for me unfortunately, Yet i know some pals that love it.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prefer Fallout 3 but I still enjoyed NV. Just have to finish it, with 3 I never hesitated but this one I haven't had the urge to finish.
    That said I don't think its a bad game at all, just not as good as 3
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NV is much closer to the originals than FO3 was, it may not appeal to the same type of player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ive done about an hour and to me its seems the worst game ive ever played :-(
    I was really hoping it did gey better after all the hype but not for me unfortunately, Yet i know some pals that love it.....

LOL yeah that's how I'm kinda feeling. I'm gonna stick with it and see if it gets better, I didn't go much on Fallout 3 at all, but I have also read elsewhere that this is more true to the original games.
  • Options
    MinjuryMinjury Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Its a 40+ hour game & low level gameplay is no way near as fun as a decently leveled character. The start is a slow burner but it really gets better as you level up & unlock more quests. Plus the quests have so many different ways to complete them rather than FO3's simple 'good option/bad option'. You can create any sort of character or build, its full of replayability.

I recommend you stick with it. I was unimpressed with FO3 until I persevered & blew up a certain city & then I couldnt put it down!.
  • Options
    DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed it once, started again and concentrating more on side missions, have also downloaded the Dead Money DLC. Love the game, buggy as hell but as you level up it becomes more and more interesting. At level 16 on my second play through. Not touched any of the games I got for Christmas as a result.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit to feeling a little let down by NV after the excellence of Fallout 3.
    I've got to the bit where I've got to rescue the Gunderson boy from the gourmand, but it's a bit of a pain and I find myself not having enough interest to do it.
    I would have been quite happy with just 'more Fallout 3'.
    I think I may reload Fallout 3 and finally blow up Megaton, it's the only thing I havent done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got it today myself but yet to play it. After speaking to a friend i will be starting on 'hardcore' mode which sounds really tough but enjoyable.

Anyone else started on hardcore? How are you finding it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I put well over 20 hours into Fallout 3 and still never got into it so I'm gonna pass on this one. I traded it in today for Dead Rising 2 instead because I also bought the new Case West of XBLA earlier today. :D Thanks everyone for the comments and opinions.
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FONV is good, but it just hasn't gripped me like FO3 did. I got every achievement (dlc too) on FO3 and would have loved more missions within that setting. I can't put my finger on what the problem with NV is. It has the same engine as FO3 and is easy to get into if you got on with FO3. Maybe it's all the faction stuff? Or maybe it's because morality seems to mean nothing in NV?
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think saying it's the worst game you've ever played is a bit OTT, you clearly don't have an extensive gaming collection. >_>

I'm the same as you guys, Fallout 3 had a better intro, it eased you into the story more, and Megaton was a 5 minute walk away to get you started..I'm not feeling as much love for NV I have to admit.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished this now and mopping up the last achievements, as much as I love the fallout series this one is buggy as hell. Numerous crashes and freezes make this horribly frustrating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I play this now, I get corrupted saves, or cannot save AT ALL.

I prefer FO3.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried playing it again and still can't get into it. I really can't put my finger on why! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    I've tried playing it again and still can't get into it. I really can't put my finger on why! :(

To me, it doesn't feel like it has the same "oomph" factor F03 had. I wasn't compelled to go back and play it again like I was with that one.