Options

Dallas :season 3, Channel 5

Comments

• Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Bobby has forgotten about his & Jenna's son Lucas aswell.

When did Bobby and Jenna have a son? That one slipped past me.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    When did Bobby and Jenna have a son? That one slipped past me.

Around about 1988, they'd already split up, Bobby had gone back to Pam & Jenna was with Ray & then Jenna & Ray went to live in France.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Around about 1988, they'd already split up, Bobby had gone back to Pam & Jenna was with Ray & then Jenna & Ray went to live in France.

I was just reading it on Wikipedia :)

I don't even remember Bobby getting back with Jenna - and I thought I had a good memory! Especially as I can remember some of the stuff that happened way before.

I'm currently watching the reruns on CBS. The acting is so over the top, but it's still entertaining.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Chip off the old block Jon Ross has forgotten that he has a brother (James).

Was JR the father of Calley's baby? In which case John Ross junior has another half brother/sister which he has forgotten about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Was JR the father of Calley's baby? In which case John Ross junior has another half brother/sister which he has forgotten about.

He was, but in a rare moment of compassion and sensitivity, he left Callie alone to raise the child with her new guy, and Callie was never aware that JR knew of the baby.

If I was a scriptwriter, I'd introduce the child/young man into the storyline.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    He was, but in a rare moment of compassion and sensitivity, he left Callie alone to raise the child with her new guy, and Callie was never aware that JR knew of the baby.

Definitely, and while we are at it we could loss Rylan, his daughter, Elena and Cliff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definitely, and while we are at it we could loss Rylan, his daughter, Elena and Cliff.

I can't stand Emma's character. She seems to have no redeeming qualities.

I presume Pamela doesn't have neurofibromatosis...
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Despite the fact he managed to father a child with Cally when he never took his trousers off :D

The last season or so of Dallas is not well liked and neither are the tv specials and the makers have tried to forget them as much as possible.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chip off the old block Jon Ross has forgotten that he has a brother (James).
    Can't say I blame him. James was awful. :D

The Joaquin/Nicholas plot line makes no sense. So he was raised with Elena and Drew (funny how they never mentioned him before...) and Elena and Drew have supposedly lived at Southfork since they were kids, yet the Ewings don't recognise him? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sasha Mithcell/James had to be the worst actor I've ever seen. He was uncomfortable to watch.
  • Options
    tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »

The Joaquin/Nicholas plot line makes no sense. So he was raised with Elena and Drew (funny how they never mentioned him before...) and Elena and Drew have supposedly lived at Southfork since they were kids, yet the Ewings don't recognise him? :confused:

^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^^
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thin lips as a villain after she was mother Theresa in the first series is a bit much.

I agree about Joachim as well, totally implausible.

Why is john ross playing around with skanky Emma?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely! I'd forgotten about that. These characters need to be brought in - makes more sense than random Mexicans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is an extremely good point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasha Mithcell/James had to be the worst actor I've ever seen. He was uncomfortable to watch.

One of those actors picked for his looks rather than his acting ability.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Cliff should be kept, but the writers need to have a contingency plan as Ken Kercheval looks like he might be joining Larry Hagman soon.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just reading it on Wikipedia :)

I don't even remember Bobby getting back with Jenna - and I thought I had a good memory! Especially as I can remember some of the stuff that happened way before.

I'm currently watching the reruns on CBS. The acting is so over the top, but it's still entertaining.

The stupid dream season confuses people re what happened & what was in Pam's head I think.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calley was at JR's memorial service, so the character has not been forgotten about/ignored/deleted by the writers of new Dallas, so the same should go for her kid.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Record time for John Ross to get his kegs off in this week's episode.

Would be easier just to use the same film every week.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

Oh dear. I was hoping someone could explain this to me. :( I was hoping I had got the wrong end of the stick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The stupid dream season confuses people re what happened & what was in Pam's head I think.:confused:

It confused the scriptwriters too.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow - good ending to tonight's episode.

I didn't expect Ryland to be working with the CIA, I bet Bobby and Ann will end up on the same team as Ryland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow - good ending to tonight's episode.

I didn't expect Ryland to be working with the CIA, I bet Bobby and Ann will end up on the same team as Ryland.

I was sort of hoping that Emma gets killed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't Jon Ross have curtains......?

Lovejoy must have cheated on Sue Ellen aswell because no way was she married to JR for 40 years.....

Uh-oh, psycho granny is back, that bit with her & the Mexican guy was rather uncomfortable to watch.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. I was hoping someone could explain this to me. :( I was hoping I had got the wrong end of the stick.

It occurred to me that maybe Nicholas is a few years older than Elena & Drew & he was already grown-up by the time the family left Mexico to go & live at SF, & so got left behind in Mexico.:confused: I reckon the reason that he's not a blood relative is so that the writers have the door open for a sexual relationship between them, though given everything else that's happened in the show, incest wouldn't be all that shocking.