KFC 3 piece meal

2»

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to go to KFC once, just once and them get the order right. Don't think it's ever happened yet.

This is so true. Several times I have asked for a three piece variety meal only to be given just a three piece meal.

Don't go as often as I used to as the quality has definitely decreased and as is mentioned on another thread the fries are now warm and soggy instead of hot and crispy like they once were.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    El Guapo wrote: »
    Not the word 'Chicken' then?

No.

I don't know why KFC get such grief. There is so much focus on them and McDonalds that their meat is actually decent quality, it's the independent shops and burger vans you really need to worry about.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I don't know why KFC get such grief. There is so much focus on them and McDonalds that their meat is actually decent quality, it's the independent shops and burger vans you really need to worry about.

I agree with that, although the quality has declined I'd still rather use them than some of the other fried chicken shops. If KFC can't do 2pc of Chicken and Chips for 99p than where do you think these places are getting their chicken from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should ask for what pieces you want, op.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ2 wrote: »
    You should ask for what pieces you want, op.

this, i usually say no legs put any other pieces which usually means wings since prob the cheapest piece , only the leg pieces seem to be the last to go and no one seems to want them in my house, I prefer the breast/ side breast, true they are the dry pieces but I still like it, though i do usually eat with beans and sauces.

also with the wing piece they always come with the wing tip chopped off, if they haven't there's something dodgy going on and the store must have bought their own chicken (locally) or something surely.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only recently found out that each chicken is divided into an odd number of pieces(9).

They've always been very accommodating when I've asked for just white meat. I'd actually prefer it if you could pay extra and have exactly the cuts that you wanted but I guess that probably wouldn't work.

If I could I'd just have the rib, which is my favourite cut, especially if you find a piece of liver in it.

If KFC did secret recipe coated chicken livers, I'd be in my element.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should have a chicken trade off. :D

I don't like the white meat pieces, much prefer the dark meat of the thighs, drumsticks and wings.
  • cdon77cdon77 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Why would the op mean thighs? KFC have been putting wings in their original recipe meals for years, they look like this: http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp332/solidghost_2011/kfc.jpg

Why do you have a nail clipper next to your food, is this some kind of secret recipe? :o
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cdon77 wrote: »
    Why do you have a nail clipper next to your food, is this some kind of secret recipe? :o

I didn't take the piccie, found it on google.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a piece of KFC like that. I would have taken it back and said "You appear to have given me a frog leg"

Are you sure that you didn't go into KFF by mistake?
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You shouldn't get two pieces of any piece of meat in a 3 piece meal. The standard is one large white meat (breast) 1 small (wing or keel) and 1 dark (thigh or drumstick).
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I had a bucket meal from there a couple of weeks ago and I think 3-4 out of the 10 pieces were wings. Not hot wing size, it has the 2 meaty joints, a bit of breast meat and the pointless wing tip bit. Its not the worst cut IMO, the cut which is mainly backbone is the worst.

I had the mighty bucket meal for one the other week, I liked the hot wings/rods and thigh meat (breast is a bit dry) but I cant stand those bits that are mainly skin/gristle. :)
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

What makes you think they would use 'decent' chicken when they can use the cheapest they can use to maximise profits! If paying for a meal i don't really expect it to be 'decent' i would expect it to be good quality at the very least.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why on earth you would get a 3 piece meal from KFC. Any chicken that they sell on the bone is awful these days. I always get the Boneless Banquet...3 pieces of boneless chicken, chips, gravy (or beans or coleslaw) and a drink. Some of their other meals are good too. Wouldn't touch any chicken on the bone from them though.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I had the Boneless Banquet once, pretty good :)
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    What makes you think they would use 'decent' chicken when they can use the cheapest they can use to maximise profits! If paying for a meal i don't really expect it to be 'decent' i would expect it to be good quality at the very least.

Why though? It is cheap, you can't be expecting free range or organic at those prices. Their chicken is from the UK and meets certain standards, I bet your local chicken shop doesn't bother with any of that.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't speak for other countries but in NI the supplier for KFC is Moy Park, who also supply co op, M&S, Sainsbury and many more.